Jump to content


The AMX 12t is amazing


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Tactical_Spoon #1 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015
Just free xp'ed to the 12t and fully upgraded it. Heard things about it being mediocre etc but I'm having so much fun with the thing, it's mobile, got a great autoloader, good camo, what's not to like? 5 games in with 1800 average damage and got my first ace tanker with it in the 4th game. HOLY crap. I know it's only over 5 games, but I have a higher average damage in this thing than I do in my P44 Pantera. 

Ceeb #2 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 31349 battles
  • 5,586
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

Its a great machine.... love it the line to be fair.

 

 



Cobra6 #3 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16401 battles
  • 16,257
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Truth be told I never actually played the 12t but the line itself is all quite nice.

 

Cobra 6



McLovers #4 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14878 battles
  • 145
  • [SETI] SETI
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013

View PostTactical_Spoon, on 31 December 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Just free xp'ed to the 12t and fully upgraded it. Heard things about it being mediocre etc but I'm having so much fun with the thing, it's mobile, got a great autoloader, good camo, what's not to like? 5 games in with 1800 average damage and got my first ace tanker with it in the 4th game. HOLY crap. I know it's only over 5 games, but I have a higher average damage in this thing than I do in my P44 Pantera. 

 

I enjoy all the French tanks but when you get to the BC 12 T you will have more fun, you spend a lot of time in it so you really learn how to play it.  When I went up the line the line was different so when I came back the BC 12 T was in my garage however I had never played it even though I have the BC 25T for a long time.  At first, I was kinda hating on it omw to the AMX 30 but now I love it.

doctorfrag #5 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28261 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    07-09-2015
I was introduced to it by Baribal, as I had skipped it and its a really nice machine. thats really good damage I 3 marked mine with about 1000 average damage and thats already better than 99.7% so you 'll likely get to 100% if you carry on like that

Tactical_Spoon #6 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View Postdoctorfrag, on 31 December 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

I was introduced to it by Baribal, as I had skipped it and its a really nice machine. thats really good damage I 3 marked mine with about 1000 average damage and thats already better than 99.7% so you 'll likely get to 100% if you carry on like that

 

Just had a terrible game so rip 

Ceeb #7 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 31349 battles
  • 5,586
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostTactical_Spoon, on 31 December 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

 

Just had a terrible game so rip 

 

swings and roundabouts.

 

The line I really enjoyed. 

 

12t

Evan 90 (prem)

13 57 (prem)

13 90 about 10k from the 13 105.

 

In my opinion.   French > Chinese but of course the Russian Bias makes thier lights very good but I do poorly in the Russian ones,



doctorfrag #8 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28261 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    07-09-2015
I do less well in the 13 105 than 1390 I think im just not good enough, i wouldnt say its much of an improvement if any over the 1390

Tactical_Spoon #9 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View PostCeeb, on 31 December 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

 

swings and roundabouts.

 

The line I really enjoyed. 

 

12t

Evan 90 (prem)

13 57 (prem)

13 90 about 10k from the 13 105.

 

In my opinion.   French > Chinese but of course the Russian Bias makes thier lights very good but I do poorly in the Russian ones,

 

I'm going for the Batchat, might also grind to the 13 90 but no further than that. 

Ceeb #10 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 31349 battles
  • 5,586
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostTactical_Spoon, on 31 December 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

 

I'm going for the Batchat, might also grind to the 13 90 but no further than that. 

 

I'm also close to the Batchat.... but I dont think i'm good enough for it...

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37628 battles
  • 4,590
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostTactical_Spoon, on 31 December 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Just free xp'ed to the 12t and fully upgraded it.

 

Better to have started at the AMX ELC - it will be where the new wheeled line starts.

Tactical_Spoon #12 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 31 December 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

 

Better to have started at the AMX ELC - it will be where the new wheeled line starts.

 

 Not really interested in the wheeled line. So it's fine for me luckily :D
18:08 Added after 0 minutes

View PostCeeb, on 31 December 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

 

I'm also close to the Batchat.... but I dont think i'm good enough for it...

 

I mean surely the light line teaches you how to play the batchat really. Like an assassin saving himself till late game, clipping lone tanks and running. That's what I'm doing in the 12t and it works well for me (although my DPG is realistically like 1.2k not 1.7k). 

shortfuse1418 #13 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27115 battles
  • 207
  • [BYOB] BYOB
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012
Glad you liked it. I also did well in notoriously bad tanks like the Tiger P and the Black Prince (both with a 60% WR at the end of the grind). However, I am still awful in stat padders favourites like the T64 and Pnz B2. I have to be honest I did not keep either as the next tank on for each tech tree is so much better.  Well done and keep at it.

DaddysLittlePrincess #14 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26421 battles
  • 295
  • Member since:
    08-14-2012

You want to know why 12t is mediocre? Just compare it to Type 64. You shoot your 4 shells and then you have to wait for 20(?)s, where with Type, you shoot pretty much as fast, but you're not limited by autoloader. I'm pretty sure Type has over 2x more dpm. Plus it has better gun handling, better gun depression/elevation, more view range, more speed...

But I agree, even that it's mediocre, it still can be fun. And if you like this one, just wait for 13 75. I ground the line on my f2p/T95e2 account, and 13 75 was by far my favourite.


Edited by DaddysLittlePrincess, 31 December 2018 - 07:29 PM.


Tactical_Spoon #15 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 31 December 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

You want to know why 12t is mediocre? Just compare it to Type 64. You shoot your 4 shells and then you have to wait for 20(?)s, where with Type, you shoot pretty much as fast, but you're not limited by autoloader. I'm pretty sure Type has over 2x more dpm. Plus it has better gun handling, better gun depression/elevation, more view range, more speed...

But I agree, even that it's mediocre, it still can be fun. And if you like this one, just wait for 13 75. I ground the line on my f2p/T95e2 account, and 13 75 was by far my favourite.

 

True, although I perform much better in the 12t than the Type 64 for some reason. 

McLovers #16 Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14878 battles
  • 145
  • [SETI] SETI
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 31 December 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

You want to know why 12t is mediocre? Just compare it to Type 64. You shoot your 4 shells and then you have to wait for 20(?)s, where with Type, you shoot pretty much as fast, but you're not limited by autoloader. I'm pretty sure Type has over 2x more dpm. Plus it has better gun handling, better gun depression/elevation, more view range, more speed...

But I agree, even that it's mediocre, it still can be fun. And if you like this one, just wait for 13 75. I ground the line on my f2p/T95e2 account, and 13 75 was by far my favourite.

 

Yeah, but when you play the AMX 12T it feels fun I cannot say that about the TYPE 64 however I play both, infact I play every light tank I can get my filthy paws on because that's my jam.

Tactical_Spoon #17 Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015
Just had my second ace in like 25 games holy crap 

Bennie182 #18 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 55034 battles
  • 1,797
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostTactical_Spoon, on 31 December 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Just free xp'ed to the 12t and fully upgraded it. Heard things about it being mediocre etc but I'm having so much fun with the thing, it's mobile, got a great autoloader, good camo, what's not to like? 5 games in with 1800 average damage and got my first ace tanker with it in the 4th game. HOLY crap. I know it's only over 5 games, but I have a higher average damage in this thing than I do in my P44 Pantera. 

wasn't doing great in the time I played the 12T. hate it actually, but later on in the line I like those auto-loaders. guess it was just my lack of experience that made me perform bad.. I re-bought the 13 75 and had amazing battles with it. I like the faster drum loading on it compared to 12T.



Tactical_Spoon #19 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1428 battles
  • 171
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View PostBennie182, on 31 December 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

wasn't doing great in the time I played the 12T. hate it actually, but later on in the line I like those auto-loaders. guess it was just my lack of experience that made me perform bad.. I re-bought the 13 75 and had amazing battles with it. I like the faster drum loading on it compared to 12T.

 

I unlocked the 13 75 after 34 games in the 12t (boosters + Christmas event) and I'm loving it already, just like you I've had some amazing games. 1.6k DP/G in 5 games hopefully I can keep it up :D 

JocMeister #20 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24870 battles
  • 2,263
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

13 75 is a lot more enjoyable. I really disliked the gunhandling on the 12t.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users