Valentine super speed

fail wg

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kunczogo #1 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25759 battles
Why only has 24km/h top speed of the Valentine light tank? I dont want to jump this tank, but I am still curious about why WG leave fail things like that in the game for years. Are they really modest for their quality/work? 

Drone81 #2 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22723 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD
because that was the max speed of it's real life counterpart

https://en.wikipedia.../Valentine_tank

WindSpIitter1 #3 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 278 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Well, Wargaming balances things as seen fit. 24kph does happen to be the actual top speed of the tank, after all. Stuff like the Tiger 2's roof armor being the wrong thickness (that just-so-happens to be overmatchable by 122mm guns) , on the other hand..

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKunczogo, on 02 January 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Why only has 24km/h top speed of the Valentine light tank? I dont want to jump this tank, but I am still curious about why WG leave fail things like that in the game for years. Are they really modest for their quality/work? 

Nearly all British tanks of WW2 were designed to support infantry on foot......so, no need for speed...to their detriment. 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72817 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWindSpIitter1, on 02 January 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Well, Wargaming balances things as seen fit. 24kph does happen to be the actual top speed of the tank, after all. Stuff like the Tiger 2's roof armor being the wrong thickness (that just-so-happens to be overmatchable by 122mm guns) , on the other hand..

Well Tiger II is one of those tanks that had all its real armor values ages ago. But the removal of the MG port weak spot, cupola adjustments and even other armor value changes over the years made it less so. Even more so as those buffs and nerfs made no difference the next patch when a new tier 8 HT arrived. 

You can more or less say that about most old tanks in the game tbh that were made. Balance always comes over real historical value. The real historical value is the starting point. On some that's too much, on others it was way too little. Be that gun, armor or speed. And on the valentine, for tier 4 with the armor as top tier.. You don't need it to go 50 km/h. They did that to the AMX 40 on console. There it can get to 50 on flat ground rather fast. And it kinda breaks it when top tier. Even does close to 70 downhill. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 January 2019 - 11:31 PM.

The_Naa #6 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8302 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
Why tanks should go over 24km/H? You cant run that fast (atleast for any length of time) you just need to calmly gallop along side it like BravelyRanAway does. Tanks that go faster than 20km/h are just beyond me.
22:43 Added after 3 minutes
And besides the tea would spill all over the place. 

Edited by The_Naa, 02 January 2019 - 11:42 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9062 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Because infantry support tanks have no business outrunning the infantry they're supposed to support.

That's better left to the cruiser tanks.

At least Japan had the decency to demand that the tanks they use for infantry support are able to keep up with motorised infantry instead (40km/h road speed).

With the Type 97 Chi-Ha as an example of that.

Does mean it had like half the armour of the Valentine or Matilda though.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostThe_Naa, on 02 January 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

Why tanks should go over 24km/H? You cant run that fast (atleast for any length of time) you just need to calmly gallop along side it like BravelyRanAway does. Tanks that go faster than 20km/h are just beyond me.
22:43 Added after 3 minutes
And besides the tea would spill all over the place. 

Here! Here!......going over 20km also made my coconuts redundant.

Kunczogo #9 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25759 battles

View PostDrone81, on 02 January 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

because that was the max speed of it's real life counterpart

https://en.wikipedia.../Valentine_tank

Yes I know, but seems broken, and frustrating, i am not able to take spotting circle or reach passive scout areas. I like to enyjoy all tanks in game ( at least try ). I think a light tank best weapon its speed (or view range), now this tank has no armor, but a "medicore" gun. By the way, at least in that case WG remained at historical accuracy :D 

Lycopersicon #10 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10814 battles

View PostKunczogo, on 03 January 2019 - 01:24 AM, said:

Yes I know, but seems broken, and frustrating, i am not able to take spotting circle or reach passive scout areas. I like to enyjoy all tanks in game ( at least try ). I think a light tank best weapon its speed (or view range), now this tank has no armor, but a "medicore" gun. By the way, at least in that case WG remained at historical accuracy :D 

Well, in this case, just forget that the tank's class is officially "light". You are heavy tank when top tier and tank destroyer when not. However, Val does have superb camouflage numbers like a real light tank, and is really agile unlike real heavies, but you just won't get any speed out of it.

AFAIK the only map where it can successfully do massive amounts of spotting is Malinovka from the NW spawn. You may be able to slip into the mid-field row of bushes where you can light up all their campers with binoculars. Even this plan comes with caveats: 1) don't do this when top tier, you are too valuable as the spearhead; 2) if you get spotted you have nowhere to hide and will die on the spot, and 3) when successful, you will almost certainly lose the game with Patrol Duty medal for consolation because all your team will kemp base to shoot enemy useless campers and the rest of their team will take control of the map and eventually appear behind you.

Also tagged with fail wg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users