2019 is6 or amx mle 49, please help guys, thx.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Leveitine #1 Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 102014 battles

I have lot of gold and i must buy some new tank in in game shop, so my question is it better is 6 now or amx mle 49? Thx guys, love you!

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:15 AM

General

• Player
  • 50845 battles

IS6 has the better armour but a lower pen gun as compensation it has preferential matchmaking

Hull armour is pretty good, turret is excellent and if you angle the tank you can get the upper glacis to around 235 while also keeping much the same value to the side armour, the lower glacis will be close to 200 at that angle too.

AMX Mle 49 has a better gun is not quite as well armoured  its still pretty good but has standard matchmaking,

I drove one for a few days and found it good enough that I will probably buy one eventually.

Its got a cupola that's quite weak so you need to keep that moving so players cannot easily shoot it

You can angle the AMX, its got weaker side armour so you have to be careful but you can make front and sides about 230mm

Both are well armoured tanks one has a better gun and a weak commanders cupola on the turret the other very solid armour weaker gun but does not meet tier 10 tanks

The IS6 does more damage 390 compared to 300 on the AMX but even with premium its only got 225 pen while the AMX has 263

We are likely to see more changes to the PMM tanks like the IS6 the MM itself as well as changes to premium ammo

Edited by Gremlin182, 05 January 2019 - 12:53 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68047 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
IS-6 is a nice tank in terms of mobility and armor. But no one would recommend that due to the gun and the AP pen it has atm. It's not an effective tool vs most HT it faces. 

Scanmen #4 Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21652 battles

After the buff, the IS-6 is a better choice. Bad decisions with AMX M4 mle. 49, in most cases are fatal.
Because of his troll armor, the IS-6 is more forgiving, and is giving you a second chance.

Edited by Scanmen, 05 January 2019 - 08:50 PM.

SiliconSidewinder #5 Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28045 battles

well....

in short buy the the tank that will profit you more.

do your friends play alot of smm tanks and you don't have one? go for the IS 6

do you think about teambattles? => amx.

do you play lots of russian heavies => IS6

ps: if I am not mistaken the IS 6 has a rather weak gun so you might factore that into your decision as well.

pps: mm aside the amx is the better tank so if you are unsure and not afraid of tier X tanks...

AzoreanOutkast #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10158 battles

AMX will give u more credits hands down and that is the most important thing here to take into account, since armor means little cause as soon as ppl see their shots bouncing of your they are gonna hit that "2" key and that is all she wrote!

Also the IS6 low pen, (186) means u are gonna definatly have to rely on that "2" key to do anything with it, so u will be lucky to break even in most matches, sure it has PMM, but that counts little with "special ammo" used and with the kinda MM u will be getting...

I know, i dont have the IS6 by choice, since im the owner of the Alpine Tiger wich is kinda of a copy of it and with that one is "2" key from start of match and them, only them do i go AP if i see me in a situation were it makes sense to change to regular AP.

Also have the AMX, bought one (same deal had gold from xmas to spend) and i dont regret it, may not use it alot, since i like to play my meds more, but at least i go with standard ammo on that one to battle confident i will performe.

kyrahihi #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 24957 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

if you want a pref MM tank, go for super pershing, as its the strongest one after the buff

if you want a normal premium, Lowe is the best choice

but it depends a lot on what lines you have started, what crews you want to train and so on

BlackBloodBandit #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1141 battles

AMX is waaaay better then IS-6. Played the IS-6 as rental and it's like people say... gun handling is not that bad, but too many bounces on tanks I should pen and you need too much premium rounds, because of mostly tier 9 and full tier 8 games.

AMX does face tier 10, but has a gun capable of doing damage at least and it's front armor is quite good. IS-6 has quite good armor as well, but in today's meta people instantly pressed "2" and 'outplayed' me. even a Panther/M10 goes through the front like butter with premium shells. AMX does have a weak cupola, but the rest of the front is quite good. Mobility is alright on both.

If I had to choose a premium tank, first choice is for a good gun, as dealing damage is what it's all about to gain crew xp and credits.

Somnorila #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 56601 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
I don't have either of them. I would get the french HT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users