Jump to content


Lag Spike


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

DarkSephirot #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35910 battles
  • 41
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

hello all is from all the day i've lag spike in eu1 and eu2 from 40ms bump to 130/140 and retrun at 40

 

is only me or other one too?



Homer_J #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • 32,317
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
It's the internet.

DarkSephirot #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35910 battles
  • 41
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

mine internee t work great and its always same result i've done many of that test 

 http://www.speedtest.../7928900659.png


Edited by DarkSephirot, 03 January 2019 - 11:55 PM.


Homer_J #4 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • 32,317
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDarkSephirot, on 03 January 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

mine internee t work great and its always same result i've done many of that test 

 http://www.speedtest.../7928900659.png

 

Not the internet between you and the speedtest server.  You don't play WoT on the speedtest server do you?

 

The internet between you and the game server.



pecopad #5 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24924 battles
  • 1,102
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

Always the same posters making excuses for the inexcusable...

 

I don't have ping spikes in other games I play, just WOT, so its not my network, its WOT that does not have the proper infra-structure.

 

On the other hand, this is a F2P game where they alienate the paying customers, so its not that surprising that they are saving on infrastructure and connectivity.



SuedKAT #6 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,039
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postpecopad, on 04 January 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Always the same posters making excuses for the inexcusable...

 

I don't have ping spikes in other games I play, just WOT, so its not my network, its WOT that does not have the proper infra-structure.

 

On the other hand, this is a F2P game where they alienate the paying customers, so its not that surprising that they are saving on infrastructure and connectivity.

 

Do we need to take a basic course in networking perhaps?


Edited by SuedKAT, 04 January 2019 - 03:48 PM.


pecopad #7 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24924 battles
  • 1,102
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostSuedKAT, on 04 January 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

 

Do we need to take a basic course in networking perhaps?

 

I actually work in an ISP....

 

When you have several users,from different points and countries complaining about network and server performance, you bet its a problem on the game side.

 

Again, this is a F2P games that likes to alienate the paying customers, so.... no prime servers and other stuff...  part of the F2P experience and charm.


Edited by pecopad, 04 January 2019 - 03:53 PM.


eekeeboo #8 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 45891 battles
  • 972
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010
This should help you look for a possible issue: pingplotter.

SuedKAT #9 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,039
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postpecopad, on 04 January 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

 

I actually work in an ISP....

 

When you have several users,from different points and countries complaining about network and server performance, you bet its a problem on the game side.

 

Again, this is a F2P games that likes to alienate the paying customers, so.... no prime servers and other stuff...  

 

Must be a pain to work at an ISP when you don't understand the basics, you have my sympathies.

Edited by SuedKAT, 04 January 2019 - 03:54 PM.


m1x_angelico #10 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23701 battles
  • 1,078
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015
Also having lag spikes. Less than before New Year. Not my Wifi, ISP.

pecopad #11 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24924 battles
  • 1,102
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostSuedKAT, on 04 January 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

 

Must be a pain to work at an ISP when you don't understand the basics. you have my sympathies.

 

What basics.... are we here discussing anything about networking?

 

Maybe you only play WOT on a free wi-fi connection and for you its normal to have high ping and lag and loss packages in games...but others don't actually mind paying for the games they play, have good ISP's and connections and a good computer to play games.

 

Happens that WG always had problems with server performance and network... its not news, happens in most f2p games.

 

 


Edited by pecopad, 04 January 2019 - 03:59 PM.


SuedKAT #12 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,039
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postpecopad, on 04 January 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

 

What basics.... are we here discussing anything about networking?

 

Maybe you only play WOT on a free wi-fi connection and for you its normal to have high ping and lag and loss packages in games...but others don't actually mind paying for the games they play, have good ISP's and connections and a good computer to play games.

 

Happens that WG always had problems with server performance and network... its not news.

 

 

 

Your complete lack of understanding of how the internet works and how it's possible for one user utilizing the same service to lag while another can utilize the same service and don't experience any lag what so ever, thankfully I posted that handy video to get you on the right path. I utilize a standard 1Gbit/s fiber connection which is common around here, had a tiny bit of issues before Christmas due to some issues in the middle of Germany ( I of course checked to pinpoint the issue ) but before that or since then I haven't had any issues what so ever.

Edited by SuedKAT, 04 January 2019 - 04:02 PM.


Totieso #13 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 39887 battles
  • 2,247
  • [NLIFE] NLIFE
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
 

View PostDarkSephirot, on 03 January 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

hello all is from all the day i've lag spike in eu1 and eu2 from 40ms bump to 130/140 and retrun at 40

 

is only me or other one too?

 

I'm having issues too.



Archaean #14 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16029 battles
  • 1,483
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostSuedKAT, on 04 January 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

 

Must be a pain to work at an ISP when you don't understand the basics, you have my sympathies.

 

His/her co-workers have my sympathy.
15:11 Added after 3 minutes

View Postpecopad, on 04 January 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

 

What basics.... are we here discussing anything about networking?

 

Maybe you only play WOT on a free wi-fi connection and for you its normal to have high ping and lag and loss packages in games...but others don't actually mind paying for the games they play, have good ISP's and connections and a good computer to play games.

 

Happens that WG always had problems with server performance and network... its not news, happens in most f2p games.

 

 

 

WoT servers aren't that bad.



pecopad #15 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24924 battles
  • 1,102
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostSuedKAT, on 04 January 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

 

Your complete lack of understanding of how the internet works and how it's possible for one user utilizing the same service to lag while another can utilize the same service and don't experience any lag what so ever, thankfully I posted that handy video to get you on the right path. I utilize a standard 1Gbit/s fiber connection which is common around here, had a tiny bit of issues before Christmas due to some issues in the middle of Germany ( I of course checked to pinpoint the issue ) but before that or since then I haven't had any issues what so ever.

 

Please explain me were do you derive my knowledge and understanding on how the internet works from my posts?

 

Also its very well documented the Ping and lag issues with WOT, so what are you talking about..... 

15:25 Added after 1 minute

View PostArchaean, on 04 January 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

 

His/her co-workers have my sympathy.
15:11 Added after 3 minutes

 

WoT servers aren't that bad.

 

LOL... is this your 2nd account.... why don't you just leave it there.... You never had ping or lag problems with WOT, good for you.....

Joggaman #16 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24647 battles
  • 6,634
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postpecopad, on 04 January 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

 

Please explain me were do you derive my knowledge and understanding on how the internet works from my posts?

 

Also its very well documented the Ping and lag issues with WOT, so what are you talking about..... 

15:25 Added after 1 minute

 

LOL... is this your 2nd account.... why don't you just leave it there.... You never had ping or lag problems with WOT, good for you.....

 

Where can I find this documentation?

Haven't had ANY problems in years, and I'm on WI-FI even...



SuedKAT #17 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,039
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postpecopad, on 04 January 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

 

Please explain me were do you derive my knowledge and understanding on how the internet works from my posts?

 

Also its very well documented the Ping and lag issues with WOT, so what are you talking about..... 

Your catastrophic general IT knowledge is quite well documented across these forums, this thread is a great example, you have made a habit of spreading completely incorrect or mis-information about a wide arrange of IT related issues people come to these forums asking for help with. The worst part of it all is not that you don't at all help the individual having issues or that you troll the threads with misinformation it's the fact that you keep trolling away even when you get the correct facts pointed out to you which most of the time end up with that the one actually having issues don't have his/her issue solved due to your misinformation and trolling.


Edited by SuedKAT, 04 January 2019 - 04:36 PM.


eekeeboo #18 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 45891 battles
  • 972
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010
Unfortunately I don't see this thread improving any time soon. I'm going to lock it now and wish you the best OP. Please review my post about pingplotter to reliably test for any connection issues you may have to the server. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users