The IS-3A isn't that OP

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

brevlada #1 Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17336 battles

Until you bring it into a 1v1 tournament, then what in the world is the other player supposed to do? it can 4-shot basically any tier 8. That's 17 seconds. Good game well paid. It really needs another look on, and that's not in 6 months like it took with the 268 4. People could tell it was going to be too good by just looking at the stats, more so by playing it. Will it be rebalanced (hrm nerfed hrm)? probably not since it's a premium, and the state of the game and matchmaker isn't as important as sales and the paying customer satisfaction. In the recent time, people are feeling more and more upset of the direction the game is going in, even QB himself, that's always toned down things to make them look good for the game is starting to point out the flaws, something is seriously wrong and has to change, why is'nt it?

Edit: with 1v1 I don't mean like a custom match, I mean the daily tournaments WG have, if you have an IS-3A you're infinetly more likely to win each game compared to someone who doesn't, which makes the issue a lot worse, it really breaks the tournaments, and makes them to pure "buy lootboxes to get IS-3A and win", as if WoT esports wasn't dead enough already... :teethhappy:

Edited by brevlada, 02 January 2019 - 12:12 PM.

xtrem3x #2 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34976 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
in a 1v1 you would take a 50100 or something and kill it first

Blubba #3 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60147 battles

Still could be nerfed couldn't it?

Was it sold as such or buffed after sales and the loot boxes don't count or do they?

Out of my depth on this one but I am still confident it won't get nerfed so pipe dreams.

AbsoluteMadLad #4 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6396 battles
First when I played it my opinion was - meeeeh... Now it surely seems too powerful

Qarina #5 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15914 battles

IS-3A is significantly better than IS-3 because it is basically the same tank which just can burst 2k dmg, then if it has to keep shooting, just like normal is-3

This is the silly part. Regular autoloader wouldn't be as bad as the reverse autoreloader they introduced

Edited by Qarina, 01 January 2019 - 07:43 PM.

Cannes76 #6 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70849 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Only solution in a 1 vs 1 is to use distance, I guess.

DeadLecter #7 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32223 battles

View Postbrevlada, on 01 January 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

Until you bring it into a 1v1 tournament, then what in the world is the other player supposed to do? it can 4-shot basically any tier 8. That's 17 seconds. Good game well paid. It really needs another look on, and that's not in 6 months like it took with the 268 4. People could tell it was going to be too good by just looking at the stats, more so by playing it. Will it be rebalanced (hrm nerfed hrm)? probably not since it's a premium, and the state of the game and matchmaker isn't as important as sales and the paying customer satisfaction. In the recent time, people are feeling more and more upset of the direction the game is going in, even QB himself, that's always toned down things to make them look good for the game is starting to point out the flaws, something is seriously wrong and has to change, why is'nt it?

It's a T8 so it will take maybe a year or 2 for WG to say they are aware of the issue and they are working it and another 2 years to actually start working it. And it is not as OP as V4 was so in 4 years yeah it will be balanced.

Edited by DeadLecter, 01 January 2019 - 08:03 PM.

Del059 #8 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34077 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN

View PostQarina, on 01 January 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

IS-3A is significantly better than IS-3 because it is basically the same tank which just can burst 2k dmg, then if it has to keep shooting, just like normal is-3

This is the silly part. Regular autoloader wouldn't be as bad as the reverse autoreloader they introduced

I'm sure you mean 1k damage, but also except for the rubbish power to weight (10.64 v 14.26) or the gun soft stats and dispersion rate. 

jeffrey_mk2 #9 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14350 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

A while ago I found this IS3 A in front of me when I was playing the IS6 ....  guess what  : he clipped me without any problems.

The stupid thing about it is that I found him just when I came into position on the map, so I havent played more then one and a half minute into game.

I tryed to track him and keep him around the corner but he just repaired his tracks (I need to reload 3 year) and he pens me with every shot that did 400+ dmg , there is no competition between these tanks at all.

Also if I see platoons with 3 tanks of these in the enemy team you know the there is a big chance to lose with your own team.

It makes no sense to fight against these type of tanks at all without having a autoloader yourself , they are so much more powerfull in a 1 vs 1 situation then regular tanks.

Now I just drive away if I see one coming my way :hiding:

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23665 battles

View PostQarina, on 01 January 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

You can tell the people who don't have IS3A - they think its an IS3 with an autoloader. It's not. The gun handling is much worse and it's way slower.

It doesn't "burst 2k dmg" either.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 01 January 2019 - 08:48 PM.

mortalsatsuma #11 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14635 battles

View Postxtrem3x, on 01 January 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

in a 1v1 you would take a 50100 or something and kill it first

Provided the IS-3a was on its own and unsupported and even then you would need to have a full or 5/6ths full mag to kill it from full HP and that's assuming none of your shells somehow bounce or do no damage as some are likely to because RNG is good for the game. You make one mistake in a 50-100 vs an IS-3a and it's GG, you lose.  

Qarina #12 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15914 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 01 January 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

You can tell the people who don't have IS3A - they think its an IS3 with an autoloader. It's not. The gun handling is much worse and it's way slower.

I played the tank in bunch of battles.

I don't really agree. You play it almost in the same way. The difference is that well you have 2 shells more, for no reason. The trade offs they made with barely noticeable gun handling and mobility doesn't justify the extra burst you have.

You can do the same is-3 can do and more

mortalsatsuma #13 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14635 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 01 January 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

I have one and I've never found the weaknesses to overwhelm the immense strength of having a reverse auto-reloader. The only reason I've not been playing mine much anymore is because tier 8MM is still beyond broken. Sure, it's slower but the IS-3 is fast for a heavy tank anyway so the slower speed of the IS-3a just makes it feel more like a regular heavy than a fast one. Also worse gun handling? It's Russian. It doesn't care about accuracy etc and you should be playing this thing up close in people's faces anyway which is great because the vast majority of maps are corridors which suit the IS-3a just fine.

It's not quite as fast as the regular IS-3 and doesn't have as good gun handling, granted but the IS-3 is, as stated, fast for a heavy and has well known ridiculously good gun handling for its class anyway. IMO the IS-3a is just straight up better and I would take it any day of the week over a regular IS-3.  

gpalsson #14 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I'm not saying it isn't OP, but the game shouldn't be balanced around 1v1.

CrazyLovex #15 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21714 battles

View Postbrevlada, on 01 January 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

268 v4 is tech tree tank WG will nerf those, IS3 a ..prem so only buff.. so heavily doubt there will be a nerf/rebalance. agreed

IMO people are just jumping on the bandwagon of *new premium is OP whine*.. really i think the Defender and skorpG are Stronger tanks... Defender and SkorpG in boxes is crazy to me..

Also i do have an unpopular opinion, that premium tanks should be better than the tech tree as they cost money, i always thought why pay for a weaker tank?

Personally i would chose to be in a Defender vs an IS3-A .. higher alpha and better armour to bounce shot from the ISA-3's clip

KillingJoker #16 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39942 battles

I have an exercise for people who think the IS-3A is overpowered... 

imagine a regular IS-3 with a dead driver and gunner...can you imagine that? 

Yes, the tank will not go forward as fast, and it will turn like a brick...the aim circle will be huge... and it will aim slow as hell....

the only good thing is that, if you are patient and not an idiot to rush the shots, you might just hit 3 out of 3 shells in soft targets, and avoid being frustrated by bouncing 3 out of 3 shells in the side of a tier 9 because apcr can ricochet like you wouldn't believe when its penetration is not very high... 

i played 4 games yesterday, lost 4 games in my IS-3A, i did 1900 average damage in those games, the funny thing is... at same time i did this, i am also grinding the 53TP tier VIII polish heavy, and i have 70% winrate,  and playing with the stock gun...its also curious that i got much better mm in the 53TP than in the IS-3A... 

slitth #17 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13845 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

While the IS-3A is a strong tank, I would not call it OP. 

Close but not like the Defender

First weakness I can see is the mentality of the clip.

The clip is terrifying in a 1v1 situation.

But if you are willing confronting a full HP IS-3A without support or a plan, then the clip is the least of your problem.

No the clip mentality it to empty it at the enemy at all cost, and that not a bad thing if you can get away with it, without getting too much return fire.

But it have see IS-3A die because they could not resist the urge to go for the full clip of damage.

Of course the better the player the less this weakness comes in to play.

Then there is the confidence of the IS-3A.

Yes, it a powerful tank, but if you are overconfident you will get in to a situation that not even a IS-3A can shoot its way out of.

And again the better the player the less this weakness comes in to play.

And last there is the new reputation of the IS-3A.

Players know that is a strong tank, and that make it a target that need to die fast.

So the IS-3A will get more than its fair share of the enemy attention and firepower.

Smile4MyShell #18 Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47420 battles
I got is3A in loot box and still need to figure its play style out played only few battles and so far i dont like it.It feels sluggish and the gun is terrible.I will try it again sometime.

brevlada #19 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17336 battles
Added a clarification to the initial post

kaneloon #20 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30956 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

I saw more Is3-A easily carry their battles than I ever saw Defenders do it.

Defenders are like japonese heavies : you can just ignore them until the end.

Is3-a are much more dangerous.

Edited by kaneloon, 02 January 2019 - 12:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users