These teams OMG OMG...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Stig_Stigma #1 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17468 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

What's up with wot teams lately. All battles are one sided. At best you can hope for a 15-5... Rarely close battles. Teams melt immediately. 

Unplayable 

Ziurawka #2 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24705 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

Sure this topic comes up rather regularly and there are no new conclusions...

But really :D I wanted to start one myself over the past few weeks. 

Yes, the holiday season is welcoming for casual players who don't have time for gaming otherwise, but this year it's just ridiculous. 

The only explanation that comes to mind is that this year's abundance of specials / bonuses allows even the most incompetent players to reach end game and stick to it. 

WG - what have you done :D

The same goes for rental vehicles at tier VIII for everyone. Just how is it ok to put someone with below 1k games into a Scorpion G in 3/5/7?

How is that player and his / her team supposed to enjoy the game?

Low tiers (Tier VI and below) were always a bit ridiculous, but right now it seems that the higher you go the sillier it gets.

Soup_Potato #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles
Just to spread the knowledge of Baldrickk's tool, could you run your replays through it? I honestly wonder how common these one sided results are, so far from my replays they haven't been that common. If more people would run the analyzer and post to the thread ( http://forum.worldof...s-about-the-mm/ ) we could get a better idea of how matches end and other stuff too. And don't get this wrong, this is merely an attempt to get more people to run it and post results, not trying to start a war here again. :D

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
Recently I saw a player with 2 games in a skorp G not 2k but 2 actual games.

Look after battle at the team distribution and see how many new accounts there are at tier 8+ on average 25% of the teams have accounts less than 4 months old.

Ziurawka #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24705 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

I don't use XVM but I've got platoon mates that use it and it seems it went haywire over this Xmas. 

Even matches with decent win chances involved red line camping of entire teams or bizarre lemming trains into the great wide open.

Don't save all my replays (only the last one) so I'm afraid I can't feed the tool on this occasion, but I'll change the setting for sure. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

Just to be clear - I'm not saying I was unfairly matched over the last ~500 games, just saying that majority of those matches were just insanely ridiculous :D

It's my own fault that I can't adapt and my winrate suffers as a result. But in the end - many of these matches were just not fun.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #6 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25937 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's the first day in weeks that I've felt that 'some', of the team know what they're doing.

jp156 #7 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12900 battles
match making f... up. i don't mean levels of tanks, i mean skilled players getting into one team vs unskilled. also most of those skilled players belongs to clans ( most of clans has requirements etc; some particular tanks, playing time). and if you check garages of those belonging to clans and opponents in enemy team, you will notice something ;)

Bordhaw #8 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postjp156, on 07 January 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

match making f... up. i don't mean levels of tanks, i mean skilled players getting into one team vs unskilled. also most of those skilled players belongs to clans ( most of clans has requirements etc; some particular tanks, playing time). and if you check garages of those belonging to clans and opponents in enemy team, you will notice something ;)

I did see a battle with  XVM showing a win chance of 13% and another battle of 20%. Never seen such lows. Turn off XVM people say. That will not magically make the skill of the players any better or worse. Battle result is still the same. 

jp156 #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12900 battles
i am not using any mods... in start of the battle i just count how many players belongs to clans... and most of time i know outcome of battle before it even starts. if both teams has almost same number of players belonging to clans, i know that battle will last more than 5min and it might be close battle

Soup_Potato #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 07 January 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

I did see a battle with  XVM showing a win chance of 13% and another battle of 20%. Never seen such lows. Turn off XVM people say. That will not magically make the skill of the players any better or worse. Battle result is still the same. 

The winchances are inaccurate and not to be trusted. Removing XVM will not change anything other than your skewed idea about what the arbitrary colours mean. If you don't see them, you won't start the battle with a negative attitude. Trust me, getting rid of the colours will make the gaming experience better. If you just keep focusing on the arbitrary colours that only represent minor part in people's ability you will not have a pleasant time. Even if for example FastFetus tells himself that he uses the colours to his advantage and that XVM is good, he still often complains and rages about his team mates and publicly shames them on the stream... That is not good for the game play nor the players or the community.

Ziurawka #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24705 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View Postjp156, on 07 January 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

i am not using any mods... in start of the battle i just count how many players belongs to clans... and most of time i know outcome of battle before it even starts. if both teams has almost same number of players belonging to clans, i know that battle will last more than 5min and it might be close battle

People new to the game, just bad gamers and (edited) can belong to clans as well.

The whole point of the progress in WOT was to aim to get better and therefore earn more and get more advanced vehicles through getting better. 

It's just not the case nowadays - it seems anyone could have already failed their way to end game and without any pressure can afford to sustain it. 

Rentals have the same kind of bad influence as any other booster (from the whole palette that's available nowadays).

It's like providing everyone with a participation award in college. 

I get why it's done, the population is dwindling, but the long term result is that an incompetent player will more often than not spoil the fun for his\her team. 

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 09 January 2019 - 06:12 PM.
Insulting

NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34114 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostStig_Stigma, on 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

What's up with wot teams lately. All battles are one sided. At best you can hope for a 15-5... Rarely close battles. Teams melt immediately. 

Unplayable 

It's not even worth complaining anymore. All I can do is scream in agony. They're never gonna do anything about this issue, because nothing can be done. (if something can, enlighten me)

Ziurawka #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24705 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 07 January 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

It's not even worth complaining anymore. All I can do is scream in agony. They're never gonna do anything about this issue, because nothing can be done. (if something can, enlighten me)

For starters it would be nice if in-gamer progress would require (any) effort and skill. 

I remember back in 2015 when my cousin showed me the game for the first time.

He showed me his Cromwell and I remember thinking "wow, this is hard, but I really want it".

And it really was, especially F2P. 

The grind was hard and sustaining the damn thing was even harder. 

Made me want to get better. 

If you start playing in 2019 all you need to do is sneeze.

Soup_Potato #14 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostZiurawka, on 07 January 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

If you start playing in 2019 all you need to do is sneeze.

What do you need to sneeze for if you start in 2019? To get a tier 10 tank? To get 10m credits?

NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34114 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostSoup_Potato, on 07 January 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

What do you need to sneeze for if you start in 2019? To get a tier 10 tank? To get 10m credits?

*sneezes*

*random xmas lootbox opens thanks to the sneeze*

*wild IS-3A playing russian hardbass emerges*

Wild IS-3A: HAHAAAA YES COMRADE, JOIN ME, AND WE SHALL CONQUER THE WORLD HAHAHAHA, VODKA COMRADE, IT IS THE WATER OF VICTORY!!

McLovers #16 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15155 battles

View PostStig_Stigma, on 07 January 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

Unplayable 

Can you really call them teams?  Light tanks that think they are TD's, heavy tanks camping behind arty, meds who will not scout even if there is not light tank (batchat 25t or other tank)  I played some skirmishes with my clan last night and it was a lot of fun, we lost over 50% of our games but the quality of chat was 100% better than random games and the fun was there.  Perhaps these cancerous random games are what is actually killing WOT.  Think about it, if you are anonymous in this world you could do anything you want and have no fear of repercussions so we get idiots and believe me we are all these idiots sometimes if you say you're not then you are lying. 

Ziurawka #17 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24705 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostSoup_Potato, on 07 January 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

To get a prem tier VIII tank, to get a tier X tank, to get as many credits as you want. 

Why not? 

If you run out of steam you can just get into your tier VIII rental, enable a booster and shoot the air above to listen to the gun sounds.

Every other day you get bonuses for playing a battle (not even doing anything relevant in it).

It's just a bit too much assistance isn't it?

Edited by Ziurawka, 07 January 2019 - 09:36 PM.

EllemennT #18 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41114 battles
  • [DSTAR] DSTAR
Back when I was relatively new to the game, at least tiers 8+ were more or less (edited) - free. It was more difficult to get there and sustain playing. No any more.

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 09 January 2019 - 06:15 PM.
insulting

krismorgan #19 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36198 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Yup horrendous,today was my worst day,gave up in the end-time for a break but the bonuses make me play more.

Darky1029 #20 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14342 battles
as soon as theres is a gap in team hp highger than 30% its usually over, if one team snowballs and gets a lead, the team with less tanks will die off quickly, granted, if the leading team knows this. That explains why its always 15:5.
But the fact that it happens so often is weird. There are quite a lot of unbalanced maps, where one side always wins. There are a fuk ton of positions that can be used by either a hull down tank, or a sneaky td, that cuts off entire advances and punishes any advances instantly, all this combined punishes mistakes(not camping) and that leads into one team snowballing. Thats my take on it, but its probably just Rigged

Edited by Darky1029, 07 January 2019 - 10:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users