Getting past 2k wn8

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

_Boujee_ #1 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

As the title says, Im currently at 2078 wn and simply cant get past it. On my recent I get like 2100 at max. So flustrating to see ppl getting 4k+ with ease. I tried watching multiple streams, and still cant figure out wtf am I doing wrong. Someone has any advice ?

Thx in advance.

barison1 #2 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38788 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

"4k+ with ease"  those people are rare you know?

an awful lot of players are stuck around 1k wn8 and sub 50% winrates

everyone has their skill ceiling and maybe you hit your own, still 2k wn8 isnt any bad

jabster #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12614 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Post_Boujee_, on 07 January 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

As the title says, Im currently at 2078 wn and simply cant get past it. On my recent I get like 2100 at max. So flustrating to see ppl getting 4k+ with ease. I tried watching multiple streams, and still cant figure out wtf am I doing wrong. Someone has any advice ?

Thx in advance.

Git gud?

_Boujee_ #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View Postbarison1, on 07 January 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

everyone has their skill ceiling and maybe you hit your own

You know, I either way chop hard or suck hard. I do have a lot of games where i get 3-4 k wn BUT I also have many of those with 0-1k wn. I know that i can make it only 3-4 k wn games, there is a way but i cant seem to break trough this glass celling.

View Postbarison1, on 07 January 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

still 2k wn8 isnt any bad

So, would any top 20 clan recruit me ?

Soup_Potato #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Postjabster, on 07 January 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Git gud?

Oh I see we infected you with this phrase  :P

Git gud indeed. OP, If you want to focus purely on wn8 and not WR or anything else, you could just statpad and farm damage in matches. I don't see how that would be enjoyable though and any good clan recruiter/commander will see through this in stats and in action. Another suggestion is to just play the tanks you like and do well in. To do well in most or all tanks you just need to start analyzing your own game play, recognize mistakes, create habits to keep up your situational awareness (look around by holding RMB or watch map, spend as little time in sniper mode as possible etc)

Edited by Soup_Potato, 07 January 2019 - 06:39 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53025 battles

It's very mechanical thing, you do damage, more damage and then some more damage. Sucks the soul out of the battle completely. If you can visualize an old sewing machine there were a part called the vibrating shuttle responsible for creating the stitch. That's what it's like...

battle starts, i will go to K7 and do 3-4 shots of damage

if the team is pushing i will follow and do another 3-4 shots of damage

if they aren't, i will rotate to E6 and try to snipe some more

if there is a breach on the 6 line i will go to B8/9 and snipe some more etc.

and this goes on for the next 20k battles, would you like that???

^ guess the map. :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 07 January 2019 - 06:43 PM.

_Boujee_ #7 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View PostSoup_Potato, on 07 January 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

another suggestion is to just play the tanks you like and do well in.

Yes, ofc i could just play scorp and get that damn 3k+, but that misses the point. maybe i should add that i want to preform well in TX meta tanks as I would like to (in the future) apply to some dope [edited]clans.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20640 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Why do you care about a 3rd party rating when the only important one is WR? It's a competitive team game, so the goal is to win and have fun. Everything else is not important.

_Boujee_ #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 January 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

It's very mechanical thing, you do damage, more damage and then some more damage. Sucks the soul out of the battle completely. If you can visualize an old sewing machine there were a part called the vibrating shuttle responsible for creating the stitch. That's what it's like...

battle starts, i will go to K7 and do 3-4 shots of damage

if the team is pushing i will follow and do another 3-4 shots of damage

if they aren't, i will rotate to E6 and try to snipe some more

if there is a breach on the 6 line i will go to B8/9 and snipe some more etc.

and this goes on for the next 20k battles, would you like that???

^ guess the map. :)

sounds like the game of 3 marking. Been there, done that. You just snipe, farm and lose winrate. But I wonder how can good players get alot of dmg and still win while pushing the frontline ? 

Edited by _Boujee_, 07 January 2019 - 06:48 PM.

Soup_Potato #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Post_Boujee_, on 07 January 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Yes, ofc i could just play scorp and get that damn 3k+, but that misses the point. maybe i should add that i want to preform well in TX meta tanks as I would like to (in the future) apply to some dope [edited]clans.

Well that's why I listed multiple things on my comment, but somehow you ignored them and focused on one part. Like I said, statpadding is a way too but there is absolutely no enjoyment in it, for me at least. Some like to play tanks that they like. For you the last advice I gave applies, you just need to start improving your game play. You have hit your current skill ceiling, which you can still raise by putting effort. People who seem to ''effortlessly'' get high wn8 numbers are already extremely good at the game. Others get high wn8 numbers by tryharding and spamming premium ammo and focusing on statpadding in high tier tanks. They have skill too but not enough to play ''effortlessly'' to get results. Which one of these you want to be? Choose and act accordingly. You don't get good at the game without effort though, so if you choose to start improving, it will take time and effort.

I give you tip though, the road of getting obsessed by wn8 or stats in general is not a good road to take.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 07 January 2019 - 06:49 PM.

_Boujee_ #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View PostDava_117, on 07 January 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Why do you care about a 3rd party rating when the only important one is WR? It's a competitive team game, so the goal is to win and have fun. Everything else is not important.

say it to any decent clan

UrQuan #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If it comforts you, I barely breach 1700 WN8, so by that rating you are better then me. Not really a surprise, alot of people with comparable WR to mine beat my damage-dealing skills easy. I just choose a different to win games. I'm that annoying bastard on the red team that just wont die despite overwhelming green presence. Or that green guy in the front staying alive, beating the odds, making you wonder WTH is going on.

Thing is, WN8 is mainly focused about dealing damage. And the more you stay in battle, the more chances on damage you can do. Those high WN8 folks you see, they all share one thing, they stay alive as long as they can, while at the same time staying in battle for as long as they can. They start dealing damage early, moving forward or falling back depending on the situation & keep their gun in the fight.

To be able to stay alive as long as you can, while at the same time remaining in combat as much as you can is a hard thing to master. And that is what WN8 tries to reflect, how good you are at that.

Oh and don't believe the '4K+ WN8 is ez mode' folks. Sure a (very) good game can exceed 4K WN8. In that it is 'easy' but practically everyone can get such game. If you got an ace (or even 1st or 2nd class) on a tank, you likely got such game(s) already. But to get 4K+ WN8 consistently? You have to have a very good game about every match & that's beyond the skill of most people. That's carrying the team every match. Not one, not twice, every game, no matter how crapthe MM or your team is; you carry them by your damage till your back breaks.

View Post_Boujee_, on 07 January 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

say it to any decent clan

Depends on the definition of a decent clan. For me it means it is a clan of fun people to play with. Like Dingers, Dongers, GLOrious, IDEAL, (now former) FAME, MM and others. Some care more about the WN8 rating then others to recruit, but plenty of nice clans around (even for CW) that don't mind someone like you. Also, having the right tanks for clanwar/skirmish stuff can matter more then having the right WN8 rating.

Edited by UrQuan, 07 January 2019 - 06:55 PM.

TeessideTintin #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8917 battles
You are better than me OP, I sometimes get 2k WN8 for a weekend but it is rare. I usually start around that level or slightly higher but by the end of the bottle of wine I have dipped a few hundred. Still, stats versus wine I know the clear winner in my household (unless you count what pays the wages during the week as I work as a business intelligence consultant and stats is then my thing).

_Boujee_ #14 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View PostSoup_Potato, on 07 January 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

Well that's why I listed multiple things on my comment, but somehow you ignored them and focused on one part.

I didnt ignore any of your advice, the other part you wrote i already tried, without results.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53025 battles

View Post_Boujee_, on 07 January 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

sounds like the game of 3 marking. Been there, done that. You just snipe, farm and lose winrate. But I wonder how can good players get alot of dmg and still win while pushing the frontline ?

You do damage, you kill tanks and eventually you win in that order not...i push, i lose hp then i die and lose the mop up damage. If you want wn8, sharing hp should be very limited. If this is your first account then that's one of the things you need to unlearn. Your damage comes first before the well being of your team.

Stig_Stigma #16 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11345 battles
Play with a good pc. With good mouse abd keyboard. Good internet connection Makes a huge difference. Never seen a good or decent player without these premises...

Play with the best tanks and or meta tanks. Makes a huge difference.  

Spam gold. Makes a huge difference.

Use premium repair kit and premium med kit and premium firr extinguisher.  Add some food, coffee and craplike that for ur crews.  Huge difference.

The few percentage points of difference is skill. The real skill like situatonal awarenes and reflexes.

Sfinski #17 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
You're better than I were at near 12k games. You got plenty of time to improve. I'm just now getting closer to that 4k, and can achieve that by playing the tanks I like, not even close with every tank. Just try to learn from your mistakes and try different things in future battles. Don't chase the stat in the expense of your enjoyment.

_Boujee_ #18 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View PostStig_Stigma, on 07 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Play with a good pc. With good mouse abd keyboard. Good internet connection Makes a huge difference. Never seen a good or decent player without these premises...

Play with the best tanks and or meta tanks. Makes a huge difference.

Spam gold. Makes a huge difference.

Use premium repair kit and premium med kit and premium firr extinguisher. Add some food, coffee and craplike that for ur crews. Huge difference.

You just summed up what I already do and got.

Soup_Potato #19 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Post_Boujee_, on 07 January 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

I didnt ignore any of your advice, the other part you wrote i already tried, without results.

Umm. What exactly you tried? Like I said you have hit your skill ceiling, you can still raise it by putting effort. My guess is that you didn't actually put effort, or not enough effort. You literally need to watch your own replays at this point to find out where the problem lies. For example when I some time ago looked into my own game play, I noticed I needed to take it down a notch, my survival rate was low 30-35% so I lost on the chance of getting the end game damage. WR was still high so it wasn't costing me games but it did cost me damage. Compared to streamers for example I still play too aggressively and have a low patience in certain situations that require somewhat passive play. You need to do this same kind of analyzing to improve. You could also play with better players than yourself, focus on lower tiers (6-8) and get more and more comfortable with the game until hitting the high tiers.

18:02 Added after 1 minute

View PostStig_Stigma, on 07 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Never seen a good or decent player without these premises...

Pretty sure SirFoch played at the level of super unicum in his laptop days. Good mouse and KB applies to fast paced FPSs but this isn't that kind of a game.

_Boujee_ #20 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12603 battles
  • [D__W] D__W

View PostSoup_Potato, on 07 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Umm. What exactly you tried? Like I said you have hit your skill ceiling, you can still raise it by putting effort. My guess is that you didn't actually put effort, or not enough effort. You literally need to watch your own replays at this point to find out where the problem lies. For example when I some time ago looked into my own game play, I noticed I needed to take it down a notch, my survival rate was low 30-35% so I lost on the chance of getting the end game damage. WR was still high so it wasn't costing me games but it did cost me damage. Compared to streamers for example I still play too aggressively and have a low patience in certain situations that require somewhat passive play. You need to do this same kind of analyzing to improve. You could also play with better players than yourself, focus on lower tiers (6-8) and get more and more comfortable with the game until hitting the high tiers.

18:02 Added after 1 minute

Pretty sure SirFoch played at the level of super unicum in his laptop days. Good mouse and KB applies to fast paced FPSs but this isn't that kind of a game.

I tried watching my games and I can see big blunders ( not being patient, rushing etc...) but even if I avoid them, something goes wrong  sometimes I could do alot better in a game. I think that I do need some S.unic to watch my replays and point out every single mistake i do.

Edited by _Boujee_, 07 January 2019 - 07:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users