My wishlist for 2019 , and yours?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48167 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

I will try to be very laconic and synthetic, I do not want to write treaties and stuff too long and boring

Anyway, good 2019 to everyone

:)

MM

Size 3-5-7 and others subformat , now are completely futile and outdated. Personally I do not find them so horrible but are not even the best if you're not top tier.

I believe that formats of this kind are more decent than the current ones in mm +2 / -2 and that they can favor lower tiers :

2-3-10
5-10
4-11
3-3-9

I do not know how much they are possible but I think better than the existing one.

Frontline

The introduction of the Frontline mode, we all know , was a real success.
Starting from this fact I would like to expose some opinions on this, especially after the leaks of the wg fest.

The introduction of this mode as a permanent mode to events scheduled in the game will only do good for the game and for us players.
Excellent the idea of not having the mode available 24 hours, but only for a certain amount of time a month.
Excellent introduction of premium wagons for special achievements that can be purchased for bonds.
In my opinion, the mode does not require particular improvements [except that an improvement in graphics performance] but requires at least 2 other maps dedicated to the game mode.
Playing in the long run a mode only on a map would make the game boring, uninteresting and completely predictable as time passes.
I sincerely hope that the development of further maps has been taken into consideration to have a rotation even in this mode , if this does not happen, this mode will be destined to die with time.

little list of tier X cars that would be interesting to buy with bonds

T22 Medium - AMX 50 FOCH - FV215B - FV215B 183 - WT AUF E100(P) - Obj 777 v2 - Obj268 v5 - T54E2 

little list of tier X cars that would be interesting to buy with bonds

T103 - IS5 - KV4 KTTS - T95/Chieftain - KV4 K - T44 LT -  ISU130 - STRV 81 - EMIL 1951  

AMMO REBALANCE

We read everywhere that the WG is thinking of reducing the damage caused by "special ammunition" by 25-30% without reducing the penetration factor.

In substance we will do less damage but we will have the same power of penetration.

For example if we are playing an M60 in a full tier X battle and we are shooting HEAT to penetrate a Type 5 Heavy instead of averaging a damage of 390 hit points per shot our damage will be 273 with a reduction of 30%, instead it will be 292,5 with a reduction of 25% to damage done.

In all this, the RNG factor and its random percentages related to the damage inflicted on penetrating strokes must also be applied , in the substance of this point of view, this important change to the game would result in a general buff to all the heavy tanks of the game [and to all the well-armored tanks] at every level of the game. 

It produce games with MM full of heavy tanks and players who play at low tier because the seal-clubbing is promoted with this change, without mentioning the seal clubbing tanks already existing in the game at lower levels, including premiums.

This will make the heavy tanks longevous and stronger , probably to play heavy tanks or in general well armored tanks will become the new metagame with negative effects for the game and paradoxically in greater spam of premium munitions worse than before.

You are rightly asking yourself : You are right , but the gold spam must be stopped!

I totally agree

The only real solution to limit the spam of these types of special ammunition is the reduction of the number that can be mounted in the hold of a tank.

Small example:

if a tank mounts 40 ammunition in total in its hold, the total percentage of the "gold" hits should be limited to 25%  [limit that I hypothesize]

So on a total of 40 shots available only 10 will be "gold" shots , which seems to me to be better than having players who use only premium ammo, especially on APCR-equipped tanks as premium shots.

I do not think that there are currently solutions to this [which for me is not a problem]

Reducing the damage by 25-30% does not make sense, as it would be even worse to reduce the penetration factors to discourage the use of such ammunition.
The only solution is to actively avoid that the players are discouraged to use only that type of ammunition to be more competitive and penetrate [as often happens] by shooting at random gold shots.
Limiting the percentage is the only truly possible and practicable solution.

Balance of tanks

I will not write lists, I will not analyze tank per tank or I'll end in 2020.
Too many tanks from tier 1 up to 10 need a serious and accurate rebalancing work , also for premium ones.

Some quick and practical examples:

121, seriously needs to return a competitive tank and a viable alternative to that useless wagon that is the bo-Obj430U

AMX 30B, a totally useless tier X wagon with penetration factors at the limit of ridicule and a truly exaggerated dispersion.
Currently senseless.

H35-R35
Two small examples of seal clubbing at the low tier, totally senseless armor. Without mentioning other wagons like T2 Light or other premium wagons of this kind.

Obj268 v4, the WG understood only after 6 months that this wagon was something totally out of its mind.

Type 5/4
Insert the cannon that only fires explosive shots, instead of improving the existing cannon was one of the most stupid choices ever seen.

E25? Defender? Chrysler? Lefh18b2? 

With these examples I just want to show that the balance of the wagons seems to have gone more and more into the background, I hope that 2019 is a better year than the previous ones, even if I know it is vain hope.

Maps

I have always harshly criticized the maps created by the wg , often badly balanced and with completely wrong basic ideas.

We all know on average what they are and how many are totally useless maps in the game, which often share [in a foolish way] that role in the MM from tier 1 up to tier X.

I hope that soon a very basic editor will be available to create models of maps , something that many houses have done in the past to involve their players more and improve the development of the game.

Excellent update 1.0 and the graphics related to the maps, but the colored poop of gold is still poop.

Release an editor to let us create maps that you then select to insert into the game.

2019 is the right year to seriously start introducing weathering as part of the maps , I want to see rain, heavy snow , sandstorms, windy wind and night maps.

Grand Battles

Many critically criticize this mode, due to the design of the maps.

I agree that the maps should be improved [and above all enlarged] , but in general terms, this mode is quite fun.

The only major flaw is the maximum number of arty , which from 8 should be reduced to 6.

Tier 8 Team Ranked Battles

Who remembers the ranked battles in team for the tier 8? I do.

I believe that a ranked battle mode  [in the team battle format] for the tier 8 tanks has to be restored [and improved] it is a pity to abandon this path.

Not all players are interested in the ranked tier X, a ranked format like this would be interesting.

Tier 6 clan-wars

Having also denied to the less competitive clans of playing the global map with tanks tier 6 is a real insult to all those less strong clans that are not able to compete with tier 8 and 10.
Restore the map also for the tier 6 to also allow the less strong clans to play to receive some prizes.

Tier X ranked battles

Look forward to the news of next season, as for me should be slightly improved the system of leagues and obtaining various levels of prestige.
Just as the economy of this modality should be seriously reviewed, especially at the most competitive levels.

Arty 

They were definitely better before, now it's quite funny to shoot [for example] with the cannon of an obj261 [180mm cannon, not candys] and average 300 damage x shot [if you're lucky].
Imagine yourself with a t92 or a cgc, really useless and ridiculous.

Not to mention the stun effect or the senseless accuracy they have now.

limiting the number of arty to 1 per team [and balancing the personal missions consequently] is the only true solution.

Otherwise, total removal.

Game clients and options

some proposals:

1-have a complete and improved menu as far as sound options are concerned with a greater number of settings and customizations to increase, if possible, the sound involvement, an essential part of a game.

2-develop [if possible] a game client in 64-bit version

3-have a unique and specific option to increase, decrease or mutate the annoying sound of ping-spam on the minimap and related game commands/comunications

4-have the opportunity to increase the number of commands / communications in the game and be able to customize them without using third-party mods.

5- have the real possibility of hiding game statistics from other players [it would not interest me] but I think it's right to do that

6-have the coordinates on the minimap or the use not only of the grids but also of the cardinal points [east-west-south-north]

7-seriously improve loading times related to synchronization when you log in

8-have the opportunity to make a tank a real premium tank of your choice , obviously paying

9-have the possibility to customize your garage and to choose which one to use without the use of mods

10-have the possibility to increase up to x5 the number of slots displayed in the carousel of the tanks and to be able to decide their size.

11-provide true multi-threading support to the game [which we know is already in development for some time]
I look forward to its developments.

Premium Account and premium tanks

I do not buy premium accounts for a long time and maybe I will say crap ..

Increase credits not of 50% but of 65% for those who buy the premium account, same thing for xp and free exp.

Same thing with regard to the percentages of premium tanks for non premium and premium account.

The same thing should be slightly increased by about 10% the credit gain for those who do not use the premium account.

Stop the premium time when a player disconnects, buy for example 50 days of premium account and for other reasons to use many less is a bit of a rip off.

Whenever a player disconnects from the game, the premium time should freeze and reactivate when you return to the game.

It seems to me a more honest form of premium time management.

Personal missions

Review the requests for many personal missions, both from the first and the second campaign.
Some requests are outlandish and obviously made by those who do not play this game.

The prize tanks of these missions are excellent , except for the T28 HTC and the Chimera that are currently ridiculous to play and that after 60 missions are a real miserable prize for the player.

Rental tanks

Tanks for rent is a beautiful idea pity that it is not possible [expired the rent time] to remove the aesthetic customizations done on the tank received in rent, so loosing emblems, camo , paints and inscriptions of all kinds without being able to recover or transfer to other vehicles.

Even worse, after the rental period, it is not possible to buy the tank that has been rented only for gold unless it is available on the shop's website.
Really something bad and to be reviewed.

Forum and interaction with the developers plus public and private test

It would be interesting to talk to developers instead of just moderators.
Do we make you so afraid?

Increase public test interactions with greater time frames to increase data collection when changing game-based factors or introducing new tanks and new mechanics to avoid junk as in the past.

Same for private tests, increase the base of players who have access to non-public test phases to have a greater and better data collection base, and above all make the most frequent private tests when you have to make important changes to the game or intrduce new mechanics or modes

Example: the frontline tier X tests I took part in two years ago [about] were a disaster and the number of players on the private sever was too few, whatever the test was. Same for the map tests.

Tankes skills, too many and too much xp request.

Too many skills for each tanker , too much XP and time to have a crew with all the skills or almost impossible to have it.

System to be reworked and improved.

Sixth Sense, Repairs and brother in Arms must be given to all tankers by default.

As well as the amount of XP required for each skill after the previous one must decreased.

Equipment for bonds

Must be permanently removed from the game, strong players do not care to have more advantages over opponents..

Refund all players who have purchased such equipment for bonds.

For new players

Decrease the prices of equipment, consumables and ammunition for those who are new in the game instead of forcing them to immediately buy gold and premium time premium tanks.

Create specially designed equipment designed only for low-level battles and new players. The same thing must be guaranteed a crew with a minimum of skills to understand the functioning and the basic concepts for a new player

Further improve the bootcamp , to better explain the penetration mechanisms, the ammunition types , the visual ray and the sighting and all the mechanics and functions of the hud.

Disincentivate seal lubbing at these levels and protect new players from the more experienced and above all balance the low-level tanks that you of wg have created especially for the seal clubbers.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 31 December 2018 - 06:38 PM.

RaptorAbt #2 Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 41725 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostValkyrionX, on 31 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said

I do not want to write treaties and stuff too long …...

Thank heavens this was the "short" version. :bajan:

ValkyrionX #3 Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48167 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

View PostRaptorAbt, on 31 December 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Thank heavens this was the "short" version. :bajan:

it's impossible, at least I tried :(

Homer_J #4 Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValkyrionX, on 31 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

I will try to be very laconic and synthetic, I do not want to write treaties and stuff too long and boring

Anyway, good 2019 to everyone

You could have just stopped there.

Happy new year.

And as for the rest: TL : DR

Edited by Homer_J, 31 December 2018 - 06:55 PM.

ValkyrionX #5 Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48167 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

View PostHomer_J, on 31 December 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

You could have just stopped there.

Happy new year.

And as for the rest: TL : DR

tl dr? you're not forced to read everything :P

Balc0ra #6 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68100 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

My issue with 3-5-7 is the 3, as in you are relying too much on the top tiers.  As making it easier for lower tiers by adding a 2 is not gonna work. As then you are even more relying on having good top tiers. So having an akf VK B is not helping when the enemy has a two Type 4's on the HT lane. Templates is why I hate 3-5-7, because they only have one. At least next year they will add more templates for +2 MM. So it might make it better when your top tiers is not that... great. 

Gold ammo damage reduction can go both way in terms of how effective it is. Limiting the amount of gold ammo you can carry will only go one way I'm sure. Even more so when most tanks like the T32 and IS-6 still can't reliably pen "as in a 50% chance" on half the targets on the HT lane in an equal tier 8 game. That and stock grinds. If your top tier HT has a sub 190 pen stock gun vs a Defender, and only has 5 rounds. And he still can't pen the VK 100.01 behind it after the Defender is dead. And it's a 2-3-10 game with the rest of the HT guns on that lane with 175 pen or less. Then what? As even then, you are only giving more power to the super heavies in the end to roll over weaker tanks that was good 10 metas ago. And we only start the armor and ammo whine circle again. As you can't simply fix it by limiting or removing it. It's not even 1/3 of the job to fix it. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 December 2018 - 07:01 PM.

Homer_J #7 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValkyrionX, on 31 December 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

tl dr? you're not forced to read everything :P

I skimmed a bit and it looks like you plagiarised a certain streamer's youtube video. :unsure:

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48167 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 December 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

My issue with 3-5-7 is the 3, as in you are relying too much on the top tiers.  As making it easier for lower tiers by adding a 2 is not gonna work. As then you are even more relying on having good top tiers. So having an akf VK B is not helping when the enemy has a two Type 4's on the HT lane. Templates is why I hate 3-5-7, because they only have one. At least next year they will add more templates for +2 MM. So it might make it better when your top tiers is not that... great. 

Gold ammo damage reduction can go both way in terms of how effective it is. Limiting the amount of gold ammo you can carry will only go one way I'm sure. Even more so when most tanks like the T32 and IS-6 still can't reliably pen "as in a 50% chance" on half the targets on the HT lane in an equal tier 8 game. That and stock grinds. If your top tier HT has a sub 190 pen stock gun vs a Defender, and only has 5 rounds. And he still can't pen the VK 100.01 behind it after the Defender is dead. And it's a 2-3-10 game. Then what? As even then, you are only giving more power to the super heavies in the end to roll over weaker tanks that was good 10 metas ago. And we only start the armor and ammo whine circle again. As you can't simply fix it by limiting or removing it. It's not even 1/3 of the job to fix it. 

Intelligent observation yours, in fact I am not of the opinion that the munitions are a problem in the game, same thing the MM imo

I play well as it is the game

I do not buy premium accounts and I play pretty well

I can understand those who complain about these two things but for my experience they are not problems at all

More than anything else the real problem lies in the balance of tanks , in the presence of weakspots and in the factor of non-competitive penetration in many vehicles, aim time and dispersion included

An is6 would be competitive against a defender if it had a decent penetration [220mm ap and 250mm apcr] and an aim time and an adequate dispersion

The tanks with mm pref should be better of how they are now, especially those that mount the 122mm guns.

we do not name the poor and dead amx cdc

18:10 Added after 2 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 31 December 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

I skimmed a bit and it looks like you plagiarised a certain streamer's youtube video. :unsure:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but these are my ideas and it took me at least an hour to write everything.

if someone says things similar to mine and vice versa obviously the defects of the game then they are under the eyes of all, maybe they are obvious things, but my ideas are generally these

Elefantas #9 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48677 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 31 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

E25? Defender? Chrysler? Lefh18b2? 

Best wishes for a happy new year to all.

Digital goods purchased with real money cannot be altered downgraded

Edited by Elefantas, 31 December 2018 - 07:45 PM.

TheDrownedApe #10 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 45569 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

1. Forumites to be succinct 

2. To be still playing this game in a year

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 31 December 2018 - 07:55 PM.

1ucky #11 Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77004 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Lots of health and life, and all the best to all the good (and even not-so-good...) tankers out there. :great:

Happy New Years, all! :medal:

=^.^=

Gardar7 #12 Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Same as yours, plus add more Japanese, Swedish tanks/TDs and Hungarian tech tree!

Grand_Moff_Tano #13 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1765 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

My wishlist:

MM - Higher preference toward 5-10 MM during times of high population

Rebalanced Tech Trees for each nation

More Tank Tiers, probably upto Tier 20+

Introduction of Smoothbore guns

Israeli/South Korean Tech Tree

ATGMs

Halftracks

Properly introduced Wheeled Vehicles, not WG's half arsed attempt at replacing Light Tanks as active scouts

Challenger 2 Black Knight vs T-14 Armata Battles on Malinovka :P

CrazyLovex #14 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16801 battles
  • [S-DS] S-DS

TL;DR 

But my wishlist  - 1wish 

Same whish as always ...

Remove arty from the game (or least 1 server) 

. . Never gonna happen though :arta:

Edited by CrazyLovex, 31 December 2018 - 11:37 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #15 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25248 battles

Free stuff and a lottery win.

Sfinski #16 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Remove arty and fix MM. Then we're pretty good. Then re-balance every OP and UP tank. Next fix 1.0 abysmal hitboxes and make new proper maps like Red shire and balance existing ones.

After that we would be pretty golden.

undutchable80 #17 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8985 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Chieftain Mk6 

Madjunski #18 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5519 battles
  • [MAD-J] MAD-J
Yugoslavia tanks.

Del059 #19 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32358 battles
Less arty whine threads

HussarKaz #20 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6296 battles
Cool idea with 3-3-9 scheme.

My wishlist:
1) MM
- same tiers battle should be a priority
- +1/+2 battles only if same tier battle is impossible
- no horror lineups like 5-5-5
- artillery and LTs should have +3 MM or even +4

2) ammo
LTs should have no gold ammo

3) Remove missions for artillery, players should not be forced to play arty

4) maximum 2 artys per battle

5) More historically accurate premium tanks:
- Jagdtiger with 128mm on Tier 8
- Tiger II with 88 mm on Tier 7
- Elefant or Jagdtiger with 8.8 on Tier 7
- Soviet T-35
- T6 Medium Tank on Tier 4
- 9TP
- Char 2C

6) german tree rebalance
- E100 turret should be Maus-like
- Improve pen for Tiger II top gun AP rounds
- move Jagdtiger 8.8 to Tier 7 (with lower DPM) or replace it with Jagdtiger (H)
- limited MM for VK 45.03

7) Italian and Polish TD lines

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users