Aiming RNG needs to be decreased

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

DorsVenabiIi #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26473 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

It's so bad you that you can miss shots on weakspots in close range with supposedly accurate guns, this is unacceptable in my opinion. When you have nerfed accuracy to the point where you can't hit weakspots in close range you've gone too far. Premium consumable does remedy it to a certain extent but still not enough. 

I'd say make a minor tweak where the shells possible points of dispersion is more gathered towards the middle, this would help a lot I think and the effect would be subtle but noticeable.  

Gixxer66 #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

It's so bad you that you can miss shots on weakspots in close range with supposedly accurate guns, this is unacceptable in my opinion. When you have nerfed accuracy to the point where you can't hit weakspots in close range you've gone too far. Premium consumable does remedy it to a certain extent but still not enough.

There are still tanks with weak spots ?

None of the above applies to Russian guns with a caliber off 120mm or more, drive round a corner, rotate turret 90 degrees, snapshot the smallest weak spot drive back rinse and repeat.

Malakhi75 #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25835 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

I'd say make a minor tweak where the shells possible points of dispersion is more gathered towards the middle, this would help a lot I think and the effect would be subtle but noticeable.  

They already did that some time back....dispersion parabola was widened apparently.  I still find it amazing that my STRV 103-0 can completely miss the side of a stationary T-62a from ~350 yards not once, but 4 times......RNGeesus wasn't looking down on me that day.

The_Salty_Kipper #4 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3052 battles

I agree, the dispersion area should be 'cone' shaped with an ever (to max dispersion) circle going outwards from the tank, so that long range shots have a greater chance of missing. 

I am equally as frustrated when I take the time to carefully aim a 'tracking' shot only to miss (at close ranges up to 100m) and the enemy (mainly Russian) just turns his turret and boom.. tracked or ammo racked..  

get a grip WG !  :izmena:

Evilier_than_Skeletor #5 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20589 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
Are you sure it's less RNG you're after and not greater dispersion difference between accurate and inaccurate guns?

Malakhi75 #6 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25835 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 03 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Are you sure it's less RNG you're after and not greater dispersion difference between accurate and inaccurate guns?

For me it'd be a lowering of the dispersion mechanic across the board, which would mean more accurate guns for all trees.  After all, the low accuracy guns i.e. Russian, seem to hit at full speed, mid-air from 500 yards anyway.

NekoPuffer_PPP #7 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34114 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I agree.

...I could argue that real gunners don't aim with a mouse and don't have instant reflexes, but that is entirely irrelevant because this is an arcade "meant-to-be-fun" tank game at its core.

"Meant" :trollface:

Soup_Potato #8 Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 03 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

"Meant" :trollface:

Cba to link the video, but:

''If the game is not fun, why bother''

-Reggie from Nintendo

So why still actively play if it's not fun? 

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34114 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostSoup_Potato, on 03 January 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Cba to link the video, but:

''If the game is not fun, why bother''

-Reggie from Nintendo

So why still actively play if it's not fun? 

I've played it actively for too long. So long in fact, I don't play it anymore...it plays me. :confused: If I miss an event, I feel like I'm missing out...but on what?...for what cause, what future, what purpose?

Jesus, man, there's some things you just shouldn't ask, now I'm feeling troubled. :ohmy:

Ggorc #10 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7158 battles
It's called RNG...doubt.

MeetriX #11 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23827 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostThe_Salty_Kipper, on 03 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

I agree, the dispersion area should be 'cone' shaped with an ever (to max dispersion) circle going outwards from the tank, so that long range shots have a greater chance of missing. 

I am equally as frustrated when I take the time to carefully aim a 'tracking' shot only to miss (at close ranges up to 100m) and the enemy (mainly Russian) just turns his turret and boom.. tracked or ammo racked..  

get a grip WG !  :izmena:

It is a cone.

Homer_J #12 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

You do know they tried that?  That was the last version of the dispersion.  The one which turned derp guns into snipers.

View PostThe_Salty_Kipper, on 03 January 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

I agree, the dispersion area should be 'cone' shaped with an ever (to max dispersion) circle going outwards from the tank, 

It is.

The dispersion (accuracy) is quoted at 100m.

At 0m it will be 0

At 200m it will be twice whatever the quoted figure is.

If you could get to infinity then it would be infinity, you can't all shells have a fixed max range after which they disappear.

Helps to understand the game mechanics before suggesting changes.

m1x_angelico #13 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24731 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Personally, RNG is not an issue for me. Most of the times when I aim for weak spots (unless they are angled, where there is a chance for ding), I penetrates. To be honest, I've been playing tier 10 a lot a last few months. I recon penning a tank one or two tiers higher than yourself can be an issue, and that is where perhaps RNG means a lot.

I did notice one unusual thing (dont know if others have this as well). When I'm in the snipe mode, if I shoot and then immediately get out of snipe mode and move, there is a greater chance for ding. If I keep in the snipe mode a second longer, it pens (or hits where it is supposed to more often).

laulaur #14 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47494 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

Accuracy has become a joke in this game.

Sometimes you hit more when you snapshot things with a aiming circle as big as your screen, and when you carefully aim a weakspot and wait to have full accuracy - you miss...

But at least everyone has same RNG, i think... :sceptic:

ChestyMorgan #15 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9664 battles

Weakspot. How about even hitting the bloody target at times! !!

Battle earlier this evening. Strv 74 which is supposed to have good handling. Enemy tank close enough so that it filled most of my aiming circle. Maybe 2mm top & bottom. Neither of us moving. Three shots fired. All missed. Has been the pattern tonight. Aimed shot after aimed shot missing. Wasn't like this the last two nights I played & a much higher percentage of aimed shots missed. Once had a battle in a KV1 where 21 shots, the majority of which were aimed all missed. Just seems impossible as the crew is fully trained.

Definite feeling that my game is being knobbled server side. Irritating. Let me win or lose based on my skill level & not your interference. Stick RNG on top of MM & pretty much always being the bottom tier out of the spread of three & the nightmare that WG have turned arty into arty & you have no chance of getting any cash out of me. 

Would love to be paying you for playing the game but I object to the feeling that I am having my intelligence insulted.

DaYama #16 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32620 battles
The "in use" diapersion formula was a design choice to force brawling and counter sniping and aimbots. The problem with it is that it makes many accurate guns miss when you hit a row of low rng numbers. Tbh, the formula needs another parameter - a +0.xxx number to make accurate guns dispersion less of a problem when the server picks a low number from rng pool, because as it is right now it makes many paper medium tanks kinda pointless.

Slyspy #17 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
WHy would you care OP, given that you are quitting the game?

Pattonizer #18 Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8766 battles
Quit playing Wot, start playing War Thunder. Problem solved.

The_Salty_Kipper #19 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3052 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

It is.

The dispersion (accuracy) is quoted at 100m.

At 0m it will be 0

At 200m it will be twice whatever the quoted figure is.

If you could get to infinity then it would be infinity, you can't all shells have a fixed max range after which they disappear.

Helps to understand the game mechanics before suggesting changes.

ah, what I meant is a fixed cone shape so that if the tank is less than 100m then the aiming circle should be completely WITHIN the enemy tank outline,(like 50% smaller) so there is no chance of a miss. (shells hitting the ground from 50m away.. yeah) it wouldn't mean that your shot would always be 100% accurate though. There should be some RNG involved. 

The main problem is that although the RNG is the same for everyone, it isn't consistent, so at times you can effectively snipe a cupola at 150m and others you can't hit it from 25m. It is this that causes most players the frustration, especially when you place yourself in a good situation, or outwit the enemy tank only to have your shot completely miss. 

Yesterday I had some over enthusiastic KV-5 just charge me  (in my Caern) and I tried to hit the side of his turret and it missed twice from very close range, he just derped with HE, needless to say if I had hit and penned I would have won the encounter, but thanks to dumb RNG, dumbness outplayed smart.. 

I get that every dog has his day, but it becomes tediously frustrating over a longer period... 

Slyspy #20 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe_Salty_Kipper, on 04 January 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

The main problem is that although the RNG is the same for everyone, it isn't consistent, so at times you can effectively snipe a cupola at 150m and others you can't hit it from 25m.

Such insight! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users