Hmmm. Camo can sometimes work against you...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Baldrickk #1 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I was rolling around and lamenting the loss of my EBR when I ended up in the Charioteer on Mannerheim Line.

And then something happened, I realised something that may have been realised by someone before, but is not s9mething that I have ever seen discussed before.

In certain situations, having a good camo rating can be harmful.

Or, to turn it on it's head, sometimes the delay on activating binoculars helps you rather than hinders you.

So I made a short video showing it.

Yeah, I know, really low production quality, but...

One thing I didn't put in the video is that small nudges can keep the binoculars inactive for longer without making the aim circle grow much, giving you more time to aim in

AHLagman #2 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4499 battles
Are you high?

Baldrickk #3 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAHLagman, on 31 December 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Are you high?

Nno.  If you don't understand though, feel free to ask

SiliconSidewinder #4 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 29096 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

sixth sense is silly :P

UrQuan #5 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Always fun when people overly rely on their camo & sixth sense. It's something I sometimes abuse on my tanks. I get spotted in this situation & not when i move a bit to the other side? Enemy must be spotting me from bush X or location Y. Lets shoot it. Also works when an unspotted paper TD shoots you from a direction that only has a single bush. Then get accused of haxx, because I shot them while they were never seen. Yarr.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #6 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26015 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hmmm. Camo can sometimes work against you...

Only if you're that 5hit-faced you forgot where you parked it.

8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 79827 battles

So the 263's camo worked against him in that it gave you the time to set up your shot before he knew that he was spotted. 

I get it. Give cookie pls.  

Sushil #8 Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 37816 battles
I didn't find anything unusual in that video. There is a delay of 3 seconds before sixth sense kicks off that we all know and which you took advantage of by hiding quickly before sixth sense kicked off. But I don't get about what the camo value has to do with this?

Edited by Sushil, 31 December 2018 - 02:27 PM.

Dorander #9 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostSushil, on 31 December 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

I didn't find anything unusual in that video. There is a delay of 3 seconds before sixth sense kicks off that we all know and which you took advantage of by hiding quickly before sixth sense kicked off. But I don't get about what the camo value has to do with this?

Sixth sense has a 3 second delay, and the 263 in the video was only reacting to his sixth sense going off to realize he'd been spotted. Baldrickk needed about 3 seconds to fully aim, which means that every time Baldrickk went into firing position, the respective timers of his aimtime and the binocular activity started overlapping. So let's take it step by step:

t=0, Baldrickk is behind the bush. Aimtime starts, binocular activity timer starts.

t->3, Baldrickk is nearly fully aimed but can't see his target's exact location as binocs aren't active yet and he can't spot the 263 without the binocs because of the target's camo value. Target is unaware he's being aimed at 'cause he's not been spotted, after all, Sixth Sense has not gone off (huge tactical error on this player's part).

t=3, Baldrickk is now fully aimed, binoculars are active and he has the 263 spotted, because his spotrange now exceeds the requirement of distance plus the value of the 263's camo. Sixth sense timer starts.

t>3, Baldrickk fires at the now spotted target who takes damage and realizes he's been spotted.

t=6, The 263's sixth sense goes off informing him that he was spotted 3 seconds ago.

If Baldrickk did not need the binoculars to overcome the target's camouflage value, the scenario would look like this:

t=0, Baldrickk is behind the bush. Aimtime starts, binocular activity timer starts, 263 is spotted and his sixth sense timer starts.

t=3, Baldrickk is fully aimed, binoculars are active (but don't do anything towards the 263, it's been spotted already), the 263's Sixth Sense goes off warning him that he's been spotted.

t>3, Baldrickk fires and the target, aware that he has been spotted, has the shell travel time to react to this information and angle his tank or withdraw into cover such as the earlier scenario where Baldrickk couldn't penetrate him.

Edited by Dorander, 31 December 2018 - 03:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users