Wargaming, 322 thanks you for fixing platoons

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Body_Count #1 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62280 battles
  • [322] 322

The platoon bug that was around for years had a bad effect on 322. There was way less platooning going on, it was simply a huge waste of time to get a full platoon running and having to wait for everyone to join it.  So thank you in the name of 322 for fixing this. Now we can terrorize the enemies once again in full effect with full platoons, carry our teams and be a bright light of hope to all the hopeless noobs that get us in their teams, they can rejoice once again that a battle that would surely be lost, will most likely be won and carried by glorious 322 players. Now we are appreciated once again and praised like gods among mortals, with women throwing flowers in front of our feet when we enter battle.

Even the clickers in our teams are again listening to where we expect them to aim and cover and are ready to contribute to the win. While there is still some resistance occasionally, among some random yellow noob teammates, with their crap 48-50% wr, who think they can ignore what they're commanded by 322's platoon of unicums and who think they know better then 60%+ wr players, I'm sure that when enough time passes and their low IQ brains finally manage to process the information, they too will come to the conclusion, that just listening to the better ones then themselves, benefits the whole team and that just by being good soldiers and accepting a role of mindless drone in team will raise their chances of experiencing the joy of victory. Don't worry guys, we'll do the thinking for you and compensate for your shortcomings. 

:izmena: 

Thank you!

Edited by Body_Count, 07 January 2019 - 11:37 AM.

TankkiPoju #2 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21294 battles
On a second note, that Body Count album is still great.

enu_ #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22763 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
album is awesome, hard core 90s rap

kubawt112 #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [CSA-A] CSA-A

Is this about how the matchmaking took a dump on platoons, or am I mistaken?

Also, can you ask your likeminded [322] members to post more on the forums? If they're anything like you it's a shame they're not using their powers for good both on the forum and in-game. Thanks in advance.

Dikkeh0nd #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22522 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 January 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

On a second note, that Body Count album is still great.

I saw them on Graspop this year in belgium.. they should have stayed in the 90's sadly enough. :(

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21294 battles

View Postenu_, on 07 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

album is awesome, hard core 90s rap

Ice-T and Body Count really nailed that rap - metal crossover with the first album. Great lyrics, great songs, thrash riffs, old school rap/early hip hop songs... what's not to like!

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23164 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Now...if only WG can fix for me to be carried more often with 322 platoons. That way I can take more tea-breaks during battle.:hiding:

Body_Count #8 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62280 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postkubawt112, on 07 January 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Is this about how the matchmaking took a dump on platoons, or am I mistaken?

Also, can you ask your likeminded [322] members to post more on the forums? If they're anything like you it's a shame they're not using their powers for good both on the forum and in-game. Thanks in advance.

There was a bug persisting for around 3 years, you couldn't accept invite if the person that sent platoon invite entered battle. It was extremely unpractical, because the 2 guys in platoon had to just wait for third guy to join. Also if you didn't have players on your friend list and sent invite to whole clan, sometimes they didn't get invite at all. So to set platoon up, you had to tell it to people in clan, then you had to tell them you've sent them invite, then they told you they didn't receive it, then you put them under friends, sent it again. After some time people naturally didn't feel wasting 15 minutes of their lives doing nothing waiting for that platoon to fill up. It was a complete waste of everyone's time. Now it's back as it should have been. You spam invite to clan and go play and platoon fills up while you're in battle and you don't need to have whole clan under friend list anymore either, everyone's getting invites. 

But yeah, new mm did take a dump on platoons a bit, harder to win now, under old mm we had occasional 30-40 win strikes platooning, this ain't happening under new mm with 10 td's per side. But platoons that have at least 2 tanks with speed and armor can still be very effective. having obj 260, 430u and obj 268 4 or some similiar composition will still crush everything in front on every map in vast majority of cases. 

Edited by Body_Count, 07 January 2019 - 12:02 PM.

eldrak #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49237 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W
Ah, the bugs from the introduction of dynamic platoons. I too am happy to see some old superior functionalities brought back to the game.

fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50451 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I noticed this recently as well when all of a sudden someone 'not in the platoon' started talking in the platoon chat in game. I thought it was some bug. That some bug got fixed didn't even come to mind :)

nakkipeppu #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31865 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

At some point I started questioning myself, if I'm just suffering from some sort of psychosis, thinking that once upon the time you could join a platoon in another server even if they were ingame.

I repeatedly had to ask people if I'm imagining it, or did it actually work at some point ? There was no plausible reason why'd they break that and never got around to fix, and how this wasn't topping all the "what's wrong with WoT" lists. Years passed, and still no fix, and I started thinking maybe me and people that remember the time when it used to work are suffering from some kind of mass psychosis. Then, the whole thing just seemed to fade in some kind of myth or legend status, I feared that at some point I would be referred as that weird old guy that claims he saw a bigfoot, but never got any concrete proof. People would listen to my rant with some interest, then look at each other giving a knowing smirk, shake their head and walk away.

And then they just randomly fixed it. 3-4 years later. No announcement or anything. Didn't help me at all on trying to believe that we're populating the same reality as WG does.

Edited by nakkipeppu, 07 January 2019 - 04:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users