Where to report bug.. with X-mas catalog collection ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Kozuth #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27092 battles

To where or whom do i report fund bugs ??

i got to tier x in x-mas tree. when i started to collect tier five decorations in the china decorations i get the same decoration over and over.. 

i cant create the missing pieces so i get the china camo :-/

So thats a real bummer.. I think this is a bug because in all other tiers you got the piece in the scrapbook that was missing. 

Does anyone know were to report this? So it gets corrected and hopefully i can get my wasted shards back.

Best regards

Kozuth

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25243 battles

There is no bug. It's random.

And when it's random, random things happen.

You are being asked, by WG, to dip your hand in your pocket to complete the collections.

Soup_Potato #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

Just to mention to everyone

Do not craft decorations now. Wait till the last day. You will still be able to get the decorations from boxes so you are wasting your shards crafting something now.

Only craft IF you haven't reached festive lvl 10 or IF you haven't unlocked the 5th level in the books to get 50% bonuses.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 06 January 2019 - 09:06 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28596 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostKozuth, on 06 January 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

To where or whom do i report fund bugs ??

i got to tier x in x-mas tree. when i started to collect tier five decorations in the china decorations i get the same decoration over and over.. 

i cant create the missing pieces so i get the china camo :-/

So thats a real bummer.. I think this is a bug because in all other tiers you got the piece in the scrapbook that was missing. 

Does anyone know were to report this? So it gets corrected and hopefully i can get my wasted shards back.

Best regards

Kozuth

not a bug.

this is done on purpose.

20:03 Added after 0 minutes

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 06 January 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

There is no bug. It's random.

And when it's random, random things happen.

You are being asked, by WG, to dip your hand in your pocket to complete the collections.

it's only slightly random.

Soup_Potato #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 06 January 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

it's only slightly random.

Any proof of it being ''slightly'' random?

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11769 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Not slightly. Its randomTM

Balc0ra #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68047 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSoup_Potato, on 06 January 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Any proof of it being ''slightly'' random?

As much proof as there are of it not being random. As getting the same one 5 times in a row is not much to go on. As I've gotten that, as I've gotten one out of each in 3 attempts. 

Getting the same decoration 5 times in a row out of 3 different variants. Means you have a 33% chance of getting the one you want each time. So the odds of getting the same 5 times in a row is not one out of a million is it? If it was I could see your point. But it's not. It's a fairly large chance of getting it 5 times in a row. Just like you have a chance of getting one of each with 3 attempts. As it's not like you have a 0.1%. And when the chance is that high on getting the one you want on one go, anything can happen as there is no failsafe to prevent you from getting something you already owned. Because if it was, then it really would not be random then either would it? 

And when there is only two different items, and you need one of them. It's a 50% chance to get the one you already have. So the chance of getting the same one 5 times in a row then is even bigger. It's not complicated. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 January 2019 - 09:18 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSoup_Potato, on 06 January 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

Only craft IF you haven't reached festive lvl 10 or IF you haven't unlocked the 5th level in the books to get 50% bonuses.

I'm not sure it's worth wasting shards to get from 40% to 50% unless you only need one or two decorations and can do them with some random selection.

20:15 Added after 1 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 January 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

As much proof as there are of it not being random. As getting the same one 5 times in a row is not much to go on. As I've gotten that, as I've gotten one out of each in 3 attempts. 

Getting the same decoration 5 times in a row out of 3 different variants. Means you have a 33% chance of getting the one you want each time. So the odds of getting the same 5 times in a row is not one out of a million is it? If it was I could see your point. But it's not. It's a fairly large chance of getting it 5 times in a row. Just like you have a chance of getting one of each with 3 attempts. As it's not like you have a 0.1%. And when the chance is that high on getting the one you want on one go, anything can happen as there is no failsafe to prevent you from getting something you already owned. Because if it was, then it really would not be random then either would it? 

And nobody ever get the decoration they wanted and thinks, hey, I'll see what happens if I push the button again.

Soup_Potato #9 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 January 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

I think you mixed us up a bit, I'm not the one claiming it to not be random. And I'm asking for proof from the people who keep claiming it's rigged (only with different phrasing).

Kozuth #10 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27092 battles

Thanks Guys for your replies. Very nice of you. 

Rigged, Random or not.. Its still very irretating to get the same thing 3 times in a row in the scrap book. If it were random collection at lev 5of the ones u didnt have i could get it. But random in same collection .. that just sucks.. especially when you dont have time to play WoT 24/7. I already got the 50% bonus but it would be fun to have the x-mas camo..

Take care everyone i hope you get a really good 2019. 

Kozuth

HassenderZerhacker #11 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28596 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostSoup_Potato, on 06 January 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

I think you mixed us up a bit, I'm not the one claiming it to not be random. And I'm asking for proof from the people who keep claiming it's rigged (only with different phrasing).

actually, both theories need proof.

if it's random with equiprobable cases, results should conform to statistical distribution laws.

empirical data so far, including my own from last year, seems to suggest that cases are not equiprobable.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 06 January 2019 - 11:00 PM.

Blubba #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55961 battles

Does 'random' = 'equiprobable' then?

Don't misunderstand me. I don't like that decorider thing at all but 'random' is an absolute [edited]to prove/disprove.

Incidentally, I don't believe it's random but I don't care what any one else says about that. I don't need to prove it and I clearly have a lot less faith in WG than some but again, that's purely me. At no point have I been led to understand that it is random or at least, any more than I was led to believe I was getting a crew when in fact all I was getting was a crew member and several other instances of disingenuous announcements.

How about all premium tanks would be offered at a discount?

It's just a bit disappointing that's all. Don't expect anything and if it happens, bonus. It is, so they say, FTP after all.

Edited by Blubba, 07 January 2019 - 12:41 AM.

Soup_Potato #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostBlubba, on 07 January 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

I clearly have a lot less faith in WG than some but again, that's purely me.

The problem with this of course is that you lost faith at some point but now you are still reflecting that lost faith to whatever they do. Same goes for a lot of people here, their first reaction is ''oh but it's WG so it must be rigged or bad or negative in general''. This also shows whenever we get free stuff, there is still the part of player base in the announcement threads who complain and complain just because it's WG. If only people just stopped spreading useless negativity.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #14 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 25243 battles

I didn't get Emlyn Hughes in my Panini 1975 album.

It was rigged.

They only made 3 of them, for the whole world.

It's a fix..!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users