special ammo gold ammo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Luctor_ #1 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36901 battles
  • [SWU] SWU

Why bother taking out a heavy tank, or a medium and try to use the armour?
All special ammo is whats shooting.
Ridiculiously enough, even my lights get the 'special ammo'. Armour is becoming so redundant.  With the 'special' ammo why not make all tanks with light armour? Getting penned anyway.
But. Prove that 3-5-7 template works as intendent cause 2 tier lower can't penetrate you. So there is actually one real benefit to the 3-5-7MM.
QQ&TT
/rant out

Back to, and to everyone; Happy gaming & have fun;)

Crashzi #2 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6290 battles
  • [GO-LD] GO-LD

Yeah people don't even bother to find a weakspot they just press 2 and bam your tanks is a giant weakspot

ihateclowns #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33208 battles
  • [TROP] TROP
Agreed, armour is so usless now thanks to gold we may as well be just driving around in cars with guns

Gixxer66 #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Personally I find HE far more annoying - Perfect sidescraping angle - HE no problem, stay perma tracked and take damage every shot.

Enlighten me where the weakspot is on any number hull down tanks that can be penned without "Special Ammo", or where on a Type 5 it's frontal weakspot(s) are? Even with 268mm on "Special Ammo" pen on the cupola of a VK10.001 you have to hit a very small section at the front, and then it's not a guaranteed pen.

Show me where on Defender you have any chance of penning it frontally with an IS6 shooting std ammo, you point to the tiny cupolas, but try actually hitting them with 0.42 Accuracy and 2.68 second aim time whilst peaking round a corner.

Blame WG for introducing over armored tanks or armor profiles that almost dictate the use of "Special Ammo" to pen. WG created the ever spiraling armor / pen race not the player base. You can't fix one without fixing the other.

Sfinski #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Yet somehow the game is dominated by the heavily armoured tanks instead of the paper ones...

Crashzi #6 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6290 battles
  • [GO-LD] GO-LD

View PostGixxer66, on 07 January 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Personally I find HE far more annoying - Perfect sidescraping angle - HE no problem, stay perma tracked and take damage every shot.

Enlighten me where the weakspot is on any number hull down tanks that can be penned without "Special Ammo", or where on a Type 5 it's frontal weakspot(s) are? Even with 268mm on "Special Ammo" pen on the cupola of a VK10.001 you have to hit a very small section at the front, and then it's not a guaranteed pen.

Show me where on Defender you have any chance of penning it frontally with an IS6 shooting std ammo, you point to the tiny cupolas, but try actually hitting them with 0.42 Accuracy and 2.68 second aim time whilst peaking round a corner.

Blame WG for introducing over armored tanks or armor profiles that almost dictate the use of "Special Ammo" to pen. WG created the ever spiraling armor / pen race not the player base. You can't fix one without fixing the other.

well there is tanks that still can be pen with normal rounds and yeah HE is total (edit) ammorack goes beh gun goes beh crew dies all the time

SuedKAT #7 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As Sfinski mentioned, the game is dominated by heavily armored tanks and overall most of them grant the player a boost in their WR so...

I find high tier HE derps, especially the Jap HT's far more annoying and game breaking, they negate every strength any tank might have and just derp away and do damage regardless. Ohh and while we're at it, with the current meta of corridor maps and no frontal weakspots it's not surprising more and more "special ammo" gets used, it's just natural, players have adapted to the developments of the game which more and more push WoT into a frontal brawl.

UrQuan #8 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Have to say, the reality of the game (see what tanks are used in battle) contradict with your statement. Plenty of armored tanks around of various classes. Issue is that most folks don't bother learning the basics of armor & shell mechanics & then are surprised they're easy penned.

While prem ammo makes things easier in dealing with armor, it isn't an instant solution to it. Especially not with tanks as primary focus when they're played with some thought. High caliber HE on the other hand is much more devastating to armored tanks then prem ammo ever can be. because you can at least bounce/tank prem ammo, but you can't bounce/tank big caliber HE damage.

eekeeboo #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45891 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

We do not need multiple threads (from multiple people) essentially stating the same thing. If you want to vent, please do so in a constructive manner like asking for help on what you could have done better. We DO NOT need more threads stating the same thing because people are having a set of bad games.  

Please turn the thread constructive or things will start getting locked! 

Derethim #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18086 battles

View PostGixxer66, on 07 January 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

HE is more of an issue, yup.

Also, if it would be rebalanced well enough we could finnaly have 'ze Stupa (or Brummbar), or other HE tanks.

GreatSuprendo #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22064 battles

The problem that I have with both 'special' ammo and high tier HE is that it removes almost all of the skill from the game.  Just point and click, no talent required.  Of course since none of new tanks have any weakspots you have no choice some times - yet more dumbing down. 

But it's the way of all MMO games.  They start off being challenging and requiring some skill, but over time they get dumbed down to the lowest common denominator as the publisher tries to get more casual players on board to boost flagging subscription numbers

20:26 Added after 5 minutes
And as to why you still  see lots of heavily armoured tanks?  IMHO they are the most idiot proof class (arty excepted) - even TDs require skill if you don't want a boring game of camping irrelevance.  And is anyone going to disagree that a significant part of the player base is not the most talented in the world?

Edited by GreatSuprendo, 07 January 2019 - 09:27 PM.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLuctor_, on 07 January 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

Ridiculiously enough, even my lights get the 'special ammo'. Armour is becoming so redundant.  With the 'special' ammo why not make all tanks with light armour? Getting penned anyway

And if your glass cannons or lights get special ammo sent their way? Does it matter? They would have penned you regardless. But tbh I use APCR vs lights too. Why? Shell speed, not due to the pen. As if he needs to be taken out before he yolo spots half our team to name one. It's not always due to the pen. Other guns get less pen and more alpha. Like the SU-100Y or the Charioteer. Then it's the other way around. I press 2 on paper targets. Then you have clip guns, they won't press 1 and waste 30 seconds just because they did see a light vs a T95 that was seen behind there last that they expected to find. 

View PostGreatSuprendo, on 07 January 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

The problem that I have with both 'special' ammo and high tier HE is that it removes almost all of the skill from the game.  Just point and click, no talent required.  Of course since none of new tanks have any weakspots you have no choice some times - yet more dumbing down. 

Thing is that Type 4/5 derp is great vs heaviums. Even with normal ammo. Not so much vs other super heavies. As then they do 300 damage and take 750 back. So it's good trades or bad trades with that one. And I suspect it will be worse off with the special ammo change. So until I know how that change pans out. It's not worth getting to annoyed over it, as it won't last either way. 

As for the weakspot issue? Sadly most HT's are still lingering at around 8% chance to pen other equal tier HT's. Or 30% with gold like the IS-6. It should be 40% at the least if they expect HT's to do their role. Not 40% vs everything. But at least vs equal tier HT's. It's why I don't play my IS-6. Buffs were useless. And the special ammo change will make it even more useless doing 250 damage with 225 gold pen vs tier 8 HT's with 440 alpha and 225 normal pen. But who knows. Maybe the IS-6 is on the planned normal ammo change list when they alter the special ammo for it making it and other tanks better off. If not, then that tank will gather more dust then it does now for most. 

View PostCapus, on 07 January 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

There is little point in venting when the devs don't care and keep making things worse. How can we be constructive when WG is destructive to it's own game. This whole thing is just like the arty saga, where WG just ignored it for a year, then pretended for 2 years that everyone liked arty and that there was no problem to then come up with a solution that is even more annoying than the original problem.

Could be because there are plans to change said ammo. Lets at least wait to see how that works out first. As that won't happen today. As it's still in early testing. And if you did not know. WG already said arty is set for a nerf in 2019 too... again. How big? Who knows. Issue is that most players epect their feedback to set an instant change the next patch. Sadly it's not that easy either way. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 January 2019 - 10:15 PM.

wEight_Tanker #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8825 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Just DERP them. You have useless armor but they do too. :trollface:

Luctor_ #14 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36901 battles
  • [SWU] SWU

View PostSfinski, on 07 January 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Yet somehow the game is dominated by the heavily armoured tanks instead of the paper ones...

High HP pool and most damage per shot perhaps? Tradings shots
Object 705 = 2000 HP / 360/600 damage
WZ 132A = 1250 HP / 240/400 damage

(both tier 9)

"But tbh I use APCR vs lights too. Why? Shell speed, not due to the pen."

Sure I take that as an valid argument. It states that the mechanic is even more pay-to-win-more - as a side track. The stay on the side track, I'd like to play my higher tiers but farming to use the special ammo is so costly. I'm just an average player and treat myself with a premium account to also sustain the credit flow, specially on higher tiers.  

There is just so much more going around then just armour, and heavies soak damage the best, but its armour is useless, also as mentioned the shell velocity, but credit income to. 
Now with the idea to change 'special ammo' make it do less damage, just makes the armour of (example) the Japanese heavy line make you shoot it more. Regulair ammo just won't cut it. Its forcing you more and more to use. But its also very expensive. I am reluctant to the idea of going to lower tiers because the high tiers are too expensive to play. The gap between very good players and average players and below just intensifies (expample) equipment with bonds. Load out your tank to the max, spam the 'special ammo' because why not. Why angle to that? Plus the corridor maps where you won't run away to an other position, cause flank lost. You just buy some more time getting penned and shot at but why angle?

Being slow and heavy feels just being stupid.

Really hope it would be addressed reasonably and gives it a bit more fun in gameplay. 

HugSeal #15 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC
Armour isn't to make you block everything, it's to increase EHP

pecopad #16 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24904 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Why angle when RNG alone is +-25%....

With some luck you don't even have to hide your LFP, because the shot will be flying over or hitting the FP., or some weird screw on the back of a Grille 15 or Batchchat turret.

How many of us use Gold just to make sure we can overcome a bad roll?

with+-25% RNG and a no skill MM, this isn't a skill based game....

wsatnutter #17 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25656 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCrashzi, on 08 January 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

"We do not need multiple threads" You don't want feedback? oh i forgot thats how you make ze money

there is a pinned thread for commenting on the game such as SPG thread etc etc etc

what eekeeboo is saying  politely, is use the correct threads and try not to open whiney threads that clog up the forums basically

hasnainrakha57 #18 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15030 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
Why angle? Or have armour! When theres type 4 and 5 on your face?

Tilly042 #19 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29913 battles
  • [29AR] 29AR

View Postwsatnutter, on 08 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

there is a pinned thread for commenting on the game such as SPG thread etc etc etc

what eekeeboo is saying  politely, is use the correct threads and try not to open whiney threads that clog up the forums basically

Absolutely correct. Its much easier to ignore a single thread than several.

eekeeboo #20 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45891 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

No it's about the fact of having to reply to over 10 threads from people complaining about the same thing (right or wrong) when 1 thread will do. Monitoring multiple threads because people are too lazy to read before they type. 

Something I want to encourage is constructive discussions, not just complaining. Informed decision making, not just agreeing because it fits your viewpoint. 

I gave people an opportunity to make this thread constructive and it was wasted by the number of posts needed to un-approve. 

Please refer to the forum rules and think carefully what you say and how you say it when making threads like these. I suggest asking how to better angle or when it's useful vs not, what ammunition types it affects, best tanks for it etc. Not just a complaint because you can't face tank your way to victory. 

Also tagged with special ammo, gold ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users