Jump to content


Trivia time! Who knows what this is?

tanks war in the gulf

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

LandserSkin #1 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32956 battles
  • 242
  • [HTKL] HTKL
  • Member since:
    05-12-2011

Who remembers this hidden gem? This is what actually got me interested in tank games in the first place. I used to play this for hours on my old 486 with Windows 95.

 


Edited by LandserSkin, 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM.


OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25937 battles
  • 3,382
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
'War in the Gulf'. From 1993.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
Stuff like this have been so ruined by Right click + Search Google for image :(

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9072 battles
  • 6,263
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
Some imperialist propaganda game no doubt. :trollface:

Pansenmann #5 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 13,832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I can't find the "guess the tank" thread :ohmy:

 

what tank is this?

 

Spoiler

 



SuedKAT #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
Looks American, and based on T31 I'd say it's most likely the HVSS T31 tracks from the T1 Heavy Tank, however 830 x 150 seems like the metric system so I'm most likely wrong.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostPansenmann, on 08 January 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

what tank is this?

124500!



OIias_of_Sunhillow #8 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25937 battles
  • 3,382
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View PostPansenmann, on 08 January 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

I can't find the "guess the tank" thread :ohmy:

 

what tank is this?

 

Spoiler

 

 

Cromwell ?

Pansenmann #9 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 13,832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

no, it's a T-34-85 :)

 

 



SuedKAT #10 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

Good one, I found no documentation at all that pointed towards that being the case :)

However I guess that's more down to me searching in English and not Russian!



Pansenmann #11 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 13,832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 January 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

Good one, I found no documentation at all that pointed towards that being the case :)

However I guess that's more down to me searching in English and not Russian!

 

you're welcome.

 

actually it was this one

Spoiler

 



Pansenmann #12 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 13,832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

some more pictures, if you are interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7ZjYA



SuedKAT #13 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
Nice pics, was ages ago since I was at a museum or similar, used to visit them with my dad all the time in the past, heck I grew up watching old black and white WW2 documentaries and looking at military equipment!

Pansenmann #14 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 13,832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 January 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

Nice pics, was ages ago since I was at a museum or similar, used to visit them with my dad all the time in the past, heck I grew up watching old black and white WW2 documentaries and looking at military equipment!

 

actually, that is not at a museum but some 10 km away from

the village where my parents live. one of the last of its kind. and it is still able to move by itself (gun breech is removed and the gun itself filled with concrete)



SiliconSidewinder #15 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29055 battles
  • 7,966
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View PostPansenmann, on 14 January 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

some more pictures, if you are interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7ZjYA

 

you should have posed in a heroic soviet... pose, you know?

 

by the way one of the things I love about xcom 2, should definetly play that again.

 

Spoiler


SuedKAT #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostPansenmann, on 15 January 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

 

actually, that is not at a museum but some 10 km away from

the village where my parents live. one of the last of its kind. and it is still able to move by itself (gun breech is removed and the gun itself filled with concrete)

 

Ahh I see, don't have much tanks positioned like that around here, but you'll find plenty of Fighter Jets in similar positions, I drive past two on the way to work each week day, here is probably the best one in the country:



qpranger #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38887 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
The right answer is "abdicate".

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 39141 battles
  • 2,328
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 January 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

 

Ahh I see, don't have much tanks positioned like that around here, but you'll find plenty of Fighter Jets in similar positions, I drive past two on the way to work each week day, here is probably the best one in the country:

 

Saab Viigen? Passed a few "gate guardians" in my time, ill see if I have any pics.



SuedKAT #19 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 17 January 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

 

Saab Viigen? Passed a few "gate guardians" in my time, ill see if I have any pics.

 

Yup, during my time in the Airforce (F7) I had the pleasure to ride in one, same with the Jas 39 Gripen. My favorite plane so far though is the SK 60, had a guy from Team 60 (the show group) take me up in one and when I got back on the ground again I had issues standing up, I puked and I felt miserable for almost an entire day, thankfully they didn't assign me to planes, they gave me an dark blue (rusty) VW Passat and had me drive around looking at stuff instead, I felt immensely useful!

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 39141 battles
  • 2,328
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 17 January 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

 

Yup, during my time in the Airforce (F7) I had the pleasure to ride in one, same with the Jas 39 Gripen. My favorite plane so far though is the SK 60, had a guy from Team 60 (the show group) take me up in one and when I got back on the ground again I had issues standing up, I puked and I felt miserable for almost an entire day, thankfully they didn't assign me to planes, they gave me an dark blue (rusty) VW Passat and had me drive around looking at stuff instead, I felt immensely useful!

 

Sweet.

In my last job a few years back we had a trip in a Puma to drop Santa into local children's hospitals. Hovering over scouse land with doors open looking for the landing site was a definite seat-belt check time.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users