Techtree tanks keep or sell, garage slots

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zmago5000 #1 Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3371 battles
What do you do with techtree tanks when moving up the tier? Sell / keep? Do you buy garage slots.? Are there also garage slot discounts like equipm. or consumabl?

Edited by Zmago5000, 05 January 2019 - 06:14 PM.

ScanBlu #2 Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10008 battles

Tanks no longer in use (usually after you elite them to unlock all modules/future tanks) are sold, you keep them only if u like them enough (I usually after finishing an entire tier for all nations, I pick 1-2 favourite tanks/entire tier&nations and keep them, for. ex. T4 Matilda or T5 Bishop, and actively playing them bcz I like them very much and keep them with their own crew) and you have garage slot available to keep them (it's wise to buy tanks always when they are with discounts and sell them when aren't discounts on them). Yes, from time to time there are garage slot discounts (-50%) at a price of 150 gold/slot or are given for free by some missions/events/specials.

Look at this for example https://worldoftanks...019-sneak-peek/ , between 22-25 January it will be such a special (Maintenance and Improvement) with garage slot at -50% discount.

Edited by ScanBlu, 05 January 2019 - 06:25 PM.

UrQuan #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Depends on the tech tree tank. If it is a fun one, I keep it. Else I sell it. I have bought garage slots on discount, so I don't have to worry about keeping tanks or not. Garage slots on discount is a good way to invest in your game on long term. They're fairly cheap & they allow you to keep a wide range of tanks that way.

Also, finding a fun midtier tank is double good to keep, because on top of being fun to play, it also tends to earn credits, allowing you to play higher tier tanks from time to time if you don't want to buy premium tanks for credit-earning.

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 50893 battles

I start off with 1 tank and sell it when I go up a tier but after a while I usually come across tanks that were worth keeping.

When I moved on from the KV1 I simply bought a new crew with credits and moved on up the line with the good crew.

If as occasionally happens you find another keeper or the line splits you repeat the process, best crew goes on the higher tier tank and you start another crew on the lowest tier tank.

Just on the Russian heavy line because it split into 3 lines I have the KV1 KV2 KV4 am now at the tier 9 So also have the T10 and ST1.

Will probably sell the KV4 when I have decided if I like the ST1

In either case I will end up with 4 Russian Heavy tanks and crews.

Of course this does mean you have to buy or win garage slots

Lycopersicon #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10692 battles

Keep them if you want to play them, sell them if you find the garage slot more valuable. However, I advise you to not leave tanks unlocked; if you do then you are likely to find at some future moment that you either have to re-buy a sold tank (and get a crew for it somehow, which is a much bigger problem) or to spend a shedload of free xp to unlock a new line that you suddenly feel like playing.

Garage slots are on sale every now and then, and you can also get them from occasional mission. Once you have floated around in this game for some time, you are likely to have built up more than you need; I bought a slot or two in my first year but now I have seven free.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 06 January 2019 - 03:31 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68100 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If I hated the grind. Insta sell. If I loved the grind and thought the tank was fun. I keep it. And if I never go back to it after a bit, fun as it was. I might sell it, or take its crew later. I've stolen 3 to 4 skill crews from many an old tank. KV-1 has not seen much action in the past 2 years. So I stole his crew and moved it up when the IS-M came to name one. Or the Cent 1 "that's still crewless" that had his crew move to the Conway. 

And I've not bought garage slots for almost 3 years. As in January 2016 when it was 50% off. I bought 10 as I was running out. I've bought many a new tank since then, and my tank collection have grown a fair bit since then as I've had many keepers. Even with not buying new slots since then, I now have 31 free slots.  As WG have had so many missions and events with free slots since then vs in the past. And there is also a fair few to be found in the campaign missions for free slots. 

SiliconSidewinder #7 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28045 battles

garage slots on sale are the best and first investment to make in this game.

you are here to have fun and if a tank is fun, keep it.

AzoreanOutkast #8 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10158 battles

The ones i really, really liked i try to keep them, even doe that is not what ive done so far, but as the year started, im buying back what i like and keepin it.

Also if u are moving up threw a grind and have a must keep tank, dont move up the crew from it, cause a new crew will have an effect on the tank and it will not perform as before, and as u use the tank that crew will get better and better, wich has its good side, wich is ull pick up an advantage over other players in that tier over time since u will in theory outperforme them.

Off course that means the next tank in the grind wont start off with a good crew in it already, but if u dont wanna be retraining crews and spending gold, that is the best bet in my view.

I just recently bought back most of the swedish line up to tier 8 (except the TDs, hate those, only goods are the UDES and STRV) and i plan to rebuy other lines after too, also bought back the B1 since that french tank really has it a mark in my soft heart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users