195 replies to this topic

Cheezix #141 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39416 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostIdlePython, on 10 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

ROFL 

I bought 3 loot boxes yesterday, still had some money on my paysafe card.

Just wanted some gold because I was out. 

Got the Defender AND IS-3A. :facepalm:

LMAO :P

You were insanely lucky, even more than my friend who received a Defender in 3 boxes I gifted him.

TheArk_2014 #142 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67129 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

View Postkaneloon, on 10 January 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

Thanks Homer, as last year camo are (no longer ?) linked to tiers/premium, I didn't expect that ...

View PostHomer_J, on 10 January 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

I think last years are still tied to nations but I am using one on the Emil II.

Hey mates, I just checked one of my last year's "New Year" special camo-packs, these camo packs are still bound to nations but for tanks of tier VI, VIII, IX & X (premium & normal).

:bush:

Edited by TheArk_2014, 13 January 2019 - 05:08 PM.

etody77 #143 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75000 battles
  • [JMA] JMA
I hope next ear we will have have the same kind of event, excepting the loot boxes, and we could complete some collection from this year

KL_loves_arty #144 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 250 battles

View PostCelalaltJe, on 08 January 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

So, if u don't buy any large boxes from greedy WG, u have 0% chance of completing any of the 4 styles available this year. 

WG have never wanted on even intended to give us ANYthing for free, except just playing the game. Everything else for "free" is just a teaser so that we would open our wallet.

Like the "free" T8 marathons, you play like hell to get to something like 80-90% of the "free" tank, then you think you are close enough thinking that ok, its just 10-20€...and WG is cheering and counting the money...

Edited by KL_loves_arty, 10 January 2019 - 02:00 PM.

Weak_man #145 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7560 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

Wot is a game that promote bush players: arty, and td. All the other players that try to do something are severly punished.

This game is extremly unbalanced:

- 3 arty/ team is the worst thing for the game. Arta is "great": you get: 900 dmg, 2 crew or more  dead members and 20 s stun, this is 3 IN ONE PACKAGE, because people that camp all game in the bush and travel 20 meters/ game deserve to 

be  awarded

- the mission where players is forced to play arty need to be removed, all missions should be done without any arty game, i have that op tier 5 arta but no game played in it.

- there are many maps where certain side win almoust 70 % of the time

-  2 tier mm +- is really bad, at tier 8 is really fun to get one from that heavly armoured super td with more than 750 damage (is like a ordinary people fight in the street  an mma fighter)

-  this is a luck game. I had a game with 430 and shoot 4 time from close range to an sti lower plate, all shoots do no damage, at the end that sti had bbloked 4.2 k damage not even being hulldown. After that game i just quit the game. When rng

troll you at extreme there is zero fun. It is also nice when you lowroll the shot and enemy autoloader remains in 20 hp or 1 hp and kills you from more than 900 hp, where is the justice here ?

- i wait the moment to see players face when with a 390 damage shot tier 10 tank,  with premium ammo will do 170 damage

- this game have so many problems and wg is busy to release new premium tanks

Cheezix #146 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39416 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostWeak_man, on 10 January 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Wot is a game that promote bush players: arty, and td. All the other players that try to do something are severly punished.

This game is extremly unbalanced:

- 3 arty/ team is the worst thing for the game. Arta is "great": you get: 900 dmg, 2 crew or more  dead members and 20 s stun, this is 3 IN ONE PACKAGE, because people that camp all game in the bush and travel 20 meters/ game deserve to 

be  awarded

- the mission where players is forced to play arty need to be removed, all missions should be done without any arty game, i have that op tier 5 arta but no game played in it.

- there are many maps where certain side win almoust 70 % of the time

-  2 tier mm +- is really bad, at tier 8 is really fun to get one from that heavly armoured super td with more than 750 damage (is like a ordinary people fight in the street  an mma fighter)

-  this is a luck game. I had a game with 430 and shoot 4 time from close range to an sti lower plate, all shoots do no damage, at the end that sti had bbloked 4.2 k damage not even being hulldown. After that game i just quit the game. When rng

troll you at extreme there is zero fun. It is also nice when you lowroll the shot and enemy autoloader remains in 20 hp or 1 hp and kills you from more than 900 hp, where is the justice here ?

- i wait the moment to see players face when with a 390 damage shot tier 10 tank,  with premium ammo will do 170 damage

- this game have so many problems and wg is busy to release new premium tanks

I think you're posting in the wrong topic. This one is about the last week of the Holiday Ops.

Just go here and post it again.

PlasticGangsta #147 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27588 battles

View PostTheArk_2014, on 08 January 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

If you don't brake them to use the shards to create ornaments to complete your collection, probably they will be vanished ...

... I don't think that they will stay in your inventory for use on the next New Year Event.

:)

Hi Ark, hope you had a good Xmas and a Happy New Year to you. Last year we got the chance to buy decorations in the premium shop to complete your collections. However as I remember it there was an entire section of the premium shop given over to different types and levels of decoration and it was available for at least a week or so before the event ended. I guess we do not get that chance this year as the event ends on Monday. I have been waiting until the end to use my shards just in case I shoot for one I may get from small boxes. I fully expect to get the New Year and Xmas camo's I was aiming for. Would not mind the fireworks type camo as well but without the premium shop offering decorations of specific level and type I shall not be getting it. Good luck.
18:55 Added after 9 minutes

View Postlkstamenov, on 09 January 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

One is better than none

I got 30,000 odd shards saved to do t

View PostKesky, on 09 January 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

An idea: Large Boxes containing holiday tokens / or you can get holiday tokens instead of gold compensation for already owned stuff. And then you could spend your holiday tokens for whatever holiday-exclusive item you want. So Lootboxes may (?) stay and players may get what RNG just keeps hiding from them.

I guess a Bond shop would work in a similar way, so I see no technical issues here for the next event.

Don't leave crafting to the last seconds if you still have shards, unexpected technical issues may be expected any time!

:bush::arta::deer::D

Starting on the evening of Saturday might be safe enough if we can still get boxes then.

Good luck everyone finishing as many collections as you can!:izmena:

I got 30,000 odd shards saved to do the same thing. I think I will start on Saturday evening after getting as many boxes as I can. I still only expect to get two out of the four. Last year at the end we got a chance to buy decorations but as the whole thing ends Monday I guess we do not get the chance this year.

TheArk_2014 #148 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67129 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 10 January 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hi Ark, hope you had a good Xmas and a Happy New Year to you. Last year we got the chance to buy decorations in the premium shop to complete your collections. However as I remember it there was an entire section of the premium shop given over to different types and levels of decoration and it was available for at least a week or so before the event ended. I guess we do not get that chance this year as the event ends on Monday. I have been waiting until the end to use my shards just in case I shoot for one I may get from small boxes. I fully expect to get the New Year and Xmas camo's I was aiming for. Would not mind the fireworks type camo as well but without the premium shop offering decorations of specific level and type I shall not be getting it. Good luck.

Good luck to you too, mate ... I really hope that you will earn the styles you want.

iKnewIT #149 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79097 battles

View PostiKnewIT, on 08 January 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

It would be nice if we'd have possibility to use unused shards next Year. ;)

Sorry for re-posting...

But it would be really nice if our unused shards wouldn't disappear.

8126Jakobsson #150 Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78764 battles

The big crafting day is here.

Started with five 4's and fifteen 5's left and 33.220 shards in the pocket. Ended up with one 5 to go with the applied bonus decos still in play, so it should be a completion when the day is over. :harp:

...and this is with 100 boxes bought (25 of each), mind you. And every daily small box and various codes gained. The amount needed to complete the collection is just too much, it's silly.  

Homer_J #151 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32344 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 10 January 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hi Ark, hope you had a good Xmas and a Happy New Year to you. Last year we got the chance to buy decorations in the premium shop to complete your collections. 

Are you sure that wasn't the previous year?

When we just had the tree you could buy just a tree topper, or a garland, or whatever.  But there was no collection to complete that year and crafting was much more random, you had to combine 5 tier I into a tier II then five tier II into a tier III etc.  There were some recipes for creating the decoration you wanted but even those seemed to not work randomly.

TheArk_2014 #152 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67129 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

Well, it is over for me, all missions finished ... I had only one tier V ornament to craft to complete all pages of the album, but I had shards for only two attempts ...

... Mission Accomplished with the first attempt (lucky me) ... all 4 camo-packs are mine.

For you mates, who hold your attempts for the end of the event ... I wish you good luck.

;)

BTW: My Holiday tree is still full, I didn't remove any ornament from anywhere.

Edited by TheArk_2014, 13 January 2019 - 05:11 PM.

beercritch #153 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41076 battles

A daft question - but ive just unlocked the tempered glass style but I cant seem to find it to put it on a tank?

Ive got all last years styles and see those ones so it cant be hidden behind any daft filters and i am not running any mods that might be getting in the way but this new style eludes me - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edit***

Never mind - i found it eventually

Edited by beercritch, 13 January 2019 - 11:31 AM.

TheArk_2014 #154 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67129 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

View Postbeercritch, on 13 January 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

A daft question - but ive just unlocked the tempered glass style but I cant seem to find it to put it on a tank?

Ive got all last years styles and see those ones so it cant be hidden behind any daft filters and i am not running any mods that might be getting in the way but this new style eludes me - can anyone point me in the right direction?

These styles are only for tier VIII premium tanks & tier X tanks (premium & normal) ...

... so, be sure that you try to put the styles on the right tanks.

;)

Edited by TheArk_2014, 13 January 2019 - 02:27 PM.

RedSnail #155 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3457 battles

Overall, I am pleased with this Holiday Event.  Actually opened my wallet; a rare event.

Got some nice tanks, 5 special crew members, gold and premium time.

Did some tier climbing and now have an equipment shopping list for tanks I will purchase in the future.

Mariuxszas #156 Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [ARCTI] ARCTI
I dont really feel well about collections crafting. 
I bought more big boxes from premium shop, completed most of the daily missions, and barely got 2 collections completed, while last year i got 3 collections completed with only a couple of toys remaining. So this year of course i am less satisfied with my result... Especially, while crafting i spent 18k shards to get two toys.... I dont know how else to react, i say this collider system sucks.

r3mision #157 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23930 battles

30 box new year + over 10 times craft this sh = no full colection/no cammo

thx wg for stupid random everywhere in this game

this is verry stupid... for 60 euro only for new year boxes you can't finish it

Attached Thumbnails

AzoreanOutkast #158 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11044 battles

All done yesterday!

Got all collections done this year.

8126Jakobsson #159 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78764 battles
Don't forget to activate the tank discounts. I don't know what to pick for tiers 1-7 but anything is better than nothing I guess. Maybe the untouched Chinese TD line (yuck)? :D

ibrox3 #160 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68487 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

Well I bought zero boxes.

Did all the missions except 1 of the come top missions so I missed out on 6 small boxes.

Got the festive atmosphere to level X - that was good.

Got 3 of the albums to gain 50%

Then went back to finish last years collections as this was an efficient use of the shards.

In the end I had 24,000 shards left and got 286 out of 313 decos.

Managed 1 camo

I guess that is where WG imagined I would get and thought they might tempt me to spend.......

Sorry WG I used to pay for premium account but in your pursuit of cash (I know it is a business) driving more corridor maps for more heavies with more armour, totally nerfing the other classes, removing bushes and climbs, making arty ineffective giving heavies better view than lights and refusing to bring in a skill based MM - have left me still playing - but it is not the fun game I started playing. IF the original WOT with all those things in it was so bad - why was it so successful ? We used to get excited about new maps = going to the training room and learning the climbs - looking for decent spots - now we just dread new maps.

You may be making more money from less players - I get that , its all about the money not a game anymore - but that does not mean I want to contribute any more to the profit.

IF you go back to allowing us to play a game - not corralled down corridors to give the heavies some canon fodder I will think again and maybe even buy a loot box - but I very much doubt that will ever happen.....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users