Game Mesh Not Ever Worked On?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

MightyBalls_2 #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4921 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

World Of Tanks came out saying the things its working on for 2019.But nowhere does it mention the terrian mesh.

One thing I never complained about in the old engine was that I can not shoot at tanks when close to rocks, buildings or the brow of small hill areas.

This is a huge deal because it makes you show more of your tank than is needed just so you can get a shot off on them.

Why War Gaming came out with something so game breaking in the first place is beyond me.

I only ask if its ever going to be addressed because nothing is ever mentioned regarding this.

Stop redoing maps, adding removing point of interest and just simply fix them.

AliceUnchained #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 38769 battles
  • [322] 322

Do you even know what a mesh is? 

Just replace your potato machine and turn up terrain details. That should solve your 'problem'.

Sfinski #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
I'm guessing you mean hitboxes. Ya, they suck.

UrQuan #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The terrain hitboxes are an issue on some maps indeed. Best way to go about it when you run into an obvious one is to sent a replay to the support & give them the timestamp along with info where the game map hitbox doesn't correlate with graphics.

Sure most customer support will likely reply with some standard mumbo jumbo, but with enough folks doing it, some map changes could happen for the rare folks who run into a good customer support guy & they have provided good & detailed info to help him along.

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18773 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostUrQuan, on 06 January 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

The terrain hitboxes are an issue on some maps indeed. Best way to go about it when you run into an obvious one is to sent a replay to the support & give them the timestamp along with info where the game map hitbox doesn't correlate with graphics.

Sure most customer support will likely reply with some standard mumbo jumbo, but with enough folks doing it, some map changes could happen for the rare folks who run into a good customer support guy & they have provided good & detailed info to help him along.

or post that replay and timestamp info into the appropriate sub-forum of the Current Update. 

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 06 January 2019 - 03:03 PM.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 38769 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 06 January 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

or post that replay and timestamp info into the appropriate sub-forum of the Current Update. 

Indeed. Even posting it here would have been a good first step already.

Sfinski #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Posting it here doesn't really do anything. Every map has those broken hitboxes. I'd need to be paid to start posting them every time I encounter them. WG should just start fixing them already. It's been ages now since 1.0 came with these problems.

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 70121 battles
Terrain is a mess and some tanks use their drivers to aim. But do as Alice say and get a better computer, that'll surely fix it. 

MightyBalls_2 #9 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4921 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 January 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Do you even know what a mesh is? 

Just replace your potato machine and turn up terrain details. That should solve your 'problem'.

FYI:

CPU 7700K

GPU: 2080TI

RAM: 32Gb 3200Mhz DDr4

M.2 SSD Hard Drive.

15:44 Added after 2 minutes

View PostSfinski, on 06 January 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

I'm guessing you mean hitboxes. Ya, they suck.

Yeah the terrian mesh.

I develop map mods for ARK on the EPIC engine, so I know how hard it can be to get the terrian mesh to be exact without making the potato computers die.

But I would hope that War Gaming are better than I for creating maps.

15:45 Added after 3 minutes

View PostUrQuan, on 06 January 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I tried this and all I got was a generic email with nothing to do with what my support was about, and they was even kind enough to close the ticket so I could not reply.

Edited by MightyBalls_2, 06 January 2019 - 04:47 PM.

AliceUnchained #10 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 38769 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 06 January 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

FYI:

CPU 7700K

GPU: 2080TI

RAM: 32Gb 3200Mhz DDr4

M.2 SSD Hard Drive.

15:44 Added after 2 minutes

Yeah the terrian mesh.

I develop map mods for ARK on the EPIC engine, so I know how hard it can be to get the terrian mesh to be exact without making the potato computers die.

But I would hope that War Gaming are better than I for creating maps.

Then surely you must realize that what you'be posted here initially it utterly useless. Developers won't read it, and without details it won't be passed along either.

MightyBalls_2 #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4921 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 January 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Then surely you must realize that what you'be posted here initially it utterly useless. Developers won't read it, and without details it won't be passed along either.

Actually the developers do read the forums, I have spoken to a few over the years, but this post was not about getting noticed by the developers to be honest.

I was just venting my anger at War Gaming.

I have had 2 years out and left the game with the game at least playing OK (only thing to worry about was OP tanks), and I come back and its playing worst.

The only thing we worried about was OP tanks, Arty and the occassional matchmaking flop.

Now everything is worst, map design, map meshes, OP tanks, Arty, Matchmaking.... But this is another story and not what this post is about lol.

War Gaming are he only company where 10 years on the game is more broken in regards to bugs than they were 5-6 years ago.

I have been playing this game for about 6 years, on this account and my main playing account and this game is simply getting worst in regards to simple things like meshes(hitbox) on terrian, tanks and other things.

Edited by MightyBalls_2, 07 January 2019 - 09:55 AM.

Joggaman #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24655 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 07 January 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Now everything is worst, map design, map meshes, OP tanks, Arty, Matchmaking.... But this is another story and not what this post is about lol.

War Gaming are he only company where 10 years on the game is more broken in regards to bugs than they were 5-6 years ago.

I have been playing this game for about 6 years, on this account and my main playing account and this game is simply getting worst in regards to simple things like meshes(hitbox) on terrian, tanks and other things.

I disagree. 

MightyBalls_2 #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4921 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

View PostJoggaman, on 07 January 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

I disagree. 

Which part to you disagree with? all of it or some of it?

• Map design is worse? So you think that corridor maps and adding camping areas in corner of corridors is better?
  • Map Meshes are Worse? Tell me when people ever noticed or complained that an invisible wall stopped thier shots because the mesh (hitbox) does not align with the graphics.
  • Arty not being worse? You telling me that getting stunned all game and the arties being more accurate is better than getting hit for big damage once and a while by their inaccurate guns?
  • Matchmaking being worse? You telling me that getting bottom tier 80% of the time is better than getting it 33% of the time?

I would love to hear a little more than just I disagree?

Edited by MightyBalls_2, 07 January 2019 - 05:03 PM.

eekeeboo #14 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45892 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
Well, I'm reading this and as admitted by the OP it wasn't mean to be constructive but venting anger. Either turn this constructive ladies and gents or another lock will be incoming! 

malachi6 #15 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50815 battles
Is it poor hit boxes or the relationship between zoomed view and gun location, as was highlighted in a recent post regarding the 60tp and its zoomed view.

pecopad #16 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24934 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 January 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Well, I'm reading this and as admitted by the OP it wasn't mean to be constructive but venting anger. Either turn this constructive ladies and gents or another lock will be incoming! 

OK, challenged accepted...

Can you please give us a time frame, roadmap, for the bugs that are being reported for years?

Namelly:

Terrain and tank Hit boxes problem

Arty and tank reticle bugs

Lag spikes during high traffic seasons

Lets be constructive and start a two way conversation between the fan base and WG, because if you don't do it, the only thing we can do is to vent our frustrations.

eekeeboo #17 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45892 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View Postpecopad, on 07 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

OK, challenged accepted...

Can you please give us a time frame, roadmap, for the bugs that are being reported for years?

Namelly:

Terrain and tank Hit boxes problem

Arty and tank reticle bugs

Lag spikes during high traffic seasons

Lets be constructive and start a two way conversation between the fan base and WG, because if you don't do it, the only thing we can do is to vent our frustrations.

If those things were to be discussed they would be done in their own thread, not in a thread in response to a person trying to derail a topic to their own desires. 

"A constructive discussion, comment, or approach is useful and helpful rather than negative and unhelpful." 

wEight_Tanker #18 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8881 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 January 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hey yeah, let's encourage our players to spend money on game equipment as well. Maybe we'll get more money by showing support to the computer corporations!

Ch1valry #19 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38515 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 January 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Venting or not, OP describes a problem that is very real and which annoys a lot of players. He is also pointing out that Wargaming should fix it. I can't seem to understand why that is not constructive?

MightyBalls_2 #20 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4921 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 January 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

If those things were to be discussed they would be done in their own thread, not in a thread in response to a person trying to derail a topic to their own desires. 

"A constructive discussion, comment, or approach is useful and helpful rather than negative and unhelpful." 

Why would you close a post if you feel there is nothing constructive to say within the post?

The Actual definition to a forum is: "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.".

Contructive definition: "having or intended to have a useful or beneficial purpose.".

Yes I was venting my anger but I do believe that my vent was stil useful and beneficial regardless, and even though there was replies that were not, I still stand by why does it need to be closed because it may not contructive if there is none or little toxicity in regards to the OP or any members within the post.

But I would like to know if War Gaming are aware of this issue because they never ever mention it?

Edited by MightyBalls_2, 08 January 2019 - 08:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users