Premium shop insanity? Pay to win?

Rant

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Grimmx #1 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

A tier 5 package for only Pocket Money this time. The "hydrostat" is on sale!

Aprox 94 Euro converted from my currency.  (NOK)

Im like "what?"

Im old enough to remember when people frowned upon using 10 Euro for the monthly subscribtion for an MMO.

They basically sell pixels that gives in game advantages and promises of higher winrates and personal bragging rights?

Im not saying im innocent, because i have bought lots of Premiums over the years myself, but this thing has gone completly out of hand.

The greed that Wargaming displays by increasing prices like this is nohing short of amazing. I mean some People must buy it because otherwise they wouldnt have sold so expensive packages right?

So are we insaine or not?

Im really surprised, and could never have foreseen the way prices has increased and the general acceptence for it.

Its like the community slowly but surely just have accepted it as the "norm", but it really isnt, is it?

I myself earn about 50,5 k Euro in salary yearly, and have no problem buying if i want to, but thats not my point here.

It has been really insaine whatching this game unfold over the years, and i do love the game.

Gold spam vs higher armor?  

Transfers for crew, free xp? 

New tanks that are copies of earlier Versions with different names and better stats sold all over again for absurd prices? 

Holiday gambling with lootboxes to get us in that x-mas spirit right?

Boxes that gives alot of gold that you cant use on the final tank, because wargaming want you to draw Your credit card one final time.

So how stupid must a person be to just keep giving them Money when everything cant be more transparent?

How stupid are we?

Im like a drooling idiot by my own standards, because i admit i used Money this x-mas as well..

Everything is out in the open, but we still pay like its normal and Wargaming is laughing all the way to the bank.

I am surprised they are alowed to use a model that preys on human weakness and gambling tendencies and nobody bats an eye to it. Where are the international laws that should forbid Things like this?

Welcome to WOT.

Insanity.

Well, ive sorta had it. I just cant overlook it anymore, even if i can afford it.

I may pay for a sub, and a few gold to equip or demount my equiment (another gold scam from WG) but nothing more.

I havent decided yet.

Im actually Close to going free acount because of the blatant exploit of human bad behaviour.

I could quit like ive done 10x before, but its really nothing similar out there.

And i really like the game.

Its a pity its driven like it is.

Anybody else feel like this? Like enough is enough?

(edit = typos)

Edited by Grimmx, 01 January 2019 - 10:15 AM.

panter22 #2 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15188 battles
so it took you 13k off battles to figure that out hmmm where have you been 8 years 

jack_timber #3 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40279 battles

Everyone has the choice, not for me I can find better ways of spending 85 UK pounds.

The only item I purchase from WG is premium account + 1k gold every month, works out at 40p per day.

Grimmx #4 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

View Postpanter22, on 01 January 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

so it took you 13k off battles to figure that out hmmm where have you been 8 years 

More like it has gotten to a point where i cant overlook it anymore.

Edited by Grimmx, 01 January 2019 - 10:38 AM.

Leadfire #5 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 01 January 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

A tier 5 package for only Pocket Money this time. The "hydrostat" is on sale!

Aprox 94 Euro converted from my currency.  (NOK)

Im like "what?"

Please explain how the Hydrostat is P2W?

wsatnutter #6 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
pays your money takess your choice

Grimmx #7 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

View PostLeadfire, on 01 January 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Please explain how the Hydrostat is P2W?

Where do i say that Hydrostat is P2W?

I do admit i thought it was good beeing in an expensive package like this, but doesnt it become even more absurd if its mediocre as well? 

That pricetag for a mediocre tank?

Btw, the Whole game is pay to win.

That doesnt exlude skill tho.

Edited by Grimmx, 01 January 2019 - 10:57 AM.

ZeroCommaZero #8 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44938 battles
  • [JERKS] JERKS

View PostGrimmx, on 01 January 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

I do admit i thought it was good beeing in an expensive package like this, but doesnt it become even more absurd if its mediocre as well? 

The pricetag is for 30500 GOLD (which is a usual price for this amount). The tank is for free. 

You dont see that? Seriously?

Leadfire #9 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 01 January 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Then why do you put such a title on your topic and first mention the hydrostat?

If it's about the Gold price....are you saying it shouldn't be sold?

Your topic title is a little OTT for the content of the post.

gpalsson #10 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
So you get the 30500 gold for free when you buy then tank? Or what? I think you forgot to mention something in the original complaint.

Edited by gpalsson, 01 January 2019 - 11:01 AM.

Gremlin182 #11 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

General

• Player
  • 57892 battles

Never considered getting the Hydrostat I don;t think its that good a tank its a vanity piece a collectors item.

If it were a competitive tank they would simply sell it as its not they give it away if you buy an awful lot of gold.

If there was something about it that really made me want it then I would be a little angry as it is I couldn't care less.

Its like the PZ III J and the BT-SV complete waste of garage space other than to a collector.

I played MMOs and never went for the subscription games because the subscription is running out whether you play or not and indeed runs out if you play some other game.

Always free MMOs and occasionally payed out for cosmetic changes.

Prices in this game have gone up I bought ,my Type 59 for around £23 but that was seven years ago

The older tier 8 mediums still sell for a similar price newer ones maybe £30 not a huge price rise over 7 years.

Whats more crazy buying a pixel tank for £30-£100 or buying a ticket to watch a football match for much the same price

Hobbies can cost money sometimes a lot of money, its only crazy if you spend more than you can afford

I never buy into the virtual argument as in what you pay real money for isnt real.

Went out last night had a great meal and a few drinks then came home.

Total cost was well over the cost of a pixel tank.

Food was real as was the drink but where is all that food and drink now ?

Still got my Virtual Type 59 7 years on.

Game can be free and there is little advantage to owning a premium tank other than faster XP and credit gain.

There are a few unbalanced tanks and this needs looking into, its not right to leave them unbalanced but limit sales.

Ill reserve judgement for now but im expecting something to be done about these tanks.

The type 59 is no longer an OP tank yet its still a much wanted one.

Same could happen to the Defender IS3a and so on without impacting sales too much

Gold spam is expected but since everyone can use it equally its not much of a problem.

I have a Type 95 you either shoot the cupola or use premium, when I get the T110E3 I expect everyone to use Premium ammo against me.

Nerfing the damage of those premium shells just means you have to fire more

Weakest point on the front of that tank is the lower glacis at 230 mm the est of the front is mostly 340 to 600 effective.

Tanks NEED premium ammo.

Grimmx #12 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

I mention Hydrostat sale as an example of the insanity that are in the Premium shop.

That high price for pixels is retarded, gold or not.

Its also advertised as a tank sale, not gold sale.

My topic is not of topic. 

If you think so you havent even bothered Reading my post or thinking over it for more than a second.

Feel free to defend wargaming for the Premium shop though.

Everything is normal, nothing to see here..

Tom_Deekanarry #13 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13037 battles

You can spend days grinding a tier 8 for instance or just buy one, personal choice, if you don't want to grind through all the modules and simply don't enjoy doing that then pays your money takes your choice, what's the problem unless you can't afford it, or are not willing to pay, but again that's your choice!

Edited by Tom_Deekanarry, 01 January 2019 - 11:05 AM.

Grimmx #14 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 01 January 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

So you get the 30500 gold for free when you buy then tank? Or what? I think you forgot to mention something in the original complaint.

They are selling the tank.

And my topic is about the insanity, not that tank.

Did you read my post?

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 01 January 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

You can spend days grinding a tier 8 for instance or just buy one, personal choice, if you don't want to grind through all the modules and simply don't enjoy doing that then pays your money takes your choice, what's the problem unless you can't afford it, or are not willing to pay, but again that's your choice!

People dont buy Premium tanks and not play other tanks.

Besides, do you really think a pixel tank should cost 40 Euro or more?

Thats a good deal?

Fair to those that can afford it?

If People are stupid enough to pay the price etc etc..?

You dont see any problems about that?

Edited by Grimmx, 01 January 2019 - 11:12 AM.

Leadfire #15 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 01 January 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

I mention Hydrostat sale as an example of the insanity that are in the Premium shop.

That high price for pixels is retarded, gold or not.

Its also advertised as a tank sale, not gold sale.

You have a dramatic topic title about P2W....one one expect some drama lama cry about Defender's or IS3-A's.....not about selling Gold(the primary currency in WoT) or about a mediocre tank that is rare.

I think you read the description of the tank and fell for the sales pitch without realising that the Hydrostat comes from a time when premium tanks were not great.

Back peddle all you wish.....the topic is a wet sock.

Grimmx #16 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 01 January 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Never considered getting the Hydrostat I don;t think its that good a tank its a vanity piece a collectors item.

If it were a competitive tank they would simply sell it as its not they give it away if you buy an awful lot of gold.

If there was something about it that really made me want it then I would be a little angry as it is I couldn't care less.

Its like the PZ III J and the BT-SV complete waste of garage space other than to a collector.

I played MMOs and never went for the subscription games because the subscription is running out whether you play or not and indeed runs out if you play some other game.

Always free MMOs and occasionally payed out for cosmetic changes.

Prices in this game have gone up I bought ,my Type 59 for around £23 but that was seven years ago

The older tier 8 mediums still sell for a similar price newer ones maybe £30 not a huge price rise over 7 years.

Whats more crazy buying a pixel tank for £30-£100 or buying a ticket to watch a football match for much the same price

Hobbies can cost money sometimes a lot of money, its only crazy if you spend more than you can afford

I never buy into the virtual argument as in what you pay real money for isnt real.

Went out last night had a great meal and a few drinks then came home.

Total cost was well over the cost of a pixel tank.

Food was real as was the drink but where is all that food and drink now ?

Still got my Virtual Type 59 7 years on.

Game can be free and there is little advantage to owning a premium tank other than faster XP and credit gain.

There are a few unbalanced tanks and this needs looking into, its not right to leave them unbalanced but limit sales.

Ill reserve judgement for now but im expecting something to be done about these tanks.

The type 59 is no longer an OP tank yet its still a much wanted one.

Same could happen to the Defender IS3a and so on without impacting sales too much

Gold spam is expected but since everyone can use it equally its not much of a problem.

I have a Type 95 you either shoot the cupola or use premium, when I get the T110E3 I expect everyone to use Premium ammo against me.

Nerfing the damage of those premium shells just means you have to fire more

Weakest point on the front of that tank is the lower glacis at 230 mm the est of the front is mostly 340 to 600 effective.

Tanks NEED premium ammo.

Are you a wargaming employee by any chance?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostGrimmx, on 01 January 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Thats a good deal?

WG only provides products that people are willing to pay for. So long as they're entirely transparent in their offers, which they are, then it's completely down to you as a consumer to exercise your right to pay or not pay for the product at the advertised price.

Don't blame WG because you have poor wallet control.

Grimmx #18 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13898 battles

View PostLeadfire, on 01 January 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

You have a dramatic topic title about P2W....one one expect some drama lama cry about Defender's or IS3-A's.....not about selling Gold(the primary currency in WoT) or about a mediocre tank that is rare.

I think you read the description of the tank and fell for the sales pitch without realising that the Hydrostat comes from a time when premium tanks were not great.

Back peddle all you wish.....the topic is a wet sock.

You are funny guy, ill give you that.

So i use "Premium shop insanity, pay to win" as a topic and you Focus only on the fact that Hydrostat came With 30k gold and that really DEFENDS the pricetag?

Hey, cheap right?

Normal right?

And then my whole post after the first section mentioning todays great sale is a "back peddle"..?

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12780 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

What I find insanity is another offer for the skorp. G surely everybody that wanted one will have it by today? Anyone recorded the amount of skorps in game over time? 

People shout for the 13 57, why not? With the upcoming EBR panhard, surely now is the time to sell an old model first?

Tom_Deekanarry #20 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13037 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 01 January 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

They are selling the tank.

And my topic is about the insanity, not that tank.

Did you read my post?

Thats a good deal?

If you can afford 40 Euro's and would like the tank you buy it, if you can't you don't it's that simple!

Your basically whining because of the cost of something, well noone HAS to buy them, but some do so yeah 40 Euros is fine if you can afford it, this isnt communism, earn some cash and quit whining or don't look at the premium shop!

Also tagged with Rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users