ensarrr925 #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46753 battles

1- watch this video

2- look this pic

Untitled 1.jpg

Region X:

the biggest problem of this map is the asymmetric regions. The X region very advantageous for the second team as in my video. not giving you the opportunity to play at D8.

Region Y:

The Y region again asymmetric and good area for to defense cap.

Region Z:

there are 3 window again good area for to defense cap.

I want to balance for this map

Edited by ensarrr925, 03 January 2019 - 06:36 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73460 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

South needs those windows and buildings to reset without doing bad trades. As North has an open sight to cap from the bush lanes on the 0 and A line even to spot and reset like that. South don't have that luxury if that was your point. 

X was added there to counter your team camping D8 farming like crazy as I suspect your plan was. But I don't see it as a major issue as the 0 lane can avoid that fire. And more so then not, north wins that corner if their meds go for it vs hanging back at the middle. As due to the shape of the F6 corner and the road from cap. They tend to get there later. As it's not many times I've seen south get it first. 

My only issue there is the wall at F6 being to big. As North has a better line of concealed fire into town vs south does from the same spot. As their line of fire is way narrower if they want to support the fountain at the back. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 January 2019 - 06:39 PM.

Soup_Potato #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

On top of what Balc0ra said, they introduced the changes to F9 to counter the E6 position which tends to go to the north team. In the current state of the map I am more able to shoot from F2 and 3 at spotted tanks that are in the F/D 7/8 areas. Previously it was common for them to remain unspotted and being able to shoot to the city.

In general the map seems to slightly favor the south team to win city and to north team to win village. The spot on G1 (and maybe H1 as well) being asymmetrical and better compared to what north team gets on that corner. North team can always be aggressive and push to the middle road (or use the strong pocket in F2) with the support from field but generally south does the cross over the middle road.

It might get bit tricky to read this comment without having the map open at the same time to get reference of what I talk about. I find the map to be more enjoyable now, not that it wasn't previously.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View Postensarrr925, on 03 January 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

I want to balance for this map

North wins. 

FrantisekBascovansky #5 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31574 battles
I hate this map. It is so so bad. But can cope with it.

kisa_camel #6 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27992 battles
  • [TC-P] TC-P

IMO, map gives advantage to south team, not fair, should be equal advantages for both sides.

Needs to be restudied,

KillingJoker #7 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40233 battles

they fixed the map, now its better, they placed some buildings in the middle that work out as hold position for the south team....

since then the south spawn mediums can now adventure to play in the field and spot for their TD's, something that never happened before because the north team had all the advantage positions in the  field, with the exception of the E6 windows that once taken, the north team automatically loses the field, also, i think south team have now a slight advantage in the town fight if the North heavies dont explore the middle street, if the north heavies go to the typical E1 corner they wil get into a hold, because the south team have a much better possitions to shot there...

I would say its now one of the most balanced maps, perhaps the south, now have a slight edge, because not all the players in heavies are keen to take risky moves on the middle street, an aggressive play that pays off in my opinion, and its still the most powerful move to make in this map.

_cro_magnon #8 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33090 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Funny how I hated this map because back "in the olden days" it was considered bad. Now they added maps like new Pilsen, Studzianki and Empires border that Ruinberg seems playable. :D

Edited by cro001, 05 January 2019 - 11:18 AM.

8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 79827 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 03 January 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

North wins. 

They shouldn't. South have better city positions and, with the rework, better hulldown options in the "village" to shut down any mid plays with crossfire and spotting. I think they went too far and just tipped the unbalance scale to the other side. 

Bennie182 #10 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55035 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

They did not change it for the better in my opinion. North had the advantage, especially when not much players from south would go east. Now south gets the advantage as soon as someone takes position X. Very annoying that there are a few positions that give too much influence on the battle, just by being somewhere, without having to do much. WG is supposed to encourage active game play, not punish it. Too much battles end up being a short roflstomp or too campy.

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 05 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

They shouldn't. South have better city positions and, with the rework, better hulldown options in the "village" to shut down any mid plays with crossfire and spotting. I think they went too far and just tipped the unbalance scale to the other side. 

South indeed has good positions to defend, without showing your hull. North had good camo positions, but it is very risky to spot the cap if the remaining tanks need to go back to base to reset and none of the cappers has been spotted.

Edited by Bennie182, 05 January 2019 - 11:38 AM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #11 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17085 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Sighs... why this fixation with bilateral symmetry....:sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users