Need help please .. gaming mechanics

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Golly_ #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [MOBS] MOBS

hey all ...  I have been playing this game on and off for the last 6 year ... in the last six months I have noticed ...  what ever tank I drive or whatever speed I am at  ...  everyone seems to hit and pen ..  I cannot block damage for nothing  ... getting penned in the most ridiculous angles and Ways ... I have contacted wargaming about this issue ..  they said it’s a potential bug ..  and it told me to come to the forums ...  I also feel there is a couple second time delay .  Just wondering if anybody has this issue  ? 

UrQuan #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As you seem to be a good player, I took a brief look at the tanks you drive. For the most part, getting penned anywhere in your fav tanks should be an expected feature, they're not exactly known for their armor. The MM with its 3-5-7 system favours alot of bottom tier play only enhances this (low armor tanks being bottomtier won't resist many shots). So no bug at play, just game mechanics.

The Defender stats are an oddity tho, but remember, while that tank is strong it is not invulnerable. It also plays quite different from most paper tanks you got honestly. So can be you have trouble grasping how to play it properly & constantly overextend or put it in bad situations because you either failed to accommodate for its bad mobility (it can't pull out dangerous situations as fast as most of your more mobile played tanks) or read too much into the Defender is OP!' thing. It is a strong tank, as long as you play the tank to its strengths. Else it becomes a weak tank, like all tanks that aren't played to their strengths.

I feel a few replays in tanks with armor can help us more to explain what is going on. My suspicion atm is lack of armor knowledge, due to your limited play in armored tanks.

Golly_ #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [MOBS] MOBS
This happened before the re-roll as well ..  are used to use the maus  a lot and couldn’t block a single shot ...  I even had other players have another look at the angles and they said that it should block ... but every time they penned  ...  I also used to have the is7...  I put this in a hole down situation  ...  90% of the time player  pend  it !!  I just feel there is something seriously wrong ...  I wouldn’t go on that with the tanks I have been using in the stats you have been looking at at the moment  

And also ...   I was driving left to right  ... at around 50kph ..  there was tanks around 300 to 450 m away  ...  all driving towards me  ...  shooting on the move ..  this varies from lights to mediums and heavies  ...  not one shot missed  ...  I watch the replay over and over ..  every single tank hit and penned   Shooting on the move

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 38769 battles
  • [322] 322

Customer Service suggested it was a bug? That seems highly unlikely, but then again penetrators markers have been inaccurate, misplaced (sometimes flat out missing) for quite some time now and they did admit back then it was an issue being looked into. That was 1,5 - 2 years ago however.

Anyway, both your posts tell us nothing. Provide replays please, as your recounts seem highly improbably and most likely what you claim has happened did not actually happen.

_The_Dane_ #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1389 battles

As in every other post - supply some replays for the community to look at.to be able to help you better.

This line is interesting: "I have contacted wargaming about this issue ..  they said it’s a potential bug and it told me to come to the forums"
Could you post you communication with WG as well because that is interesting that they themselfes talk about bug and direct you to the forums.

Golly_ #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [MOBS] MOBS
Why would I lie in saying that they told me it may be a bug ... don’t see the logic in lying ... I have a problem with my game and I’m trying to resolve ..

No matter what tank are use I can never block damage

Every tank what far as at me no matter what distance ... or if they’re shooting on the move ... it will hit and pen
11:21 Added after 3 minutes

Hello Golly_,
Thank you for contacting us.

The game's physics is not perfect. Since World of Tanks is an arcade game, some mechanics you find in the game are not 100% real. World of Tanks aims for a fun, balanced and fairly easy game to play and enjoy. However, if you experienced some kind of bug, please, feel free to report it: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/692561-update-13-bug-reports/

Our developers work constantly to make the game better and they want to know what the players dislike so that they can change it.

If you would want to see something added, changed, or just give your opinion about it, you can do it in our official forums. You can see how/where, here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10231/

May there be anything game related we can help with, please, let us know.

With best regards,

Dear Golly_,

Unfortunately, we as the Support don't have any influence on game development or on changes in vehicles.
We are here to make people understand game mechanics, missions mechanics, some technical issues they are facing, etc.
We can't resolve people's complaints.

Only the balance department deals with changes of vehicles or the game.

If you have any suggestions please post them on our forums:

Edited by Golly_, 06 January 2019 - 12:23 PM.

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 38769 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Why would I lie in saying that they told me it may be a bug ... don’t see the logic in lying ... I have a problem with my game and I’m trying to resolve ..

Every tank what far as at me no matter what distance ... or if they’re shooting on the move ... it will hit and pen

No one accused you of lying, at least I didn't, and I don't think _The_Dane_ did either. We're just surprised, that's all. If you could copy/paste that snip of the response, without providing the name of the agent that would be great. Support suggested you come to the forum, so at least try to provide as much details as to what seems to be the problem. Replays of any such weird situations would be a great help.

N.B. It's very hard to determine what is happening going by your 'descriptions' alone, and as mentioned before you're currently not playing any armored vehicles so getting penetrated a lot when hit is to be expected.

Edit: So Customer Support did not at all, in any way, suggest it is a bug. They merely instructed you where to report a bug, should you believe you've come across one...

Edited by AliceUnchained, 06 January 2019 - 12:27 PM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4306 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
:popcorn:

UrQuan #9 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Because of previous claims. People have complained their 'perfectly angled Maus got penned' while replays showed they didn't angle at all, giving the enemy free pens with even standard ammo. Or the good old claim of 'tank vanishes close to me in open field' while replays shows it was 400 meters... In trees... Or the legendary 'OMG he cheated!' replay, that revealed that indeed, there was actually a cheatmod in play, but it was not employed by the accused (he was innocent) but by the accuser (yes the one who uploaded the replay...)

Note: no-one is calling you a liar, they're just asking for verification of the information provided, because in the past providing replays showed it resolved alot of issues & helped in providing good/great advice or even confirm there are bugs in the game.

Replays simply give us alot more to work with, to give you better advice & in case of actual bug, confirm that yes, it is an actual bug. This is how the Skorpion camo bug of the holiday season got fixed so fast, people uploaded screenshots of the bug & after it was verified, others joined in to collaborate & expose the bug to the WG dev team by thanks to the WG forum moderators, giving them the ability to fix it fast.

A replay is generally asked because sadly alot of people do mis-interpret alot of things & replays help to clear it up for both sides fast. If you have a problem blocking damage, unique to yoru account, then you should be able to upload replays of it & that way you can also help out others who also suffer this issue, but haven't come out with it. (Bcause if the skorpion camo bug showed anything, it is possible that one account gets affected, while another isn't & replays help alot in exposing odd features.

Edited by UrQuan, 06 January 2019 - 12:28 PM.

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23164 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

To this point in time......

Direct hits recieved......7,731

Penetrations recieved......5,929.

Average direct hits per battle......3.79

Average penetrations per battle....2.91

Next!

250swb #11 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

..  they said it’s a potential bug .. 

No they didn't say your problems are a potential bug, but a 'bug' was what you wanted to hear because it can't be you.

But lots of things have changed over the past year or so, new tanks and a player style that is more aggressive and carefree especially on weekends. The secret, if there is one, is to start with yourself and don't do 'the same old thing' if that's what's getting you penned, take a step back and work out first a defense against the enemy and how they play. When you have re-set your defense strategy move on to your attack strategy. You may find yourself being more careful and the pace has changed, but if that's what it takes... 

Edited by 250swb, 06 January 2019 - 01:28 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #12 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

hey all ...  I have been playing this game on and off for the last 6 year ... in the last six months I have noticed ...  what ever tank I drive or whatever speed I am at  ...  everyone seems to hit and pen ..  I cannot block damage for nothing  ... getting penned in the most ridiculous angles and Ways ... I have contacted wargaming about this issue ..  they said it’s a potential bug ..  and it told me to come to the forums ...  I also feel there is a couple second time delay .  Just wondering if anybody has this issue  ?

You mostly play light tanks and paper medium tanks, what on Earth do you expect?

I see you have a Defender, that's called a heavy tank. Heavy tanks have armor that can actually bounce enemy shells relatively reliably, try playing those a bit more often?

Tanks like the KV-1 at tier 5, the O-I at tier 6, etc., they will bounce plenty of shells.

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18772 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

11:21 Added after 3 minutes

Hello Golly_,
Thank you for contacting us.

The game's physics is not perfect. Since World of Tanks is an arcade game, some mechanics you find in the game are not 100% real. World of Tanks aims for a fun, balanced and fairly easy game to play and enjoy. However, if you experienced some kind of bug, please, feel free to report it: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/692561-update-13-bug-reports/

Our developers work constantly to make the game better and they want to know what the players dislike so that they can change it.

If you would want to see something added, changed, or just give your opinion about it, you can do it in our official forums. You can see how/where, here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10231/

May there be anything game related we can help with, please, let us know.

With best regards,

Dear Golly_,

Unfortunately, we as the Support don't have any influence on game development or on changes in vehicles.
We are here to make people understand game mechanics, missions mechanics, some technical issues they are facing, etc.
We can't resolve people's complaints.

Only the balance department deals with changes of vehicles or the game.

If you have any suggestions please post them on our forums:

So they didnt say it was a bug, only that you think you have a potential bug.

They gave you 2 links so that you could report a potential bug and/or to provide WG with feedback. Have you tried those links? 

As others have said, if you want players to help explain things that are happening, you need to post some replays. Otherwise we cannot help you. 

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 06 January 2019 - 02:10 PM.

Archaean #14 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16029 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
I not sure if serious or troll.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30999 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

This happened before the re-roll as well .. are used to use the maus a lot and couldn’t block a single shot ... I even had other players have another look at the angles and they said that it should block ... but every time they penned ... I also used to have the is7... I put this in a hole down situation ... 90% of the time player pend it !! I just feel there is something seriously wrong ... I wouldn’t go on that with the tanks I have been using in the stats you have been looking at at the moment

And also ... I was driving left to right ... at around 50kph .. there was tanks around 300 to 450 m away ... all driving towards me ... shooting on the move .. this varies from lights to mediums and heavies ... not one shot missed ... I watch the replay over and over .. every single tank hit and penned Shooting on the move

If you're getting penned every time is an IS7 and a Maus then you just aren't using your armour properly, simple as that.

Post up a replay as Urquan suggested and he'll tell you what you're doing wrong as he's the resident heavy tank maestro.

Jigabachi #16 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Impossible to discuss with a few replays showing those weird penetrations.

But the support answer is once againt as incompetent as it could get.

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23164 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostJigabachi, on 06 January 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Impossible to discuss with a few replays showing those weird penetrations.

But the support answer is once againt as incompetent as it could get.

I checked on wot-news....he bounces about a third of the shots that hit him. So, his view of what's actually happening in game is heavily obscured by his biased perception of being hit all the time, he's ignoring the times he's actually bounced shots.  

AliceUnchained #18 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 38769 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 January 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

I checked on wot-news....he bounces about a third of the shots that hit him. So, his view of what's actually happening in game is heavily obscured by his biased perception of being hit all the time, he's ignoring the times he's actually bounced shots.  

In addition, we will never get to see any replays, and even if we do OP will reject any explanation given to him/her/it. Alternatively, we will never hear from OP again in this thread.

Soup_Potato #19 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 January 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

On top of that I'm guessing he ignores all the shots that miss him as well, even though he claims this:

View PostGolly_, on 06 January 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

And also ... I was driving left to right ... at around 50kph .. there was tanks around 300 to 450 m away ... all driving towards me ... shooting on the move .. this varies from lights to mediums and heavies ... not one shot missed ... I watch the replay over and over .. every single tank hit and penned Shooting on the move

:facepalm:

If you were able to watch the replay, can we get it too? Of course after that we should start off from a clean table and determine what is actually your problem and what could be done to help you.

Homer_J #20 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Explain those 6 Steel Wall and 12 Shellproof awards I see on your service record?

I have a question, I don't mean to be rude but.  Do you spend a high proportion of your time under a bridge scaring billy goats?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users