Jump to content


Wargaming: Bring Back The Old World of Tanks Petition


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Fanste94 #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4083 battles
  • 402
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
https://www.change.o...=share_petition

The_Naa #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8302 battles
  • 1,381
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017
100 players? Its less than 1% of the player base... Buff it up to 1 000 000 and we can take something from it. 

jack_timber #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:55 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40279 battles
  • 3,243
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Didn't sign, or even sing, rather like the new WoT.

But signed up to save the Hedgehog....



malachi6 #4 Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 4,256
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

Which old world of tanks?  The one with +3 tier MM.  The one where it was possible to get 15 arty in a game.  The one where the spotting checks were once a second?  The one where it was quite possible to be the only tier 8 in  a tier 10 match up on both teams?

 

I know people think the grass is greener on the other side.  You have failed to look back and see how bad some "features" were.  instead of rolling the game back.  Can we not keep pressuring WG to make the game better, rather than settle for old issues?



Slyspy #5 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14699 battles
  • 17,436
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View Postmalachi6, on 03 January 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Which old world of tanks?  The one with +3 tier MM.  The one where it was possible to get 15 arty in a game.  The one where the spotting checks were once a second?  The one where it was quite possible to be the only tier 8 in  a tier 10 match up on both teams?

 

 

 

I'd go for that last one because it was that very unusual situation which caused WG to introduce the awful template system.



Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 69352 battles
  • 7,506
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

And what old wot are you talking about ?

9.x

8.x

7.x

 

???



unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19808 battles
  • 3,526
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Is this YOUR petition? Did YOU start it? 

 

 



Jigabachi #8 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Hey! Another pointless and beyond stupid gaming petition that barely consists of one sentence that doesn't explain anything.
I'd love to see what's going on in the heads of the people who start nonsense like that...

UrQuan #9 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,177
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 03 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Hey! Another pointless and beyond stupid gaming petition that barely consists of one sentence that doesn't explain anything.
I'd love to see what's going on in the heads of the people who start nonsense like that...

 

In OP's case it is simple: rose tinted glasses.

 

Old Wot had some nice features, but they were balanced out by things we didn't know better back then & if reintroduced today would indeed cause one massive complaint-storm (hi scout MM, hi mass artillery game, hi high view campy TD's)



Balc0ra #10 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72817 battles
  • 20,698
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Considering you don't even say what you define as old, or what old is good. Or what you want to go back to in details. As your idea of going back to the old WOT, might differ from my idea. So why should I sign when I have no idea what your idea is? 

LordMuffin #11 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostUrQuan, on 03 January 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

In OP's case it is simple: rose tinted glasses.

 

Old Wot had some nice features, but they were balanced out by things we didn't know better back then & if reintroduced today would indeed cause one massive complaint-storm (hi scout MM, hi mass artillery game, hi high view campy TD's)

Depends on how far back you go.

 

I would certainly favour the game at the launch of Swedish tech tree over current one.

MM was better.

Tanks were better balanced.

Premium ammo wasn't a neccessity.

Type 5 didn't have derp gun.

Bobject didn't exist. 

Tanks in general had weakspots.

Arty was just as bad as it is now, but in a different way.



Joggaman #12 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25230 battles
  • 6,923
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
I want my pre 8.6 SU-26 back!!!

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 69352 battles
  • 7,506
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
5916 and VK28.01 back \o/

UrQuan #14 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,177
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostLordMuffin, on 03 January 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Depends on how far back you go.

 

I would certainly favour the game at the launch of Swedish tech tree over current one.

MM was better.

Tanks were better balanced.

Premium ammo wasn't a neccessity.

Type 5 didn't have derp gun.

Bobject didn't exist. 

Tanks in general had weakspots.

Arty was just as bad as it is now, but in a different way.

 

Know what you mean, there was a period (around 2016) where the game balance felt okay for a good while. Sure there were still annoyances, but there weren't any overly broken tanks around or the crappy MM that makes balancing hard.

Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 69352 battles
  • 7,506
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostUrQuan, on 03 January 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

 

Know what you mean, there was a period (around 2016) where the game balance felt okay for a good while. Sure there were still annoyances, but there weren't any overly broken tanks around or the crappy MM that makes balancing hard.

 

It all went downhill when they gave a Russian Youtube critic (Murozar) a job at WG and even an important one.

Fanste94 #16 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4083 battles
  • 402
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
For those who asked which version, anything before 1.0

eekeeboo #17 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47025 battles
  • 2,486
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostFanste94, on 03 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

For those who asked which version, anything before 1.0

 

I'm curious how you can suggest this if you haven't played in the days when there were no physics. There are people in the forums who have been playing the game as it has evolved extensively since the beta. Though you're welcome to express your opinions and give feedback, to get a better response when you compare this with your other threads, you will need to take into account there's more to the game than what you have seen thus far. 

 

You say bring back anything before 1.0. That to me sounds like you don't like the performance increase, graphics increase etc, you need to be specific with what you don't like for threads like these or they will be derailed quickly and end up where they are right now. 



Cobra6 #18 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • 17,448
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

The only thing I'd like rolled back are the "Wet Soapstone" physics introduced in 1.0 where light (weight) vehicles spaz out completely  when touching rocks with even one track, where they can be pushed around by anyone and where all tanks behave like rocky surfaces are liberally greased with vasiline so you frequently slide off rocks and/or fall to your death.

 

Completely kills gameplay for no adequate reason. If it was done to combat mountain goating just put strategic rocks and invisible walls where needed, no need to screw over the entire physics system for that.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 03 January 2019 - 02:04 PM.


UrQuan #19 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,177
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostCobra6, on 03 January 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

The only thing I'd like rolled back are the "Wet Soapstone" physics introduced in 1.0 where light (weight) vehicles spaz out completely  when touching rocks with even one track, where they can be pushed around by anyone and where all tanks behave like rocky surfaces are liberally greased with vasiline so you frequently slide off rocks and/or fall to your death.

 

Completely kills gameplay for no adequate reason. If it was done to combat mountain goating just put strategic rocks and invisible walls where needed, no need to screw over the entire physics system for that.

 

Cobra 6

 

The soapstone physics don't only hurt light tanks tho. Very heavy tanks spaz out on rocks as well. Can't touch some rocks on quite some maps, else gravity gets a will of its own & my Maus/KV-4/VK45B slips up the rockside, flipping it (albeit the KV-4 can magically upright itself somehow... ). Very careful maneuvering & lots of 'pleaspleasplease' mumbling helps in avoiding this fate when a rock has magnetized on your superheavy.


Edited by UrQuan, 03 January 2019 - 03:37 PM.


Cobra6 #20 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • 17,448
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostUrQuan, on 03 January 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

 

The soapstone physics don't only hurt light tanks tho. Very heavy tanks spaz out on rocks as well. Can't touch some rocks on quite some maps, else gravity gets a will of its own & my Maus/KV-4/VK45B slips up the rockside, flipping it (albeit the KV-4 can magically upright itself somehow... ). Very careful maneuvering & lots of 'pleaspleasplease' mumbling helps in avoiding this fate when a rock has magnetized on your superheavy.

 

Yeah I think that is the only way to flip a heavy vehicle unless you drop it off the side of a cliff XD

 

It's certainly not exclusive to light tanks but due to their low weight they are easier to spaz-flip/climb.

 

Cobra 6






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users