Have You Used Your 100% Discounts Yet?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

WaffleTiger #61 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 41772 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
Is there an expirationdate on the use of these?

BravelyRanAway #62 Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23158 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostWaffleTiger, on 05 January 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Apply the discount to your chosen tanks by the 14 of January, then they stay discounted....forever...or at least until you buy them.

P4P5 #63 Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7714 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 05 January 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

Apply the discount to your chosen tanks by the 14 of January, then they stay discounted....forever...or at least until you buy them.

Thanks. Just wanted to ask the same question.

Gremlin182 #64 Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 50653 battles

I just messed up with my bonus.

Been at top level for some time and I have all the camo except the Lobster one.

Im still deciding which lvl 10 tank to use the discount on.

Anyway today I decided to put all one type of decoration on tree sculpture kitchen and yard.

The mess up came when I removed and destroyed 2 lvl 5s and replaced them with a lvl 3 and 4

Thats put me down to lvl 9 so I can no longer apply the bonus and its reduced my game bonuses from the completed albums down from 50% to 45%

All todays missions are completed so now have to wait till tomorrow and see if I can fix the mess up caused by my carelessness.

_The_Dane_ #65 Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1198 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 05 January 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

I just messed up with my bonus.

Been at top level for some time and I have all the camo except the Lobster one.

Im still deciding which lvl 10 tank to use the discount on.

Anyway today I decided to put all one type of decoration on tree sculpture kitchen and yard.

The mess up came when I removed and destroyed 2 lvl 5s and replaced them with a lvl 3 and 4

Thats put me down to lvl 9 so I can no longer apply the bonus and its reduced my game bonuses from the completed albums down from 50% to 45%

All todays missions are completed so now have to wait till tomorrow and see if I can fix the mess up caused by my carelessness.

Fail to see the relevance to this thread? Why hi-jack a thread to tell the world some rather useless info

Admiral_Bleiente #66 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5257 battles

View PostWaffleTiger, on 05 January 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

AFAIK not. Still got 2 on tanks I chose last X-Mas. 

SHADOW_POWER #67 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 32667 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 January 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

No, this is in the hope the vehicles come before the interface to choose the discount disappears, which based on last year (so far) was mid-March. I am waiting to find out when it will expire this year :P 

please share with us the last date we can apply the discount on the tanks when you find out , i hope i can apply them on the new french line 

KronQ #68 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11979 battles
  • [X-21] X-21

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 January 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

"Let's make it easy for new players to see what the best/strong/better tanks are at each tier if they're not sure". Not everything is about seal clubbing, but about helping out players who perhaps don't know better vs those who do know better only play strong tanks, but it's OK for them because they enjoy it, everyone else who does it is evil and are seal clubbers.... I hope you understand there's a difference. 

There's is no difference for the vast majority of players, especially new ones, that just want to progress through a desired line and get owned over and over by sealclubbers in OP tanks that you refuse to do anything about. You don't help anyone, you just point at a tank "look, this one is OP, go play it!" instead of, what is long overdue, balancing them. There are dozens of tools having thousands of battles in the completely broken T67 that have probably driven away more players than any Defender sale. But what else could I expect from a WG EU employee other than a healthy dose of blissfull ignorance. In the end I'm not the one shooting myself in the foot with a bazooka.

Gremlin182 #69 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

General

• Player
  • 50653 battles

View Post_The_Dane_, on 05 January 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

Fail to see the relevance to this thread? Why hi-jack a thread to tell the world some rather useless info

Hijack is a bit strong but ok I apologise for the hijack.

I suppose I posted partly because I was feeling sorry for myself but also to make clear that if someone sells any of the decorations they have on the tree and so on it will reduce their bonus level. and access to any discounts as yet unused.

Sirebellus #70 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20298 battles

View Post_The_Dane_, on 05 January 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

although it is not about the 100% t2 to t5 bonus, it does tell me something I didn't realise in that you have to keep level 10 atmosphere to claim the level 10 rewards... I knew the bonus multiplier would decrease, but I thought once you had achieved level 10 the rewards would be yours to keep...

So it is a useful post

faceveil #71 Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12217 battles

how do I receive the `discounted ` vehicles, re- Christmas games?

Zmago5000 #72 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3040 battles

I can confirm that bonus to tier 10 is still there if you downgrade festive lvl.... just activated -30% on t10 although I am only lvl. 9

The bonus though in games is 45%!

tanksven307 #73 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24862 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

but newer players aint gonna get the discounts cuz they need to play well to get the higher christmas tiers

StronkiTonki #74 Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32207 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 January 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

"Let's make it easy for new players to see what the best/strong/better tanks are at each tier if they're not sure". Not everything is about seal clubbing, but about helping out players who perhaps don't know better vs those who do know better only play strong tanks, but it's OK for them because they enjoy it, everyone else who does it is evil and are seal clubbers.... I hope you understand there's a difference. 

The issue is the fact that there are best/strong/better tanks in the game.

It just shows that the tech trees are not balanced. That's the problem.

eekeeboo #75 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45835 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 09 January 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

The issue is the fact that there are best/strong/better tanks in the game.

It just shows that the tech trees are not balanced. That's the problem.

You're always going to get better things in every game. The problem was people complaining that encouraging seal clubbing for suggesting useful and good performing tanks when seal clubbers will already own the vehicles and new players will appreciate knowing where best to use their discounts. 

StronkiTonki #76 Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32207 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

You're always going to get better things in every game. The problem was people complaining that encouraging seal clubbing for suggesting useful and good performing tanks when seal clubbers will already own the vehicles and new players will appreciate knowing where best to use their discounts. 

I understand the incentive to help new players. And I am absolutely for helping new players.

However, letting the newer players play "better" tanks only helps the new players who have read that post. It doesn't solve the problem. Where all future new players will still end up getting sealclubbed because they have not read a post from a few months ago.

In my opinion, the problem is not that you are encouraging people to play better tanks, the problem is that there are tanks that are better than others. The solution is making them balanced, not making sure that more people play only the best performing ones... Simply said: You are giving the wrong solution.

I also think that the argument of "Games will always be unbalanced, so it's fine" is a very bad and childish argument. (They are doing it too, so it's fine!)

I know it's impossible to 100% perfectly balance the game, since there are too many dynamic parameters to take into account. But it's obvious that these tanks are performing much better than others. So WG has an easy option to take the initiative and try to rebalance the game so that all future players will not have to find some list of "good, competetive and fun tanks to play".

eekeeboo #77 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

• WG Staff
  • 45835 battles

That's why the post was an announcement made to help players in their decision on which tanks to unlock if they had no idea where to start. Anyone in a position to seal club already has the tank unlocked and has the knowledge to do said clubbing. 

The tanks are "better" or competitive doesn't mean they're OP, it means that they can be easier to play and have a low skill floor or just generally fun because of their play style. That's why the words I chose, were done so very carefully. It doesn't mean other tank options are bad or not worth bothering with, like T67 vs M4, one is much easier to play the other is harder to master. 

As for childish argument. The simple fact that instead of suggesting good tanks, suggest bad tanks, that's not fair or exactly in good faith, next, you will have to think why bother suggesting anything at all because you'll upset someone. And it's not about "it's fine", it's a simple fact and it's realistic that a game has imbalance by nature in PVP. The whole point is that these don't perform "much better" than others, but they're easier to play or help a player learn new tactics or are generally enjoyable tanks to play. 

I'm not sure when exactly it became a crime to celebrate nice to play tanks in a game, but it's something I'd like to change in that if there's a good tank to play and it's enjoyable, why is it a bad thing to have something fun? 

StronkiTonki #78 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32207 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Like I said, the announcement will not be helpful for a long time. Unless you are planning to post an announcement like this every week, since there are new players starting the game every week. Which means that new players will still have "no idea where to start."

I am simply suggesting better solutions here.

For example, a better and more in depth tutorial that will actually properly inform people on where to start? I believe plenty of community contributors have been asking for a more in depth tutorial for a long time now.

Specifically QuickyBaby has been talking a lot about improving the "new player experience" lately. And this definitely falls into that category.

I will definitely agree with you that a good and fun tank is not necessarily OP.

It's hard to say when a tank is OP or not though, since it's probably a very subjective thing. Everyone may have a different limit to when a tank is "OP".

I'd say that most tanks on the list in the announcement are not OP at all, and are pretty much all fun to play.

But there are, in my opinion, some tanks that get into the grey area. Tanks like the Hetzer and Luchs, for example.

And then there are tanks like the Matilda and T67, that are, iny my opinion, without a doubt overpowered.

But that's only my opinion, from a single player in the community. (Well, and also a few community contributors who keep telling that these, and plenty of other tanks are OP).

In the end, I just hope to see the game get friendlier to all current new players and all future new players.

There are plenty of cases where tanks are bad and should not be bothered to play with. Especially on tier 10 and other high tiers. (Please keep in mind that I am not saying that every tank on the list below is underpowered or overpowered. But in plenty cases, they are.)

Why bother playing the Obj 140, T-62A and 121, when you can just play the Obj 430U?

Why bother playing the E-100 when you can play the 60TP?

Why play the IS-4 when you can play the Obj 277?

Why bother playing the T110E5 when you can play the Super Conqueror?

Why bother playing the Leopard 1 at all? Thankfully there is finally a planned buff.

Why bother playing any high tier light tanks? Since they are literally just inferior medium tanks. They literally trade in all useful stats to have some camo on the move and be a tiny bit quicker.

And it's the same thing with plenty of other tanks across all the tiers.

Why bother playing the M103, when you can play the Conqueror?

Why bother playing the M46 Patton, when you can play the Centurion 7/1?

Why bother playing the IS-3, when you can play the Defender or IS-3A?

Why bother playing the Tiger II at all?

Why bother playing a Type 95 if you can play a B1? Or even a Panzer B2?

Why bother playing the T-34-85 if you can play the T-34-85M?

Why bother playing the E8 Sherman if you can play the Thunderbolt?

Why bother playing the TVP VTU at all?

Why bother playing the Centurion I if you can play the Centurion 5/1?

Why play pretty much any premium tank or TD on tier 8 if you can just play the Skorpion G or SU-130?

Why play the 40TP at all?

And the list goes on and on. I could make it much longer if I really tried.

Now I will repeat myself and say that I am not claiming all of the above tanks to be underpowered or overpowered. I personally just think a lot of tanks are not to be bothered because of the alternative choices that are just overall better.

Now I'm all about suggesting tanks to new players as well. Every player needs to find their own playstyle, and I have recommended plenty of fun tanks to friends who started playing this game, to hopefully help him find the tanks that they find most enjoyable. And it's definitely not a crime to celebrate the most fun tanks out there. But sooner or later, people will only bother to play just a few tanks, since those are the only ones that they enjoy. Which kind of makes all other tanks useless for them. And yes, this is already happening a lot.

I love this game and I want it to be as good as it can ever be. And lately, it's just not doing good. And that makes me worried. And as a worried fan of this game, I can only just share my opinions and thoughts. And I just hope that you all will do the right thing to make this game better again.

eekeeboo #79 Posted Yesterday, 02:50 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45835 battles
Spoiler

Why make an announcement like this every month? The aim of the announcement was to help people use their festive reward discounts that are time sensitive. I hope you understand that the reason for not having this more.... how many times do you see festive rewards? 

Instead of trying to further force a point when it's not related or valid, please pay attention to the whole point of the article, not try and skew it to suit your own agenda. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users