Jump to content


Maus penetration joke


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Hochexekutor #1 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8853 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    05-02-2015

What exactly happened to Maus? any tank seems to be able to pen it from the front on hull torrent etc. I'm not talking about the weakspot on the lower side, just anything else.

Whats the point of a superheavy superslow tank with 0 armor?

 



Dikkeh0nd #2 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22499 battles
  • 205
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012
Try angling it.

Cobra6 #3 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16401 battles
  • 16,276
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Thing is completely over-buffed pretty much a no go for any standard ammo and still people manage to complain.....

 

How much artificial help do you guys need before you can make a heavy tank work, seriously?

 

Cobra 6



Sfinski #4 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33092 battles
  • 2,873
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Hull torrent?

Crashzi #5 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6290 battles
  • 147
  • [GO-LD] GO-LD
  • Member since:
    12-09-2016
well the maus is anti-non gold ammo but gold can go trough the armor it like shooting at a tog

UrQuan #6 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20629 battles
  • 6,718
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
My Maus seems to be working fine

 

 

Serious reply: try angling it. I notice alot of people don't really angle it. Remember; Maus has strong side armor, you can angle the tank pretty wide before it gets dangerous (but don't go driving out sideways either, please) Link to a post about Maus' angling (and Type 5 angling) with pictures (click the spoilers)

Also: do not over-extend; Superheavies like the Maus are not solo-tanks & can get flanked easy. They rely on teammates to maximize their use of armor (teammates keep flanks clear, as long as you don't over-extend)

 

Edit: have a small armor guide (copied & slightly modified from VK 100 a prank tank thread):

 

Armor does NOT exist to make people immune to damage. Such approach is bad for the game. Armor exists to make you more resistant to damage, so that the gun with 260mm pen (T10 ballpark pen, some have less, some have more) has trouble penning you, not that you are impossible to be damaged by it.

Because people have trouble with armor & it never seems enough (serious Maus armor is ridiculous when used properly), have a short armor guide:

 

Proper armor usage follows these guidelines:

- Don't get hit: No matter what you drive, this is paramount. Don't get hit when you don't need to.

- Bait shots: Peek out some tough piece of armor, you'd be surprised how many people take shots at it. Once done, roll out that gun & answer in kind!

- Angle up: When you have to expose yourself to hostile fire: maximize your armor; it reduces the hurt greatly (notice, I said 'reduce' not 'immunize;)

- Don't do bad trades! If there's a ton of tanks aiming at you & not tricked by your baiting, don't try & shoot for 400 damage when you can get 1000 damage in return. 

- Know your enemy guns: An IS-6 has no hope penning you if you play your KV-4/VK 100 properly, while that Borsig will remain a serious issue when he's aimed at you & waiting for you to come out.

- Don't tease the Deathstars (Jagpanzer E-100 & British FV TD's) No really, don't do it. It's not worth it

- Don't go alone: Way too many people think their heavy armor tank is a solo pwn machine. Nope it is not: bring friends/teammates. make sure you got support in back. When you do: it's rocking time. When you don't? Go defensive, punish the enemy for even thinking to approach you. You want a solo pwn machine? Get IS-3 / T-10 or any other generalist tank & get good at the game. Armored tanks are not it (But WG sure as hell tries lately, not a good evolution imo). 

 

Way too few people do this & just end up dead with barely any damage blocked in their armored tank. Then complain armor is useless. Then we end up with tanks like Maus & jap heavies because people want armored tanks without the skill to use them. Then act shocked when nobody wants to fight these tanks, resulting in some very dumb team deployments (because no-one likes to be Type 5 food, or plant shell after shell in a Maus for 0 effect)

You want a tank that can hold of enemy armies while blasting your way to the top? Get an armored tank, learn how to use said armor. Learn the pen mechanics of every type of shell & use/abuse that. Learn which situations work & which don't. Look at team compositions & act accordingly. 

And when you do? Start rocking. Take control of your lane, either by holding it, or by pushing it. Deny the enemy passage/control. Do that and you already pushed up your winchances greatly in your armored tank.

Armored tanks exist to take control over a lane/corridor/contested area. Mobile tanks exist to exert control over the wider map. Choose wisely which concept you like more. Any tank that combines heavy armor with mobility will be OP because it will be able to exert control over a wider map & dominate in the area/ corridor / lane that needs it the most.


Edited by UrQuan, 04 January 2019 - 11:08 AM.


Crashzi #7 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6290 battles
  • 147
  • [GO-LD] GO-LD
  • Member since:
    12-09-2016

View PostUrQuan, on 04 January 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

My Maus seems to be working fine

 

 

Serious reply: try angling it. I notice alot of people don't really angle it. Remember; Maus has strong side armor, you can angle the tank pretty wide before it gets dangerous (but don't go driving out sideways either, please) Link to a post about Maus' angling (and Type 5 angling) with pictures (click the spoilers)

Also: do not over-extend; Superheavies like the Maus are not solo-tanks & can get flanked easy. They rely on teammates to maximize their use of armor (teammates keep flanks clear, as long as you don't over-extend)

 

Edit: have a small armor guide (copied & slightly modified from VK 100 a prank tank thread):

 

Armor does NOT exist to make people immune to damage. Such approach is bad for the game. Armor exists to make you more resistant to damage, so that the gun with 260mm pen (T10 ballpark pen, some have less, some have more) has trouble penning you, not that you are impossible to be damaged by it.

Because people have trouble with armor & it never seems enough (serious Maus armor is ridiculous when used properly), have a short armor guide:

 

Proper armor usage follows these guidelines:

- Don't get hit: No matter what you drive, this is paramount. Don't get hit when you don't need to.

- Bait shots: Peek out some tough piece of armor, you'd be surprised how many people take shots at it. Once done, roll out that gun & answer in kind!

- Angle up: When you have to expose yourself to hostile fire: maximize your armor; it reduces the hurt greatly (notice, I said 'reduce' not 'immunize;)

- Don't do bad trades! If there's a ton of tanks aiming at you & not tricked by your baiting, don't try & shoot for 400 damage when you can get 1000 damage in return. 

- Know your enemy guns: An IS-6 has no hope penning you if you play your KV-4/VK 100 properly, while that Borsig will remain a serious issue when he's aimed at you & waiting for you to come out.

- Don't tease the Deathstars (Jagpanzer E-100 & British FV TD's) No really, don't do it. It's not worth it

- Don't go alone: Way too many people think their heavy armor tank is a solo pwn machine. Nope it is not: bring friends/teammates. make sure you got support in back. When you do: it's rocking time. When you don't? Go defensive, punish the enemy for even thinking to approach you. You want a solo pwn machine? Get IS-3 / T-10 or any other generalist tank & get good at the game. Armored tanks are not it (But WG sure as hell tries lately, not a good evolution imo). 

 

Way too few people do this & just end up dead with barely any damage blocked in their armored tank. Then complain armor is useless. Then we end up with tanks like Maus & jap heavies because people want armored tanks without the skill to use them. Then act shocked when nobody wants to fight these tanks, resulting in some very dumb team deployments (because no-one likes to be Type 5 food, or plant shell after shell in a Maus for 0 effect)

You want a tank that can hold of enemy armies while blasting your way to the top? Get an armored tank, learn how to use said armor. Learn the pen mechanics of every type of shell & use/abuse that. Learn which situations work & which don't. Look at team compositions & act accordingly. 

And when you do? Start rocking. Take control of your lane, either by holding it, or by pushing it. Deny the enemy passage/control. Do that and you already pushed up your winchances greatly in your armored tank.

Armored tanks exist to take control over a lane/corridor/contested area. Mobile tanks exist to exert control over the wider map. Choose wisely which concept you like more. Any tank that combines heavy armor with mobility will be OP because it will be able to exert control over a wider map & dominate in the area/ corridor / lane that needs it the most.

 

You forgot to mention don't go on open areas where arty can rain death on you they really love slow big toasters

UrQuan #8 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20629 battles
  • 6,718
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostCrashzi, on 04 January 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

 

You forgot to mention don't go on open areas where arty can rain death on you they really love slow big toasters

 

Eh, ever since the arty rework, arty has been much less of a nuisance in my (heavy) armored tanks tbh. I do keep some basic principles in mind regarding arty to reduce focus. It is why I played them rather extensive for a period, to know what arty needs to land easy shots. Sure sometimes I get that arty that wants me, but you'd be surprised how efficient small movements can be.

And you are driving a super heavy, any shot (even arty) shot at you is another shot not going to your weaker/softer teammates. Not to mention the arty debuff isn't that bad when driving a super-heavy. Your armor isn't affected by it & you are slow already.

Mind you, the more arty in a game, the more care you got to put into your play. And yes arty is annoying cause you can't do much about it when they go for you. Except making yourself an annoying target. Works better on some maps then others ofc.

 

Current arty is much worse when you drive soft armor tanks honestly, you can get wrecked easy & the debuff really works against you.

 

Oh and yes: don't cross open areas mindlessly with your superheavy in general, because alot more then just arty is then trouble for you. Crossing an open area in a slow superheavy is very dangerous, so got to make sure that either you can get your angles right before crossing and/or that their spotters are either not there or dead.


Edited by UrQuan, 04 January 2019 - 11:33 AM.


Qarina #9 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13610 battles
  • 136
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013

I love penetrating mouses.

Unlike Type 5 Heavies, they are not as sturdy, but this doesn't seem to be common knowledge for their drivers. Sometimes i am able to trade successfully with mouse from some tier 9 tanks.

So if you don't wanna be killed follow the advices of UrQuan



laulaur #10 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47268 battles
  • 1,590
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostCrashzi, on 04 January 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

You forgot to mention don't go on open areas where arty can rain death on you they really love slow big toasters

 

By 'raining death' you mean arty dealing 200-300 damage at every 40 seconds in that Maus? After 2 shots they got bored and get back to hunting lights and meds...

Rati_Festa #11 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45405 battles
  • 1,743
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostHochexekutor, on 04 January 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

What exactly happened to Maus? any tank seems to be able to pen it from the front on hull torrent etc. I'm not talking about the weakspot on the lower side, just anything else.

Whats the point of a superheavy superslow tank with 0 armor?

 

 

You have 46% wr in the Maus... that's beyond bad, it points to a "you" problem. You have two issues, you aren't experienced/skilled enough to be playing t10 and you don't know how to play heavies.  Which means you are going to have a consistently bad experience playing that tank.

 

I play the Maus to complete missions and when I am drinking :) when you know how to play it, it's quite simple. You don't really have to focus on the game as much and it's quite amusing bouncing shells 90% of the time. You just need to learn to angle and when to take a shot, don't always push into attack, sometimes its better to just control a spot while your team overruns another key area.

 

I couldn't help you only seem to play German tanks... that's not advisable for any sane person :) Playing other nations will give you some insight into their weaknesses and strong points as well.

 

You should play your Lowe/Vk 45.03 more learn how to side scrape, amass credits and use that on grinding the RU heavies line. Playing T10 is pointless when you are losing so much imo.



DeadLecter #12 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26061 battles
  • 906
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
340 HEAT shells go through any armor. There is a reason super heavies are all obsolete. They trade mobility for armor which doesn't work unless you play against a guy who doesn't want to press 2 key. 

AHLagman #13 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4318 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    10-28-2015

View Postlaulaur, on 04 January 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

 

By 'raining death' you mean arty dealing 200-300 damage at every 40 seconds in that Maus? After 2 shots they got bored and get back to hunting lights and meds...

 

Every 40 seconds? Please tell me which tier does arty fire every 40 seconds, I would love to play that :teethhappy:

KillingJoker #14 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36340 battles
  • 1,593
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

the difficult thing about the maus is to get the right angle on the turret to bounce everything...

 

you have a point of angle in the maus, that you will bounce almost everything under 340 penetration... 

 

But its kinda a tricky to do it, because you really need to micro angle it, it takes some time to understand the hull and the turret degree's, 

i would recomend people to train it... 

 

still, the major frustration for me with the maus is that no matter how good you are angling, you still have to expose your armor too shot the enemy, so... good enemies

will allways wait till you try to aim again to shot your turret front...

 

this is sort of the "mechanic" that i also hate in the E100,  having to angle to turret to bounce can work out while you reload, but still, the turret turns so slowly that enemies

have time to shot you and pen before you can even start aiming at them...

 

When they nerf the premium ammunition it will be better obviously, but the Maus is still usable, i can trade pretty will in mine vs type 5's, even if they allways do damage, i just load gold and trade 490 for 300 damage all the time... and they end up dying.

 

Still, its a tank that i would like to play more, but arty and map rotation combined with other meta aspects of the game kinda makes the maus useless.



RSAGhost #15 Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:19 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42768 battles
  • 480
  • [MING] MING
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
https://www.youtube....h?v=-Ozd_Cvlg-A

Simeon85 #16 Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 4,049
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostDeadLecter, on 04 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

340 HEAT shells go through any armor. There is a reason super heavies are all obsolete. They trade mobility for armor which doesn't work unless you play against a guy who doesn't want to press 2 key. 

 

no, no and no.

 

Literally tier 10 is dominated by armour and super heavies in particular, you are clueless. 



pathed91 #17 Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18331 battles
  • 292
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View PostAHLagman, on 04 January 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

Every 40 seconds? Please tell me which tier does arty fire every 40 seconds, I would love to play that :teethhappy:

 

Tier 10?

 

From tanks.gg with 100% crew and no equipment:

Conqueror GC: 44.11 s

GW E100: 37.40 s

T92 HMC: 46.99 s

obj 261: 30.68 s

bc 155 58: 10/49.86 s

 

So 40 s reload is common at tier 10.



Tom_Deekanarry #18 Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8582 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012

I take it this thread is about  the OP  sulking because his super heavy isn't indestructible?

 



eekeeboo #19 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 45891 battles
  • 951
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010
I'll admit it..... I was disappointed to see no actual joke made... not even a knock knock or "Why did the maus cross the road joke" :( 

tankqull #20 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21230 battles
  • 1,575
  • [WBD] WBD
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostCobra6, on 04 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Thing is completely over-buffed pretty much a no go for any standard ammo and still people manage to complain.....

 

How much artificial help do you guys need before you can make a heavy tank work, seriously?

 

Cobra 6

 

people complain as everyone and their mother shoots them with premium ammo, either negating armor entirely or creating large weakspots by doing so.

 

View PostSimeon85, on 04 January 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

no, no and no.

 

Literally tier 10 is dominated by armour and super heavies in particular, you are clueless. 

 

and the reason aint the armor(with a few exceptions primarily hulldown monster) but the increased HP pools

 


Edited by tankqull, 04 January 2019 - 03:15 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users