SPG Campaign missions and wording

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TheDrownedApe #1 Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 45518 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

So busy nearing the end of the 279 missions playing arty (cause i have too :hiding: )and i need help.....or correcting my assumption.

Currently on Alliance 9 and it needs 1800 seconds of stun over 10 games. It also says that...

"potential stun duration is counted"

So Qs then from this explanation:

1. I kill a tank: Do I, or do I not, get the potential stun?

2. A tank is already stunned when i hit it:  Do I, or do I not, get the potential stun?

3. A tank dies during my my stunning it: Do I, or do I not, get the whole stun time?

I'm sure there are other scenarios but these will do. i've been adding up my potential stun during the game and it doesn't seem to correlate. I killed tanks and on the results screen it doesn't show any stun on those tanks, just that i killed it??

just fallen about 18 seconds short on my 10th game and it's frustrating to say the least

Sfinski #2 Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

1. I'd thought no, potential is only when stunned one uses med kit. Not 100% certain.

2. Again, not certain. If tank is stunned with 10s left and you hit it and stun so the tank is now stunned for 15s, you only get 5s.

3. During I'd think yes, you'll get it.

Don't take these as certain truths though, but to be sure shoot tanks that are not stunned and at low health to make sure.

BlackBloodBandit #3 Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1131 battles

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 05 January 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

So busy nearing the end of the 279 missions playing arty (cause i have too :hiding: )and i need help.....or correcting my assumption.

Currently on Alliance 9 and it needs 1800 seconds of stun over 10 games. It also says that...

"potential stun duration is counted"

So Qs then from this explanation:

2. A tank is already stunned when i hit it:  Do I, or do I not, get the potential stun?

3. A tank dies during my my stunning it: Do I, or do I not, get the whole stun time?

I'm sure there are other scenarios but these will do. i've been adding up my potential stun during the game and it doesn't seem to correlate. I killed tanks and on the results screen it doesn't show any stun on those tanks, just that i killed it??

just fallen about 18 seconds short on my 10th game and it's frustrating to say the least

1 Stun only counts if the tank survives your shot. If you destroy the target you get no stun count.

2 You always get stun count, even when an allied arty has stunned the target. Your assistance damage is counted and divided between all players that stunned the same target. Once allied stun is over, and yours is still running, you get the full assistance for stunning.

3 your stun time counts full, even when the target gets destroyed or uses med kit.

The missions say "potential stun is counted"

RaxipIx #4 Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32090 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Avoid  kill shots, that does not count, the rest is all counted.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 05 January 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

1: iirc no. As then there is no crew to stun, thus no effect. 

2: When you hit someone that's already stunned. The timer you get is dependent on what time the target has vs your average stun etc. As in if you have an average stun of 20 seconds. And your target has 22 seconds left. Then you won't add anything as stun timers don't stack, they only overlap if available. If the target has 10 seconds left and you hit him. It will go back to 20 seconds. And you will be rewarded with 10. As then you "share" the stun and assist with the other arty. Kinda like if two scouts spot the same target when hit. 

3: Yes. It's added the second you hit it. Even if they remove it with a medkit or the target dies you still get the time you first were given. It doesn't count it pr sec it's active. It counts the potential stun, as also does on your battle results. As if you get 200 seconds, it's 200 seconds based on the time added upon all your stuns, regardless if the effect is removed 2 seconds later.

If you hit 3 targets at the same time for 20 seconds each, and two of them use a medkit 2 seconds later, and one runs the full 20. You won't get 24 seconds. You get 60 seconds added. 

Edit: I'm not on the 279 arty missions yet. But I'm going by how it's worked on the 2 other tanks, and the SPG missions on the 4 tanks before that after stuns were added. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 January 2019 - 02:59 PM.

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 45518 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I finished this horrible mission last night. TBH it's the most annoying mission I've had yet. Not only does it force you to not kill targets (due to not receiving the stun time) but also to focus on groups on enemies that may not be the threat at that time.

On top of that is that fact that you have 1/2 other SPGs on your team that don't mark their targets so you have no idea if they are busy shooting on your targets and stealing that stun time. The amount of time I fired and another SPG beat me too the initial shot ergo getting the stun time. but then this isn't my first whine about Arty not talking to the team.

Still done with it now thank god.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users