Jump to content


WoT pc restarts


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Epicwaffle4 #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1388 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-23-2013
so my pc restarts sometimes either when i loaded the game up and i get into the garage or when i finish a match. The only games i have had this issue with is WoT,WoWS and fallout 76 all other games are fine, i would just like some opinions on what the issue might be.

AliceUnchained #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38749 battles
  • 9,071
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011
So what exactly has this to do with game play? Post in the correct subsection, it's not that hard.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
With that information my first guess would be that something is overheating, if that's not the case I'd guess that you've overclocked something to an unstable state which gets put under load while gaming and thus crash the system. If that's not the case you most likely need to update VBIOS/BIOS/UEFI + drivers, if those are up to date my final guess would be a dying GPU or more likely a dying PSU, but I'd also if possible take a look at the MOBO so there ain't any swollen or leaking capacitors on it just to be safe.

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38749 battles
  • 9,071
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 January 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

With that information my first guess would be that something is overheating, if that's not the case I'd guess that you've overclocked something to an unstable state which gets put under load while gaming and thus crash the system. If that's not the case you most likely need to update VBIOS/BIOS/UEFI + drivers, if those are up to date my final guess would be a dying GPU or more likely a dying PSU, but I'd also if possible take a look at the MOBO so there ain't any swollen or leaking capacitors on it just to be safe.

 

Good to see you're still around. Not that I expected you to leave or anything, but you never know when interest is lost or other matters take priority. 

 

I actually had my GTX 980 Ti die on my after 2,5 years. Started with sudden black screens, which I could trace back to TDR crashes through the memory dumps (so actually BSOD, just never showing). Ultimately after a next reboot I just got a screen full of artifacts and no OS boot. Swapped it out for a 780 Ti I still had lying around and system booted again. I RMA'ed it, and 4 weeks later I got a full refund; manufacturer couldn't fix it. A shame, as I liked that card. But I got a 1080 Ti instead, so no loss there. 



Balc0ra #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67999 battles
  • 17,619
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostEpicwaffle4, on 06 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

so my pc restarts sometimes either when i loaded the game up and i get into the garage or when i finish a match. The only games i have had this issue with is WoT,WoWS and fallout 76 all other games are fine, i would just like some opinions on what the issue might be.

 

Restarting alone is not much go by. Nor is 76, as that could actually be the game doing it for all we know. Check your temps on GPU etc. 

SuedKAT #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 January 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

 

Good to see you're still around. Not that I expected you to leave or anything, but you never know when interest is lost or other matters take priority. 

 

I actually had my GTX 980 Ti die on my after 2,5 years. Started with sudden black screens, which I could trace back to TDR crashes through the memory dumps (so actually BSOD, just never showing). Ultimately after a next reboot I just got a screen full of artifacts and no OS boot. Swapped it out for a 780 Ti I still had lying around and system booted again. I RMA'ed it, and 4 weeks later I got a full refund; manufacturer couldn't fix it. A shame, as I liked that card. But I got a 1080 Ti instead, so no loss there. 

 

I actually came across a fellow 322 player on Airfield the other day and told him to send my regards but got informed that you hadn't been online in a while, so good to see you back as well. Had a 980 Ti for a long time as well, if I'm not mistaken it was the founders edition, sadly it had a similar end to yours, first ever GPU to die on me to be honest. Was a bit disheartening to see since I still have a bunch of legacy stuff that's working just fine and I really take care of my systems, but then again even if your the most careful person in the world stuff might die on you anyhow. When that card died it actually motivated me to build an entirely new system which was incredibly fun since it was the first time I tried custom water cooling, bending hard tubing was quite challenging the first time around though!

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38749 battles
  • 9,071
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 January 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

I actually came across a fellow 322 player on Airfield the other day and told him to send my regards but got informed that you hadn't been online in a while, so good to see you back as well. Had a 980 Ti for a long time as well, if I'm not mistaken it was the founders edition, sadly it had a similar end to yours, first ever GPU to die on me to be honest. Was a bit disheartening to see since I still have a bunch of legacy stuff that's working just fine and I really take care of my systems, but then again even if your the most careful person in the world stuff might die on you anyhow. When that card died it actually motivated me to build an entirely new system which was incredibly fun since it was the first time I tried custom water cooling, bending hard tubing was quite challenging the first time around though!

 

Same here actually, first one to die on me. Asus Matrix Platinum for me. Nothing weird going on, temps never going above 70-72º but then again VRM and memory temps weren't shown so hard to say what was really going on. 

 

I am now in the process of gathering components for a new system, but just can't decide on a mobo just yet to go with the 9700K. Coincidentally enough, also contemplating going for custom water loop for the first time. Considering the Lian-Li PC-011WGX as the case to put it all in.



Homer_J #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30162 battles
  • 32,276
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
My off the top of my head guess with so little information to go by would be a faulty PSU.

4nt #9 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24121 battles
  • 320
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013
Have you deleted the WoT cache?

PervyPastryPuffer #10 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31920 battles
  • 2,686
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Possible causes: Overheating or Faulty PSU

 

Check your temps, if you're running hot, try dusting the PC.

 

If you hear a loud click every time your PC restarts (the click coming from your PSU) it's mostly likely on its last leg and that means you better start saving up for a new one (though TBH they're relatively inexpensive, depends on how powerful your PC is, obviously).



Renesco #11 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 22177 battles
  • 535
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
I'd like to help you but the fact you paid for Fallout 76 may mean there's no hope for you at all.

SuedKAT #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 January 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

 

Same here actually, first one to die on me. Asus Matrix Platinum for me. Nothing weird going on, temps never going above 70-72º but then again VRM and memory temps weren't shown so hard to say what was really going on. 

 

I am now in the process of gathering components for a new system, but just can't decide on a mobo just yet to go with the 9700K. Coincidentally enough, also contemplating going for custom water loop for the first time. Considering the Lian-Li PC-011WGX as the case to put it all in.

 

Exactly the same experience here, temps and overall performance was great until the day it sadly wasn't anymore, good point, didn't even consider it until now but it might have been the VRM or Memory running hot, at the time I wasn't that focused on the card it self but more the fact that I would be missing several raids in WoW, was badly addicted back then. Since then I've been into building a lot more, especially when it comes to older systems and to cool some of those things you need to get creative, well at least if you want to utilize their max potential and not have them burn out in days, my Voodoo 2 SLI setup is still going strong as an example. Now a days though when we got sensors on most things and cooling solutions can get even more creative than what I ever could have guessed back then it's so much easier to keep track of things, not to mention that I find it strangely therapeutic to take my computer apart and clean it I haven't had a single component die on me since then, well I go through peripherals quite quickly regardless of if they are high end brand stuff or cheap Ali Express bulk things but still.

 

My guess if you're getting an 9700k and water-cooling is that you have intentions to overclock the system or at least want to have the possibility to do so, as a strong Asus and MSI fanboy I would mostly look at their products so I would most likely be choosing between these 3,  ASUS Prime Z390-A, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero or MSI MPG Z390. Then again other brands have mobo's that at least reviewers seem to like but they are from brands I or people around me have had issues with in the past, not necessarily mobo issues but other things, so they wouldn't be my first picks due to that. Have fun with the custom water loop, if it's hard tubing buy some extra since you will make mistakes and it's easy to heat to much or not heat all around sufficiently to get some less than stellar results, at least at first. Also even though you can't argue with the fact that adding some dye to the coolant often will make it look epic be prepared to do more frequent maintenance, I generally flush and refill my systems once a year, haven't had any corrosion, leaks or similar issues so far.

 

 

 

 



Alabamatick #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 3,179
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 06 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

My off the top of my head guess with so little information to go by would be a faulty PSU.

 

When i had restarting problems a few years ago, i changed from 4gb ocz reaper (very low timings)  to 8gb mushkin radioactive (w/ higher timings) and the problem went away

 

Edit: and the maps loaded faster too


Edited by Alabamatick, 07 January 2019 - 06:55 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users