Jump to content


Polish tank line - What is the point?

Useless

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

M1thr4ndir #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10027 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014

WG pleas tell us what is the point of Polish tank line? How I see the main point is to convert all gold you have, or to buy gold and convert, and just to free exp to tier 10. Wtf.

 

Tier 4,5 and 6 are useless in battle with stock guns. Tier 5 with last gun you can even do something, Tier 4 is complete garbage, even with last gun you can pen half of tanks, even with fu..ing gold (special, premium) ammo. And you give option to tier 6 tank to drive with this crapwith 75 mm gun and 135 dmg, are you f..king joking with us. And you with tier 6 need to play mostly with tier 8 tanks, and to pen maybe Defender, or Patriot....

 

So how I see this tank line is made just to force players to buy gold and convert in free exp.

 

Great job WG just great job. After 6 months not playing I back to see what you have change and see that you destroy game even more. Well done, and goodbye.

 



barison1 #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43589 battles
  • 2,060
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

nr 121243565765645343546

:popcorn:



Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9062 battles
  • 6,253
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Don't you mean 8695?

 

And how is having a 7.5cm cannon as stock at tier 6 a bad thing?

The Type 4 Chi-To gets one with only 124mm pen.

The P.43 Bis gets one with 118mm pen.

The Stridsvagn 74 gets one with 120mm pen.

The Cromwell gets a 110mm pen 57mm gun unless you got the churchill first.

The T-34-85 gets a 7.5cm with 120mm pen...

 

Oh you were talking about damage.

In which case 135 is still on the high side for tier 6 MTs with a 7.5cm.

 

T-25 gets 110 damage, the German mediums get 135 dmg, the Italian gets 110 dmg, Japan gets 130 dmg, Murika gets 115 dmg, Rasha gets 115 dmg.

Only Sweden and the Firefly get more damage on their 7.5cm, and neither have the option for a larger calibre.



M1thr4ndir #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10027 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014

Play and you see what crapof tanks are this low tier. And without crew even worst, so statistic is nothing when you can play tanks and cant contribute to team.What is point then. Like I say main point is to use free exp, buy gold etc. spent more money on game.

 

And yes how do you think to play vs tier 8 tanks with that penetration pleas explain to me ?? Not mention that you barely go 30 km/h.


Edited by M1thr4ndir, 06 January 2019 - 12:31 AM.


OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:34 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25937 battles
  • 3,383
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

Seems to be a few of these 'Polish-tank' threads recently.

 

All the Poles coming back for Christmas found out that the tanks from their own nation, are not what they wanted them to be.



MeNoobTank #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16491 battles
  • 935
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017
The point of the polish line is to complete powercreep the german E-100 line.

PabloGee #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32525 battles
  • 178
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014

Wait till last tank. Useless lowest pentration - you wont pen most tanks, gun handling is terrible . 

Amazing job WG so fun to play 



tank276 #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 53836 battles
  • 777
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostM1thr4ndir, on 05 January 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

WG pleas tell us what is the point of Polish tank line?

 

 

 

The point of the line is that 20-30% of the playerbase in Eu is Polish.

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31030 battles
  • 3,280
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostPabloGee, on 06 January 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

Wait till last tank. Useless lowest pentration - you wont pen most tanks, gun handling is terrible . 

Amazing job WG so fun to play 

 

lol.

and then go play E100.



MulkQvist_Fi #10 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41326 battles
  • 166
  • [1ST2D] 1ST2D
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

View PostM1thr4ndir, on 06 January 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

WG pleas tell us what is the point of Polish tank line? How I see the main point is to convert all gold you have, or to buy gold and convert, and just to free exp to tier 10. Wtf.

 

Tier 4,5 and 6 are useless in battle with stock guns. Tier 5 with last gun you can even do something, Tier 4 is complete garbage, even with last gun you can pen half of tanks, even with fu..ing gold (special, premium) ammo. And you give option to tier 6 tank to drive with this crapwith 75 mm gun and 135 dmg, are you f..king joking with us. And you with tier 6 need to play mostly with tier 8 tanks, and to pen maybe Defender, or Patriot....

 

So how I see this tank line is made just to force players to buy gold and convert in free exp.

 

Great job WG just great job. After 6 months not playing I back to see what you have change and see that you destroy game even more. Well done, and goodbye.

 

 

FIVE games in 40TP Habicha (Ur top tier) entitles you to state this? Seriously?

1ucky #11 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 85391 battles
  • 1,244
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostM1thr4ndir, on 06 January 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

WG pleas tell us what is the point of Polish tank line? How I see the main point is to convert all gold you have, or to buy gold and convert, and just to free exp to tier 10. Wtf.

 

Tier 4,5 and 6 are useless in battle with stock guns. Tier 5 with last gun you can even do something, Tier 4 is complete garbage, even with last gun you can pen half of tanks, even with fu..ing gold (special, premium) ammo. And you give option to tier 6 tank to drive with this crapwith 75 mm gun and 135 dmg, are you f..king joking with us. And you with tier 6 need to play mostly with tier 8 tanks, and to pen maybe Defender, or Patriot....

 

So how I see this tank line is made just to force players to buy gold and convert in free exp.

 

Great job WG just great job. After 6 months not playing I back to see what you have change and see that you destroy game even more. Well done, and goodbye.

 

Can we at least shame him for calling himself Mithrandir, with an attitude and an IQ like that??


Edited by 1ucky, 06 January 2019 - 10:42 AM.


KillingJoker #12 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39942 battles
  • 1,783
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015
I think some tanks obviously need a buff, i haven't played the tier IV and blow, but the tier VI needs a mobility buff to be competitive, and tier X needs to have its camera bone fixed as soon as possible, because that bug harms the tank gameplay...

UrQuan #13 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,178
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostPabloGee, on 06 January 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

Wait till last tank. Useless lowest pentration - you wont pen most tanks, gun handling is terrible . 

Amazing job WG so fun to play 

 

Every tank has its role to play. That of the polish high tiers is to be scary mofo's with big alpha guns. However, carrying lots of alpha (damage in a single shot) in a turreted tank does come with drawbacks (omg who could have thought).

Don't try & cram everything into a single tank, that's how you get OP/broken tanks. Rather seek what tank(lines) offer the qualities you desire most. If you like hulldown tanks with great gun handling, the british conquerors are there for you. If you rather prefer a big gun, with nice alpha & workable pen & gun handling at range, the Grille 15 awaits you (750 damage hurts)

 

Don't grind a tank & expect it to have the characteristics you want. Rather look for tank lines that embrace qualities you really want in a tank. I like armor & reliable guns, hence the tanks I grinded for usually got at least one of those characteristics.

 

That said, some of the low & midtier tanks on the polish line (and other tech lines too) can use some buffs as they're rather bad, even when fully elited.


Edited by UrQuan, 06 January 2019 - 11:10 AM.


Bordhaw #14 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14894 battles
  • 4,883
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostM1thr4ndir, on 05 January 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

WG pleas tell us what is the point of Polish tank line? How I see the main point is to convert all gold you have, or to buy gold and convert, and just to free exp to tier 10. Wtf.

 

Tier 4,5 and 6 are useless in battle with stock guns. Tier 5 with last gun you can even do something, Tier 4 is complete garbage, even with last gun you can pen half of tanks, even with fu..ing gold (special, premium) ammo. And you give option to tier 6 tank to drive with this crapwith 75 mm gun and 135 dmg, are you f..king joking with us. And you with tier 6 need to play mostly with tier 8 tanks, and to pen maybe Defender, or Patriot....

 

So how I see this tank line is made just to force players to buy gold and convert in free exp.

 

Great job WG just great job. After 6 months not playing I back to see what you have change and see that you destroy game even more. Well done, and goodbye.

 

 

You could you know, play something else..

Sirebellus #15 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23061 battles
  • 1,053
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

Tier 5 with the stock gun was possibly the worst grind in WoT... it struggles to penetrate T4 tanks let alone T7's,  but I quite enjoyed it with the top gun.

Only played one game so far with the 40TP, it seemed alright until an O-I came round the corner... my shell of course bounced and his derp gun one-shouted me from full health to oblivion



1ucky #16 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 85391 battles
  • 1,244
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostUrQuan, on 06 January 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

Every tank has its role to play. That of the polish high tiers is to be scary mofo's with big alpha guns. However, carrying lots of alpha (damage in a single shot) in a turreted tank does come with drawbacks (omg who could have thought).

Don't try & cram everything into a single tank, that's how you get OP/broken tanks. Rather seek what tank(lines) offer the qualities you desire most. If you like hulldown tanks with great gun handling, the british conquerors are there for you. If you rather prefer a big gun, with nice alpha & workable pen & gun handling at range, the Grille 15 awaits you (750 damage hurts)

 

Don't grind a tank & expect it to have the characteristics you want. Rather look for tank lines that embrace qualities you really want in a tank. I like armor & reliable guns, hence the tanks I grinded for usually got at least one of those characteristics.

 

That said, some of the low & midtier tanks on the polish line (and other tech lines too) can use some buffs as they're rather bad, even when fully elited.

 

I can more or less agree with most of what you've said there, but in regards to low tier buffs:

If you make low tiers really good, there's less incentive for players to strive to grind upwards.

And by the same token, if higher tiers aren't a little bit on the OP side, there's also less reason to bother grinding towards them.

 

Therefore, it seems to me that making the higher Tiers a bit OP and lower Tiers less so is actually alright in terms of balancing a grinding game. (Hence WG didn't do a bad job with the Poles, in my opinion. They could even buff the gun handling on the Tier 10, perhaps. Maybe it's already fine enough though, with an optimally skilled crew.)


Edited by 1ucky, 06 January 2019 - 11:33 AM.


Karasu_Hidesuke #17 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17029 battles
  • 4,572
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Another thread posted on the forum perhaps gives one answer....:mellow:

etody77 #18 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 75109 battles
  • 1,376
  • [JMA] JMA
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

The point of polish line is...to make polish people to pay to unlock modules with free exp

tier 7 is not bad, tier 8 good enough too...

both fully researched

i don't have yet tier 9 but seems to be good enough

The polish comunity wanted their own nation, mid and low tier are their punishment



the_nebuchadnezzar #19 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54261 battles
  • 1,662
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

View PostM1thr4ndir, on 05 January 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

WG pleas tell us what is the point of Polish tank line?

Easy. To make happy the millions of siemka kids on the EU serves.



Cobra6 #20 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • 17,448
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postbarison1, on 05 January 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

nr 121243565765645343546

:popcorn:

 

Well, if so many people are complaining......*MAYBE* there is a point to all of it.....

 

And as far as I could tell the Polish line is a total garbage grind for no good reason.

 

Cobra 6







Also tagged with Useless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users