Fair play policy UPDATE

WG Cheats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

bgjudge #1 Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28598 battles

If you are willing to pay, you can play as much as you want, no matter fair ot not. 

*edited 

check this crap. Nothing new..nothing that we dont know..but just see WG at its best

And there are other replays from other streamers/youtubers uploading "PRO players "

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 02 January 2019 - 10:52 AM.
Naming and shaming

Cobra6 #2 Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16401 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Watching the video now, dis gun be good?

Well, I do agree there is some VERY dodgy aim "snapping" going on. Amazing if this game actually featured on an official WG channel...

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 01 January 2019 - 06:48 PM.

Sfinski #3 Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Watched it also, saw some dodgy aiming for sure. Funny thing is, without that dodgy aiming he could actually have damaged tanks. So he could have done better without that.

Igor_BL #4 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41721 battles
  • [GX] GX

View PostSfinski, on 01 January 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Watched it also, saw some dodgy aiming for sure. Funny thing is, without that dodgy aiming he could actually have damaged tanks. So he could have done better without that.

true.

I wrote several time that I dont understand why do people use that BS.

About the topic, nothing new here. Naming and shaming is much bigger problem for this game, then cheating... So, i expect OP to get his warning at least, because he ruins this game for other players with this topic.

wsatnutter #5 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25656 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
well well well

evilchaosmonkey #6 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16957 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostIgor_BL, on 01 January 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

true.

I wrote several time that I dont understand why do people use that BS.

About the topic, nothing new here. Naming and shaming is much bigger problem for this game, then cheating... So, i expect OP to get his warning at least, because he ruins this game for other players with this topic.

Naming and shaming an obvious cheater is a bigger problem than the cheater.

Really?

Facepalm.

Is that because you're a millennial who has to respect peoples rights to do what the hell they want more than justice itself?

Sfinski #7 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 01 January 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

Really?

Facepalm.

Is that because you're a millennial who has to respect peoples rights to do what the hell they want more than justice itself?

Or maybe, MAYBE, that wasn't Igors opinion, but what he thinks WG thinks of the matter...

HundeWurst #8 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 71937 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostCobra6, on 01 January 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Watching the video now, dis gun be good?

Well, I do agree there is some VERY dodgy aim "snapping" going on. Amazing if this game actually featured on an official WG channel...

Cobra 6

True, well in the first third I could not really see much, all the speculation about the tundra thingy seemed to be a bit far fetched.

However when then aimbot was active in the middle of the map against that STRV and the snapping later on is a clear sign for cheating for me at least.

And ofc WGs promise to fight cheating is a clear failure and as I have said before is just there to calm the masses. They dont really care. I am pretty certain about that.

However please dont blame the guys from the customer support. They wont be able to check replays, they wont be allowed to confirm cheating, they only are allowed to answer in premade texts. It is NOT the fault of the CS, just saying.

Igor_BL #9 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41721 battles
  • [GX] GX

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 01 January 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Really?

Facepalm.

You should look into Sfinski's post.

I "fought" WG policies several times on this forum and called that they only care about naming and shaming, they dont care about cheating in this game.
I even send them some replays from players from my former clan, where he had  more obvious aimbot then this LYNX guy in OP post. And nothing happened.

Nothing, except I  got some PM warnings because of that.
TBH, i was rude, cant deny that.

I fought the law and the law won.

Edited by Igor_BL, 01 January 2019 - 07:26 PM.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

As for the first point about a Tundra mod usage? That's not easy to prove with a replay alone. Nor did it look like he "knew" vs the 257 as he did scan for it at times to get the target highlighted. 

But... as for the aim. Well at first vs the STRV I thought it looked iffy when it jumped to the track for half a second, but vs everything else I could not see much signs of it.... Until around the 5:30 mark. I know the sight can jump around based on terrain and distance changes etc. But on the wall he aims at, there is no change in terrain or distance besides the shed that is closer to him that the sight went right past and still jumped around the flat wall before it went over the STRV away from the main aim with no vocal confirmation of auto aim. So that definitely looked sketchy. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 January 2019 - 07:26 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

And when did he report it to WG?

Has there actually be a FPP banwave since then?

Because I can imagine that WG isn't going to ban people left, right, and centre just because people report them.

If I were WG, it'd probably be better to ban those players along with the rest who get caught by the FPP Banwave so make it ambiguous as to the cause of their ban.

Did they get reported? Maybe. Did WG's FPP algorithm discover them? Maybe.

In part, because it makes it harder to the people who make the hacks to find out of WG is onto them or not.

As an online gaming company, your best approach to anti-cheat isn't some anti-cheat software like punkbuster, but rather a system that kicks in slightly later so hack-makers can't fact-check if their hacks are blacklisted or not.

Proof of concept: punkbuster and the like are bloody useless at countering hacks.

PervyPastryPuffer #12 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Okay, yeah, at around 5:30 in the video it's very clear he's using some kind of aimbot. The reticle snaps around the Strv which is behind the building even though the player's physical aimpoint doesn't move (he doesn't move his mouse).

However, I'd just like to address that situation regarding the 257 at the beginning and the supposed (naked map) mod... That's just bull, a good player will know where he can find the enemy's outline because imagine this: he can see the icon above the tank!!! WOW IKR!?! ...it doesn't take long to know where the enemy tank's hull is once you aim at it even if there's a bush in the way, and the consecutive shots were not weird at all, the 257 was tracked there and it's clearly visible where the house is.

He hasn't got a naked map, but he does have some sorta aimbot.

evilchaosmonkey #13 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16957 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostIgor_BL, on 01 January 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

You should look into Sfinski's post.

I "fought" WG policies several times on this forum and called that they only care about naming and shaming, they dont care about cheating in this game.
I even send them some replays from players from my former clan, where he had  more obvious aimbot then this LYNX guy in OP post. And nothing happened.

Nothing, except I  got some PM warnings because of that.
TBH, i was rude, cant deny that.

I fought the law and the law won.

OK I was wrong.

My apologies.

I blame my instant rage brought on because of the MM over the last few days.

Kudos to you for fighting the law and winning.

Respect.

Igor_BL #14 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41721 battles
  • [GX] GX
Law won man, law. not me.
https://www.youtube....h?v=AL8chWFuM-s

evilchaosmonkey #15 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16957 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostIgor_BL, on 01 January 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Law won man, law. not me.
https://www.youtube....h?v=AL8chWFuM-s

Yeah must put my glasses on when reading posts.

Plus must stop humming the clash song when typing about the law and winning.

edit:  that's the problem with pop music these days, no original songs anymore.  +1 for reminding me of the clash.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 01 January 2019 - 07:43 PM.

HaZardeur #16 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35334 battles
Why I´m not surprised... I worked for an company in the past and a deal got canned... if that deal would have happened we wouldnt have such threads here in the forum :hiding:

Qarina #17 Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13610 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Im not going to watch boring streamer for 15 min to understand what's all this about.

Somebody (author) explain pls

Renesco #18 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 22235 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

Cheating is the norm in former Soviet countries, if you didn't cheat you didn't advance. This is the same today where normal day-to-day services in Russia / Ukraine / Belarus requires bribes towards officials for things that should be their job. You have a lot of people going ''omg why doesn't WG ban?'' and they don't understand the culture the game comes from. They DO NOT CARE about cheating so long as it is just client-side tweaks.

Most western developers will include a checksum in their game and if it is in any way modified they dish out bans, eastern devs from former Soviet Union, China and Korea don't because it is the normal to worm your way into any advantage you can.

PervyPastryPuffer #19 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostQarina, on 01 January 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

Im not going to watch boring streamer for 15 min to understand what's all this about.

Somebody (author) explain pls

Reading through the replies would've satisfied your request so here's my TL;DR I guess:

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 01 January 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Okay, yeah, at around 5:30 in the video it's very clear he's using some kind of aimbot. The reticle snaps around the Strv which is behind the building even though the player's physical aimpoint doesn't move (he doesn't move his mouse).

However, I'd just like to address that situation regarding the 257 at the beginning and the supposed (naked map) mod... That's just bull, a good player will know where he can find the enemy's outline because imagine this: he can see the icon above the tank!!! WOW IKR!?! ...it doesn't take long to know where the enemy tank's hull is once you aim at it even if there's a bush in the way, and the consecutive shots were not weird at all, the 257 was tracked there and it's clearly visible where the house is.

He hasn't got a naked map, but he does have some sorta aimbot.

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48117 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

I saw this video in full and I checked in person that the player has not yet been banned , he has recent active games

the video on yt speaks clearly, very likely the player in question uses the forbidden tundra mod and also you see very well that uses the aimbot , especially at the beginning of the game and when he finds himself in the middle of the map while looking [cheating also badly] to shoot to the su130 and to the strv

in a game like this he would probably have done even more damage without using these illegal mods
what fun is there to make the computer play for you and to search weakspots?

probably the fair play policy is not as stringent as we think

players like these have to disappear from the game in an instant

Also tagged with WG, Cheats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users