A Question To WG MODS + Staff About The EU Forum

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25369 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

What actual influence have mods + staff feedback from this EU forum on game development and changes? Is the various positive and negative feedback from EU customers actually absorbed by the Belorussian company or is it all a waste of time? I made a thread requesting that changing crew role should also be subjected to a discount during the crew training discounted weekend and to my pleasant surprise, for the very first time I witnessed it, indeed the crew roll change was at a discount during the very next crew training weekend. Great I thought. Only, during the most recent crew retraining discount "event" I noticed the crew role retraining was once again back at it's 500 gold and no discount so... was it just coincidence after the first time I asked and CC Ph3lan(forget to spell his name lol) or are is some sensible requests actually listened too?

Are you WG staff on forum actually listened too are you wasting your time? Does the Belorussian company actually care about EU feedback since by comparison to the Russian servers, is much smaller. That said, I'd find it hard to believe that annoyances of arty and other gripes are not also echoed on Russian forums. What annoys us must also surely annoy them so... are these forums just vents for frustrated gamers to blow off some steam or are they actually used by WG?

HundeWurst #2 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 71969 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Non.

Joggaman #3 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24655 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Mods, none. They are only here to try make us follow forum rules. 

Staff, maybe some. 

wsatnutter #4 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25670 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

eeekeeboo has just arrived so let him settle in , as for the questions op I would say coincidence , as far as im aware feed back reports are compiled and sent off

what authority they have I would not know.

m1x_angelico #5 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23701 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

What actual influence have mods + staff feedback from this EU forum on game development and changes? Is the various positive and negative feedback from EU customers actually absorbed by the Belorussian company or is it all a waste of time? I made a thread requesting that changing crew role should also be subjected to a discount during the crew training discounted weekend and to my pleasant surprise, for the very first time I witnessed it, indeed the crew roll change was at a discount during the very next crew training weekend. Great I thought. Only, during the most recent crew retraining discount "event" I noticed the crew role retraining was once again back at it's 500 gold and no discount so... was it just coincidence after the first time I asked and CC Ph3lan(forget to spell his name lol) or are is some sensible requests actually listened too?

Are you WG staff on forum actually listened too are you wasting your time? Does the Belorussian company actually care about EU feedback since by comparison to the Russian servers, is much smaller. That said, I'd find it hard to believe that annoyances of arty and other gripes are not also echoed on Russian forums. What annoys us must also surely annoy them so... are these forums just vents for frustrated gamers to blow off some steam or are they actually used by WG?

Obviously cant respond for WG, but from a perspective of a player I can tell you that certain stuff we write is ignored (reasons unknown to us, but may be connected to how they see the game and how it is supposed to perform in the market), some is listened to (and applied/fixed), while some seem listened ti do but they never seem to get it right.

Lack of transparency and limited visibility of the WG staff may sometimes seem as they are ignoring the players, hiding something or not engaging enough their player base, which is one of the reasons we have so much anger and toxicity. Still, if I had to reply with one word whether I think it's worthwhile writing on the forum, it would have to say yes.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 02 January 2019 - 05:45 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postwsatnutter, on 02 January 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

eeekeeboo has just arrived so let him settle in , as for the questions op I would say coincidence , as far as im aware feed back reports are compiled and sent off

what authority they have I would not know.

Well, back when he was on the WoWP team, he facilitated communications between the playerbase and the devs.

And did, afaik, relay things back to the devs.

jack_timber #7 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35298 battles

I have always assumed that this forum is where other players can vent, giggle and ask, personally only here for the giggles.

There are some fine suggestions that perhaps could/should be fed back to the 'management' but the most difficult part is what suggestions.

If you take the SPG sticky, up there, well there are some that are just plain demanding for this, that and the other.

How do you sort the wheat from the chaff, not the easiest of tasks.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't doubt that the community staff sends some kind of feedback, but I simply guess that as long as they write big Green numbers on their paychecks, WG simply shredders everything that doesn't have to do with payment issues or things that stopped people paying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users