Blacklist export/import possible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ulodwor #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18116 battles
Does any mod currently make it possible to export/import your blacklist to/from another player? If not, would this feature be possible to implement within the limits of a mod? To clarify, the purpose would not be to replace your current blacklist but to add the blacklist of another player to your blacklist. 

Edited by Ulodwor, 06 January 2019 - 09:21 AM.

ShuraBB #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 834 battles
  • [RU_PP] RU_PP

>Does any mod currently make it possible to export/import your blacklist to/from another player

No

>If not, would this feature be possible to implement within the limits of a mod?

Yes

>to add the blacklist of another player to your blacklist

What's the point? Given that everyone has their own reasons for adding to BL

Ulodwor #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18116 battles

Thanks for the reply! You are most certainly correct in that there would be absolutely no point in importing the blacklist of some random dude, which is bound to contain a bunch of players added for whatever reasonable or unreasonable reason. In the most general terms, the utility of an export/import feature would seem to largely rely on the availability of at least one blacklist based on a different principle than the whims of a single player. Specifically, to import a blacklist I would want a few conditions to be fulfilled: 

1  I would want to know why these players was added to the blacklist. 

2  I would have to agree with the reasons for adding players to the blacklist

3 I would have to trust the blacklist, trust that it represents what it claims to represent in terms of 1 and 2

The above would likely require a clear, stated policy for when a player would be added to the list as well as an amount of openness with regards to the reasons in a specific case. But of course, that may just be me being particular. I could also see how players with a certain amount of clout and an audience might convince this audience to import a blacklist based on their recommendation only.    

pe3pa #4 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 52358 battles
  • [JUST] JUST
coummunity hosted blacklists are a bad thing and never worked. in some countrys i could even sue you for putting me on it if you lack hard evidence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users