Actually in the progress of quitting this game :)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DorsVenabiIi #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26183 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

Been playing this horrid game less and less and have been playing overwatch more and more, really enjoy their competitive mode despite sucking, but I'll become good at it eventually as I did in wot. And the only reason I've played wot at all in recent days is because I got banned for a few days for toxicity in OW, I guess their system actually works :teethhappy:, gotta get used to that. 

So what are the deciding factors for this? It's two main things, which really was caused by 1.0.

• Horrible maps
  • Camping/standstill meta

The maps have become so bad recently, especially after 1.0 where they tried to "fix" several maps and instead only made them worse, in true WG fashion. And then on top of this they add maps such as Empires border, Minsk, Studzianki. This has made the map rotation unbearable, the decent maps that got worsened, Implementation of the new garbage maps, and on top of that maps like Ensk and Mines, it's just frustration after frustration, and all to often you just feel like exiting to garage before battle has even begun. 

The camping in this game has never ever been worse in my whole time of playing this game. The reason for this is the ridiculous overabundance of bushes that came with 1.0, and it also doesn't help that some bushes are just completely broken, almost giving you an invisibility cloak. Also the general flattening of traversable/drivable terrain that came with 1.0 makes these camping spots further more efficient since they have a more clear line of sight. And on top of all this they keep adding more broken positions to camp from, like the recent one in the north west spawn of sand river. I have never before come across a game in which the devs actively encourage and enable camping, it's just pathetic. All these things have of course made TD:s extremely popular, and making them the most played class of tanks, because the gameplay is easy and the doesn't require much skill. This has made the gameplay miserable. 

The camping meta also leads to standstills, where nothing happens for minutes on minutes or sometimes even until a draw, this makes the gameplay extremely boring. How does the camping meta cause this? Well the overabundance of TD:s combined with the overabundance of bushes and the fact that some bushes are invisibility cloaks means whichever team that tries to make a play/push is the one who is getting heavily punished because they get decimated by invisible TD:s. Also the fact that most tanks are TD:s leads to nobody pushing because they are tank destroyers and not meant to push. This leads to excruciating standstills, to the point where you feel like exiting to the garage. 

And this is why I am in the process of permanently leaving this game, and why I suspect the games playerbase is tanking in general. :)

Joggaman #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Ok

mtnm #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3324 battles
It would be nice to destroy bushes with HE.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21294 battles

Well the first step in quitting is making a post on forums.

And steps 2-211124 are exactly the same step as the first step.

Keyanu #5 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10468 battles
Gotta put the count at 26129

Hedgehog1963 #6 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51850 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

tl;dr

I don't care if you do leave.

ProfessionalGoldSpammer #7 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33518 battles
  • [X-TRA] X-TRA
So long...don´t forget to write us...

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21294 battles

Maybe WG could add EU3 which has the following features:

- only one map: "Ikea parking" with 1000m x 1000m flat asphalt. NO BUSHES!

- only tank available is Obj140.

Perfectly balanced.

The_Salty_Kipper #9 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1415 battles

Lol the trolls are out early today.. 

I get you, this used to be the problem back in the hay day of TDs before they nerfed the 'when shooting' cammo values to make them spottable. and removed some of the foliage around the bases. I also agree that the balance has swung drastically, you see more HTs and TDs per battle nowadays, the era of MTs has diminished, long live the MT..

Also the concentrating of three lanes in the newer maps reducing the chance for MTs to 'roam' has quickened this. 

Selling Premium TDs such as the SU-103PM also hasn't helped.. As with the ever increasing number of Russian OP HTs mostly beginning with Obj... XXX

Good luck to you in OW , stop spamming or being a pest and you will be fine.. 

:B

seXikanac #10 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12340 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Been playing this horrid game less and less and have been playing overwatch more and more, really enjoy their competitive mode despite sucking, but I'll become good at it eventually as I did in wot. And the only reason I've played wot at all in recent days is because I got banned for a few days for toxicity in OW, I guess their system actually works :teethhappy:, gotta get used to that. 

So what are the deciding factors for this? It's two main things, which really was caused by 1.0.

• Horrible maps

The maps have become so bad recently, especially after 1.0 where they tried to "fix" several maps and instead only made them worse, in true WG fashion. And then on top of this they add maps such as Empires border, Minsk, Studzianki. This has made the map rotation unbearable, the decent maps that got worsened, Implementation of the new garbage maps, and on top of that maps like Ensk and Mines, it's just frustration after frustration, and all to often you just feel like exiting to garage before battle has even begun. 

The camping in this game has never ever been worse in my whole time of playing this game. The reason for this is the ridiculous overabundance of bushes that came with 1.0, and it also doesn't help that some bushes are just completely broken, almost giving you an invisibility cloak. Also the general flattening of traversable/drivable terrain that came with 1.0 makes these camping spots further more efficient since they have a more clear line of sight. And on top of all this they keep adding more broken positions to camp from, like the recent one in the north west spawn of sand river. I have never before come across a game in which the devs actively encourage and enable camping, it's just pathetic. All these things have of course made TD:s extremely popular, and making them the most played class of tanks, because the gameplay is easy and the doesn't require much skill. This has made the gameplay miserable. 

The camping meta also leads to standstills, where nothing happens for minutes on minutes or sometimes even until a draw, this makes the gameplay extremely boring. How does the camping meta cause this? Well the overabundance of TD:s combined with the overabundance of bushes and the fact that some bushes are invisibility cloaks means whichever team that tries to make a play/push is the one who is getting heavily punished because they get decimated by invisible TD:s. Also the fact that most tanks are TD:s leads to nobody pushing because they are tank destroyers and not meant to push. This leads to excruciating standstills, to the point where you feel like exiting to the garage. 

And this is why I am in the process of permanently leaving this game, and why I suspect the games playerbase is tanking in general. :)

Even that I agree with some of your points, I'm really curious why did you had urge to share with us information that you are leaving WoT? Will we benefit somehow by know that you are gone? Is that information important for gameplay?

OIias_of_Sunhillow #11 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25243 battles

Wonderful, gets banned on another game so comes and tells us all why this game is so bad.

Which of the four are you, pestilence ?

jabster #12 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12614 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 03 January 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Wonderful, gets banned on another game so comes and tells us all why this game is so bad.

Which of the four are you, pestilence ?

Sounds more like hemorrhides be honest.

WoT_RU_Doing #13 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50227 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

• Horrible maps

If you're fed up and don't want to play anymore, fine, goodbye and Happy New Year.

However, rather than wasting time posting here, uninstall as quickly as possible, and be sure to fill in the survey that gets offered when you do so. Someone in WG that's paid to pretend to care about your reasons for quitting is more likely to read that than to read this thread.

hoveruss #14 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18657 battles
  • [T_I_A] T_I_A

You make some good points. Ignore the smart arses, its likley that posts like this are the only way to communicate your advice/feedback/reasons to no longer play with WG.

Good luck with OW.

Somnorila #15 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 56601 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

View PostTankkiPoju, on 03 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Maybe WG could add EU3 which has the following features:

- only one map: "Ikea parking" with 1000m x 1000m flat asphalt. NO BUSHES!

- only tank available is Obj140.

Perfectly balanced.

You joke but i think that EU3 would fast be overcrowded.

Lycopersicon #16 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10692 battles
In progress, oh yes. I have been quitting for about three years now, with little success.

The_Wallet_Warrior #17 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
21269 - RIP. 

Yaccay #18 Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33935 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

I got banned for a few days for toxicity in OW,

No, we do not want toxic players here at all.

mtnm #19 Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3324 battles

View PostThe_Wallet_Warrior, on 03 January 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

21269 - RIP. 

omg he played 5000 games already !?

Edited by mtnm, 03 January 2019 - 05:26 PM.

250swb #20 Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 03 January 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

And the only reason I've played wot at all in recent days is because I got banned for a few days for toxicity in OW, I guess their system actually works :teethhappy:, gotta get used to that. 

Should we therefore assume you have had 26,000 games in WoT to indoctrinate with the same toxicity impressionable players who have gone on to think it's 'normal'? You pontificate about what WG have done wrong (and in truth the have), but perhaps you (and similarly minded players) are what's wrong with the rest of the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users