WHY 2019 changes will not make any difference

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

RenamedUser_555746413 #1 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3093 battles

so been thinking about the proposed tweaks to the game in 2019 and really don't see where WG are going, its all cosmetic changes, nothing real and nothing that will change the complaints players been making for years

MM, the template system is the issue, more templates wont solve the fundamental problem, its a gimmick nothing more.  just ditch the template system full stop.  personally I had no issues with old MM but I cant see how the template could be any worse if you tried to kill this game.  1 simple improvement to MM is put the but 48% players in a separate MM, easy to do and make the game better all round

arty    no mention what so ever about arty, another huge issue for ever in game and only made worse with the stun mechanic..  simply remove the god view and have arty aiming at minimap or tanks within their view range and remove the appalling stun BS

tank balance, 5 tanks getting a buff but entire game needs a rebalance, get back to abandoned 10.0 patch and sort your game out

gold ammo, the damage nerf welcome but again its only really a gimmick, ammo needs a total reword and removal of pay to win,, WG said they had radical ideas for this but go with the easiest option instead of a game changing improvement

maps, for gods sake, you keep saying its easier to make new maps than rebalance old ones then bring back highway ???  every change you make is a disaster, fjords bad, erlenberg terrible, fishermans bay gets worse every change.  just undo all the changes, remove highway and make new maps  (although I gather Minsk is ALREADY under review for change??  if so that's just really poor)   and bring back UNCHANGED Stalingrad and Kharkov, good maps, balanced maps and maps that need good gameplay.

game mechanics.  ever since failed 1.0 patch I am wondering how spotting mechanics work now, genuinely don't know anymore and its the same with the streamers, over and over you hear Orzy, QB etc wondering how they cant see this tank or that tank or how they are spotted.  not sure if this an issue similar to the shot box issues but needs sorting

rest of the ideas seem pointless to me and make no real difference, perhaps the rejection of 20 maps you don't want to play but otherwise just making changes to APPEAR to care

so in summary

10.0 global rebalance please

sort maps out

stop reducing the skill level of the game

undo most changes last 18 months

sort arty

sort gold ammo and pay to win

I am happy to pay to play the game but in its current state am playing free play only, its just got that bad and what is proposed will not halt the decline of player numbers

Edited by RenamedUser_555746413, 02 January 2019 - 11:06 AM.

clixor #2 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52343 battles

My prediction for 2019 is that the gold ammo nerf is going to be cancelled, or 'delayed' unless WG really doesn't care anymore (which also is not unrealistic tbh). 

In order for the gold ammo nerf to work you have to rebalance EVERY single tank in the game. Potentially even totally remodel tanks to add weakspots. This is just a massive undertaking even if this is given priority above all other stuff. And i also can predict nobody is going to be happy about the results. And that's even beside that it's a (in)direct nerf to some premium tanks, think KV-5 or even E-25.

=shitstorm

RenamedUser_555746413 #3 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3093 battles

View Postclixor, on 02 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

My prediction for 2019 is that the gold ammo nerf is going to be cancelled, or 'delayed' unless WG really doesn't care anymore (which also is not unrealistic tbh). 

In order for the gold ammo nerf to work you have to rebalance EVERY single tank in the game. Potentially even totally remodel tanks to add weakspots. This is just a massive undertaking even if this is given priority above all other stuff. And i also can predict nobody is going to be happy about the results. And that's even beside that it's a (in)direct nerf to some premium tanks, think KV-5 or even E-25.

=shitstorm

hence my reference to 10.0 global rebalance that WG gave up on

BR33K1_PAWAH #4 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4341 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 02 January 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

WHY 2019 changes will not make any difference

Because you got bored of the game and need some new excitement.

You can try Fortnite.

Or some fresh air.

Just saying,

RenamedUser_555746413 #5 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3093 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 02 January 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

Because you got bored of the game and need some new excitement.

You can try Fortnite.

Or some fresh air.

Just saying,

fair point and I have been playing other games

really love Squad and Post Scriptum, amazing games and taking up most of my time

but WoT still a game I want to love, just 18 months of trash mean I refuse now to pay, premium used up and wont spend a cent unless I am happy that WG is going to respect their customers

eekeeboo #6 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45895 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 02 January 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

so been thinking about the proposed tweaks to the game in 2019 and really don't see where WG are going, its all cosmetic changes, nothing real and nothing that will change the complaints players been making for years

MM, the template system is the issue, more templates wont solve the fundamental problem, its a gimmick nothing more.  just ditch the template system full stop.  personally I had no issues with old MM but I cant see how the template could be any worse if you tried to kill this game.  1 simple improvement to MM is put the but 48% players in a separate MM, easy to do and make the game better all round

arty    no mention what so ever about arty, another huge issue for ever in game and only made worse with the stun mechanic..  simply remove the god view and have arty aiming at minimap or tanks within their view range and remove the appalling stun BS

tank balance, 5 tanks getting a buff but entire game needs a rebalance, get back to abandoned 10.0 patch and sort your game out

gold ammo, the damage nerf welcome but again its only really a gimmick, ammo needs a total reword and removal of pay to win,, WG said they had radical ideas for this but go with the easiest option instead of a game changing improvement

maps, for gods sake, you keep saying its easier to make new maps than rebalance old ones then bring back highway ???  every change you make is a disaster, fjords bad, erlenberg terrible, fishermans bay gets worse every change.  just undo all the changes, remove highway and make new maps  (although I gather Minsk is ALREADY under review for change??  if so that's just really poor)   and bring back UNCHANGED Stalingrad and Kharkov, good maps, balanced maps and maps that need good gameplay.

game mechanics.  ever since failed 1.0 patch I am wondering how spotting mechanics work now, genuinely don't know anymore and its the same with the streamers, over and over you hear Orzy, QB etc wondering how they cant see this tank or that tank or how they are spotted.  not sure if this an issue similar to the shot box issues but needs sorting

rest of the ideas seem pointless to me and make no real difference, perhaps the rejection of 20 maps you don't want to play but otherwise just making changes to APPEAR to care

so in summary

sort maps out

sort arty

I am happy to pay to play the game but in its current state am playing free play only, its just got that bad and what is proposed will not halt the decline of player numbers

• They're not just tanks, but also tank lines. 
  • There are more changes that were not announced and other information not shared but there's no concrete plan for those yet before they can be shared. 
  • Maps: If you look at the Supertest leaks/announcement section, you will see testing on new maps, layouts, and design concepts. 
  • Spotting mechanics have always been quite complex, though as far as I'm aware there have been no changes to the fundamentals to how they work for the tanks but the way vegetation is placed on maps. 
  • Skill level of the game is important to make it just as accessible as difficult with plans to help new players learn the game easier in the future. 

psychobear #7 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19198 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 January 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

• There are more changes that were not announced and other information not shared but there's no concrete plan for those yet before they can be shared. 
  • Maps: If you look at the Supertest leaks/announcement section, you will see testing on new maps, layouts, and design concepts. 
  • Spotting mechanics have always been quite complex, though as far as I'm aware there have been no changes to the fundamentals to how they work for the tanks but the way vegetation is placed on maps. 
  • Skill level of the game is important to make it just as accessible as difficult with plans to help new players learn the game easier in the future. 

Yes, but still nothing on arty. Nothing at all. Do you guys over there @WG actually think it's not a major problem? Really?

HaZardeur #8 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35334 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 January 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

There is for sure some weird stuff going on with some bushes since 1.0

r2pp2r #9 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33844 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 January 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Everybody and their dog knows spotting is very broken at the moment, knock down a small tree in front of you and you will never get spotted.

Homer_J #10 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHaZardeur, on 02 January 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

There is for sure some weird stuff going on with some bushes since 1.0

Some bushes seem to give a lot of camo and others none at all but that's nothing new.

If these streamers or anyone else wants to bring a replay then I'm sure the forum sleuths will figure it out.

BR33K1_PAWAH #11 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4341 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postr2pp2r, on 02 January 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Everybody and their dog knows spotting is very broken at the moment, knock down a small tree in front of you and you will never get spotted.

Most trees and bushes models are broken on server side. Wg knows this.  They gonna fix it. At some point. Probably. Maybe.

panter22 #12 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15177 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 January 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron, 03 January 2019 - 10:43 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red text use.

Erwin_Von_Braun #13 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40014 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 02 January 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

so in summary

sort maps out

sort arty

So, is there anything about the game you do like?

Frostilicus #14 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22495 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
Seems to like whining about it - like a large majority of the forum populace :)

Balc0ra #15 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68100 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 02 January 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

tank balance, 5 tanks getting a buff but entire game needs a rebalance, get back to abandoned 10.0 patch and sort your game ou

You do know those 5 they mentioned in that planned 2019 post were for starters with regards to the special ammo changes with more to come. Not for all of 2019. As we also do have the pr nation balance patches coming again like we had in late/early 2017/18. 

As for gold ammo changes. Who knows how that will affect the game. But templates are indeed why 3-5-7 is terrible. But at least they are now adding more then one for +2. As 4 different iirc is still better then just the one. If they really want the templates that is. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 January 2019 - 07:53 PM.

Noo_Noo #16 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22175 battles

Going to be interesting to see how they go about the premium ammo issue as I just see it being fraught with problems.

Tank balance is a massive issue but in my opinion the game should be balanced from tier 1 upward not tier 10 downward. Balancing tier 10's first simply widens the gaps between the tiers rather than achieving proper balance between tanks and individual tiers. 

Maps. yes some need sorting. Why so long to address this? I could also argue that the overall map design concept is flawed from a game play perspective but that's a topic on its own. 

sniper mode issue still hasn't been fixed. Why?

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 January 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Keh?? While I certainly welcome your reply how the hell is having the Type 5 heavy at tier 10, the easiest tank in the game to play (bar arty) keeping it accessible? The truth is that low tiers should be perfectly balanced and a training ground for new players to develop rather than being rushed to tier 6 where they are encouraged to push for a tier 8 premium. You then have a tank line that basically gets easier the higher up you go culminating in the Type 5 heavy. Kind of backwards thinking don't you think? New players are not cherished or protected. That is the future of your game right there and the game gives the impression that WG doesn't care about them unless they buy a tier 8 premium. 

Blubba #17 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55961 battles

Block Quote

1 simple improvement to MM is put the but 48% players in a separate MM, easy to do and make the game better all round.

Ok… and what happens to the top 52% of players when they become 48%?

Noo_Noo #18 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22175 battles

View PostBlubba, on 02 January 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Ok… and what happens to the top 52% of players when they become 48%?

Good question. I've always tried to ask this when the topic of skill based MM is brought up. The issue with skill based MM is that everyone will slowly move towards the game average WR. Yet again people fail to appreciate this when they make a suggestion. 

Chrubac #19 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37038 battles

I agree, 2019 won't bring improvements for the game, instead it's going to get worse.

Why?

Well the developers clearly, no longer, have anything to say about how the game is going to progress. The sales- and marketing departments do nowadays!

The apparent success of the loot box sales, for 4th quarter 2018, have painted them into a corner. So many, of the paying players, are stock full of gold, and premium tanks, that they don't have to buy anything anymore. This means that the coming quarters are going to see declining economical results, which will mean that WG is going to further monetize the game. To the detriment of game balance, which is what the players seek.

The only direct further monetization scheme that I can think of is to monetize the bond system. Not that they are going to break their word of not directly selling bonds for money. However, the time when you can go into the premium shop and directly buy directives and improved equipments are fast approaching. How about those "special" tanks only purchasable for bonds? Yea sure, you can probably get one or two patches exclusivity when you buy them for bonds, after that they will also add the ability to buy them for real money.

Some sort of permanent loot box system might also show up, were you have a chance to "win" bonds.

To summarize, what we as players wants (game balance) is not what WG strives for. You will be disappointed!

Annus horribilis 2019

Edited by Chrubac, 02 January 2019 - 11:21 PM.

ClassicFrog #20 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 46608 battles

View PostNoo_Noo, on 02 January 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Good question. I've always tried to ask this when the topic of skill based MM is brought up. The issue with skill based MM is that everyone will slowly move towards the game average WR. Yet again people fail to appreciate this when they make a suggestion. 

Leagues, tiers, divisions, that kind of things ... a "skill" level would be determined not by win ratio but by what rank the player is playing at. These ranks themselves could be flexible, like the MM with +2/-2 tiers, for example. So by playing at a specific rank you could see players with only so many ranks below or above you. And then the better you perform at a certain rank the better the odds of being promoted to the higher one, and vice versa.

Would it be any good for the game as a whole? I have no idea. But the system itself is quite simple and swiftly addresses the "everyone will have average WR" argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users