36 replies to this topic

Archaean #21 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16029 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostIgor_BL, on 01 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

true.

I wrote several time that I dont understand why do people use that BS.

About the topic, nothing new here. Naming and shaming is much bigger problem for this game, then cheating... So, i expect OP to get his warning at least, because he ruins this game for other players with this topic.

Ye, I don't share your opinion.

KleinerTiger #22 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23395 battles
  • [R_A_C] R_A_C

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 01 January 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

Naming and shaming an obvious cheater is a bigger problem than the cheater.

Really?

Facepalm.

Is that because you're a millennial who has to respect peoples rights to do what the hell they want more than justice itself?

How does this have anything to do with millenials? It's more like how our society treats whistleblowers like Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden, where exposing a crime is being treated as an even worse crime. 

Edited by KleinerTiger, 02 January 2019 - 12:31 AM.

ValkyrionX #23 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48846 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

true.

About the topic, nothing new here. Naming and shaming is much bigger problem for this game, then cheating... So, i expect OP to get his warning at least, because he ruins this game for other players with this topic.

oh wait..

Spoiler

Edited by ValkyrionX, 02 January 2019 - 12:41 AM.

Ew_ #24 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37589 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

Remember that time Morgotz got banned because even unicums didnt understand aiming over crests mechanics? (how the aim just "snaps" onto the enemy tank when it is in line of fire).

Even tho the aim didnt move, the aim pointer did as the line of fire was broken by the enemy tank as he preaimed over crests. Like all skilled superunicums does. He got banned 2 weeks for nothing but plebians crying on the forum.

Thats why i say, this thread should be trashed regardless of validity. Witch hunts are never ok.

Edited by Ew_, 02 January 2019 - 12:54 AM.

clixor #25 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52779 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 01 January 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

And when did he report it to WG?

Has there actually be a FPP banwave since then?

Because I can imagine that WG isn't going to ban people left, right, and centre just because people report them.

If I were WG, it'd probably be better to ban those players along with the rest who get caught by the FPP Banwave so make it ambiguous as to the cause of their ban.

Did they get reported? Maybe. Did WG's FPP algorithm discover them? Maybe.

In part, because it makes it harder to the people who make the hacks to find out of WG is onto them or not.

As an online gaming company, your best approach to anti-cheat isn't some anti-cheat software like punkbuster, but rather a system that kicks in slightly later so hack-makers can't fact-check if their hacks are blacklisted or not.

Proof of concept: punkbuster and the like are bloody useless at countering hacks.

Actually this was covered in the posted Youtube as well. It's pretty clear to him (and i agree) that there is NOT some sort of eleborate anti-cheat software in place. Ofcourse we will never know the exact details but in all likelyhood, bans are done on basis of ingame reports.

Also, i don't think WG don't care, or, they care just enough to keep the playerbase happy. And that's kinda working as the posts on this forum about haxx have died out mostly.

PabloGee #26 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30299 battles
  • [5TAR5] 5TAR5

This guys is pure cheatter. - no obstacles for sure and aiming cheat. 

This game is full of guys like him - and WOT does nothing about it . Keep loosing players WG

Swoopie #27 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:30 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28570 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostEw_, on 02 January 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

Remember that time Morgotz got banned because even unicums didnt understand aiming over crests mechanics? (how the aim just "snaps" onto the enemy tank when it is in line of fire).

Even tho the aim didnt move, the aim pointer did as the line of fire was broken by the enemy tank as he preaimed over crests. Like all skilled superunicums does. He got banned 2 weeks for nothing but plebians crying on the forum.

Thats why i say, this thread should be trashed regardless of validity. Witch hunts are never ok.

https://www.youtube....h?v=BJQ1KRoGsRo (Video is sarcasm incase that isn't clear but it shows the important parts well)

Yeah this was bs that he got banned. But apparently when you get enough people yelling "cheats" you can force WG's hand into banning. Iirc Morg never received an explanation as to why he was banned, it was just a manual 2 week ban done by someone.

Berkeli #28 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45580 battles
well... this got out of hand quickly

Madjunski #29 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5677 battles
  • [MAD-J] MAD-J
Hm, i know this player. I asked him once 3 or 4 months ago to send me the replay or i will send a ticket to wg. He told me i’m the noob... maybe i am, but im not cheating ;) poor *edited 
03:55 Added after 1 minute
And i don’t give a *edited  about naming and shaming. Cheater’s name: *edited. Everybody should know this.

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 02 January 2019 - 11:02 AM.
Naming and shaming

PlasticArmour #30 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53828 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

When cheating became widely known a lot of people stopped playing. WG came out with their anti-cheating policy to counter the decline so I'd imagine this post will be closed soon for showing nothing has changed much. 

When I look to download an mmo game now the first thing I do is check youtube to see if anyone has posted cheats on the game because I don't want to invest money into a game that allows cheating.  Haven't played any other mmo since, it's a big problem as soon as modding is allowed.

Thanks for the post.

OreH75 #31 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50169 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostPlasticArmour, on 02 January 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

When cheating became widely known a lot of people stopped playing. WG came out with their anti-cheating policy to counter the decline so I'd imagine this post will be closed soon for showing nothing has changed much. 

When I look to download an mmo game now the first thing I do is check youtube to see if anyone has posted cheats on the game because I don't want to invest money into a game that allows cheating.  Haven't played any other mmo since, it's a big problem as soon as modding is allowed.

Thanks for the post.

Modding =/- cheating. And cheating in WoT is not a big issue since all calculations are done serverside but you judge the game on some YT videos about cheating? 

LordMuffin #32 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostEw_, on 02 January 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

This doesn't show much though.

It only shows that WG is incompetent when it comes to detect and ban cheaters.

Which is hardly news anyway.

mtnm #33 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3367 battles

Someone should create an Aimbot Detector Mod that checks live or during a replay if gun barrels (yours and enemy's team) tend to snap to modules. It would work only for past replays because the Aimbot would be instantly modified to add some tracking RNG. But we can download old replays and find out statistically how many actually use Aimbot.

Ah, I've remembered old replays cannot be played with the Client. GG WG.

Edited by mtnm, 02 January 2019 - 10:28 AM.

Wot_in_2k19 #34 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45612 battles
Poor guy reroll his account to be stonk player and use aim bot so sad..... 

DaddysLittlePrincess #35 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26514 battles
  • [GHS] GHS

View Postmtnm, on 02 January 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Someone should create an Aimbot Detector Mod that checks live (...)

Actually it would be enough if WG give spectator option after you die. The function is already in the game. In training room, when you hit spacebar, you jump to player's PoV and you can see live how he aims etc. But I believe enabling it for randoms would kill WG potato servers. 

HanZi #36 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45917 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-
As SO many would say, ITS SKILL. muhahahaha. NOT.!!!!! Why do you think some have over 60 % winrate. Cheats.!!!!!
10:00 Added after 2 minutes

true.

Spoking like a true cheater. GJ.

10:01 Added after 3 minutes

View PostOreH75, on 02 January 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Modding =/- cheating. And cheating in WoT is not a big issue since all calculations are done serverside but you judge the game on some YT videos about cheating? 

WHAT.???? seriusly.!!!!

AngryCombatWombat #37 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

• 4248 battles
Enough. Would you kindly stop this witch hunt? As this post will only bring more and more shaming I am closing it. 

Also tagged with WG, Cheats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users