• 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

(source)

Here are some new changes:

Block Quote

Changes in brief:
  • Engine power increased by 5%.
  • Increased braking efficiency.
  • Change to driving mode shortened from 0.2 to 0.1s.
  • Reduced debuff caused by wheel damage.
  • Increased maneuverability in travel mode at low speeds.
  • Magazine reload time reduced from 10.3 to 9.5s.
Exact changes:

Dynamics:

• Engine power changed from 500 to 525HP (+ 5%).
  • The braking efficiency and – to some extent – the acceleration efficiency (as a side effect) have been improved.
  • Change to driving mode shortened from 0.2 to 0.1s.
  • Players complained that the vehicle lacked dynamics in specific cases. At the same time, however, some emphasized the large inertia of the vehicle (brakes too weak).
  • Increasing the power of the engine has a rather cosmetic effect, while the braking force has been improved noticeably.
  • The time needed to change between driving modes has been shortened, which allows you to lose less speed when changing the mode during movement.

Wheel damage:

• Debuff (increased resistance, decreased speed) from the damaged wheel has been reduced.
  • The level at which the wheels are repaired automatically has been set to 100%.
  • The speed of automatic wheel repair has been reduced.
  • Players complained about a drastic decrease in vehicle dynamics even when only two wheels were damaged. In fact, damage to one or two wheels did not have much impact during fast driving. Meanwhile, acceleration even with one damaged wheel was too slow. Debuff reduction from single wheel damage has an almost imperceptible effect at high speeds, while it effectively improves acceleration when one or two wheels are damaged.
  • Setting automatic wheel repair to some extent reduces the chance of damage to the wheel, thereby increasing the severity of damage to each of the vehicle’s wheels.

Maneuverability:

• Steering speed of the wheels increased.
  • The maximum angle of tilting of the wheels when the forward drive key is not pressed is increased.
  • The degree of throttle opening during turning at low speeds (using the A and D keys, without W-red.) Increased.
  • The maximum speed for which the above effect happens is set to 20km / h.
  • The vehicle required better maneuverability at low speeds in the travel mode. At speeds greater than 20km / h, the base maneuverability remained almost unchanged except by increased responsiveness to turns (due to accelerated wheel rotation) and the possibility of tighter turning after releasing the forward key. Maneuverability in the fast mode remained unchanged. Thus, we achieved greater separation between driving modes.

Battle performance:

• Magazine reload time reduced from 10.3 to 9.5s (-8%)
  • Adding the third round to the magazine, as asked by many players, seemed inappropriate. The current configuration of the magazine encourages players to play all-in, firing both rounds at once and retreating to a safe position for reloading. Therefore, the efficiency of the magazine has been slightly improved by reducing the reload time.
  • Increasing the view range also seemed illogical, because the combat potential of this vehicle is rather big at the moment, because it combines in a cheerful way the characteristics that help in achieving an active gameplay.

Other:

• The engine parameters have been adjusted (not perceptible to players).
  • The suspension stiffness parameters have been increased (this will reduce the damage from falls when the vehicle lands on the wheels).
  • The grip has been improved (reducing the chance of slipping at high speeds).

All in all certainly a good thing, it does address feedback raised by the testers to quite a nice degree.

While they didn't add a 3rd round to the clip, they did decrease the magazine reload which does a similar job and an almost 10% decrease in reload is quite substantial.

Having wheels damaged now actually doesn't mean an almost instant death sentence anymore it seems as (especially acceleration) is not impacted as drastically.

It would seem that while the automatic repair of wheels is now *slower* but they are actually repaired to 100% rather then "yellow damage". before? (can't remember them not being repaired 100% automatically but I might be wrong). Odd thing but I'd rather have fully functioning wheels once repaired then semi functioning but faster repairs.

Due to the increase in turning speed of the wheels your vehicle will respond faster to keyboard input which is nice, I did feel a noticeable delay when playing before if you were for instance in a left hand turn and wanted to quickly turn right, it took a short while for the thing to respond which should be less now. This will help greatly in combat situations and World of Corridors.

What I'm wondering though is the changed "engine parameters" under "other" and I'm wondering specifically if the engine durability was changed in any way.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 08 January 2019 - 02:19 PM.

arthurwellsley #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

The suspension stiffness parameters have been increased (this will reduce the damage from falls when the vehicle lands on the wheels).

That change is excellent. In the rental one I had for seven days damaging your own vehicle over big jumps was an ever present mischief.

Also like the faster gun reload.

undutchable80 #3 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Thanks for sharing. Might actually consider it, even though I do feel buffing the VR by 10-20m would not have broken the vehicle / pushed it into OP range. 

SevernaSnaga #4 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3810 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
And what about climbing? Will they fix the maps, or let it climb where tanks cant?

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

nope still not for me. I just hope they mirror the MM for them and treat them differently (MM) to the current Lt tanks. But then they still don't treat super heavies differently to others so I don't hold out much hope

Mav75 #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34744 battles
Don't think I'll go for these. They're still unable to do their stated mission of active scouting.

kubawt112 #7 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

So, no view range buff because the EBR is, uh, too fun to fight with?

Interesting to see that there are indeed "hidden" parameters. Always wondered why a Maus/Type/JT could drop down a cliff without a scratch while a Batchat could blow up over a bump.

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 08 January 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

nope still not for me. I just hope they mirror the MM for them and treat them differently (MM) to the current Lt tanks. But then they still don't treat super heavies differently to others so I don't hold out much hope

They do, you know. Or rather did. At the very least, they were supposed to (except for platoons):

https://worldoftanks...r-improvements/

Not that it was a good system to begin with. As is tradition, it was a good idea that ended up as a half-baked solution to vehicle balance and 'armor meta'.

TheDrownedApe #8 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postkubawt112, on 08 January 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

So, no view range buff because the EBR is, uh, too fun to fight with?

Interesting to see that there are indeed "hidden" parameters. Always wondered why a Maus/Type/JT could drop down a cliff without a scratch while a Batchat could blow up over a bump.

They do, you know. Or rather did. At the very least, they were supposed to (except for platoons):

Not that it was a good system to begin with. As is tradition, it was a good idea that ended up as a half-baked solution to vehicle balance and 'armor meta'.

Yeah I was aware they "tried". another great success. I would rather wait 30 sec in my 50B than be matched against an Ebola 5

Balc0ra #9 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72817 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCobra6, on 08 January 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

All in all certainly a good thing, it does address feedback raised by the testers to quite a nice degree.

While they didn't add a 3rd round to the clip, they did decrease the magazine reload which does a similar job and an almost 10% decrease in reload is quite substantial.

I still think 3 rounds with that HE pen would be a tad too much. As I did 5 to 600 damage vs tier 8 lights rather often with 2 rounds. But... sadly no 10 to 20m extra view range.

Seems the focus is still on mobility and getting close to spot anything. Tho honestly vs most guns, it won't make to much of a difference when active spotting. But those changes will make a difference when you circle or gank isolated targets at close range etc. Or even on urban maps. And the penalty with wheel damage was a bit high IMO. I'm glad they did sort that out too. 

Dava_117 #10 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 08 January 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

And what about climbing? Will they fix the maps, or let it climb where tanks cant?

As reminded in basically every other Panard thread, WG said in the announcement article that, once the full line get live, they will add invisible wall to limit the gameplay to the designed areas.

To OP, thanks for sharing this news. :)

Simeon85 #11 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

Meh not sure it is enough but we still see, I suppose baby steps will stop it being OP.

The wheels being harder to take off is a good thing, but not sure the DPM increase will really do much, it was hardly very long anyway, it was the alpha strike that was largely ineffective.

And they have buffed the mobility, which is the least thing that needed changing, still seems they are hell bent on it being this yolo suicide scout without a realistic ability to survive or do meaningful damage, or compensate for that low firepower with assistance damage.

Still seems very much a one trick pony and they have buffed its trick, rather than making it more well rounded and able to actually contribute to all game scenarios, rather than just situational ones.

Jumping_Turtle #12 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69352 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostSimeon85, on 08 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Meh not sure it is enough but we still see, I suppose baby steps will stop it being OP.

I think I rather see them do those baby steps a few times a year than that what we got now ... being a broken tank which stays like that for 6 months.

ValkyrionX #13 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

many should apologize with the undersigned for insults about my opinions on the EBR-75 after testing it , I told thousand times that the visual range was fine as well as two shots instead of three except the wheels , their repair time and the damage they suffer, steering angle and some other small things

for the rest it is a really excellent tank , that gives something really new and very fun to the game.

once in a while they do something right at the wg , they should have their merit 

wsatnutter #14 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
was great fun to play

Cobra6 #15 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostValkyrionX, on 08 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

many should apologize with the undersigned for insults about my opinions on the EBR-75 after testing it , I told thousand times that the visual range was fine as well as two shots instead of three except the wheels , their repair time and the damage they suffer, steering angle and some other small things

for the rest it is a really excellent tank , that gives something really new and very fun to the game.

once in a while they do something right at the wg , they should have their merit 

I still think it needs more view range (not much) and I still think a 3rd shot would be better. However as I pointed out in my OP a ~10% increase in DPM does mitigate some of the issue in the "3rd shot" department.

If they hadn't done anything to the firepower I'd be less forgiving.

The increase in mobility attributes does not help you win more battles in it but does make it less frustrating to drive when things are not going your way, which will be in a lot of situations.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 08 January 2019 - 04:31 PM.

Homer_J #16 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 08 January 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

It would seem that while the automatic repair of wheels is now *slower* but they are actually repaired to 100% rather then "yellow damage". before? (can't remember them not being repaired 100% automatically but I might be wrong). Odd thing but I'd rather have fully functioning wheels once repaired then semi functioning but faster repairs.

The wheels only had 2 states, red and white.  Unlike tracks which repair themselves to yellow.  But white might not mean 100%.

As I understand it a module can take damage without going yellow as long as it does not drop below 50% health, and it will self repair to about 75% but stay yellow.  The wheels are going to unusually repair to 100% which means you can take a small hit without them going back to red.

I don't think the extra power was needed but the brakes were definitely dodgy, the only way to park it in a bush was to handbrake turn.

Three shots in the magazine would have been OK until you got a platoon of these in a battle being a highly mobile nine shot autoloader creating chaos in the back of the ranks.

15:36 Added after 4 minutes
And a different link for those who don't want to give TAP any clicks.

Edited by Homer_J, 08 January 2019 - 04:32 PM.

Traimi1 #17 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 732 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

So what they did was just make it more forgiving to play so even retarded suicide runners will get away more often with their terrible plays than they should. The third shell was what this thing needed, all they did was add a "fun" arcade car that takes minimal skill to play so even the worst bots can finally achieve something on a light tank.

This looks to me pretty much like the Object 257 of of light tanks where WG have worked hard to minimize all the "annoyances" of a light tank that made them require skill and good decision-making. Of course bots will still fail with it like they do with all tanks including the 257, just much less so than they deserve to.

Edited by Traimi1, 08 January 2019 - 04:57 PM.

gunslingerXXX #18 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12780 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Very nice, looking forward to this one!

Braking was difficult at times, as was jumping (better yet, landing). I'm glad these are improved!

With regard to the wheel repair, I wouldn't be surprized if this is a translation error.

"The speed of automatic wheel repair has been reduced." doesn't sound very good imo. Also the repair time was quite long already. It could be that the decrease in speed-drop allows for longer repair times, but I think chances are WG translation intended to say the 'repair time has been reduced' rather than the speed.

ValkyrionX #19 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostCobra6, on 08 January 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

I still think it needs more view range (not much) and I still think a 3rd shot would be better. However as I pointed out in my OP a ~10% increase in DPM does mitigate some of the issue in the "3rd shot" department.

If they hadn't done anything to the firepower I'd be less forgiving.

The increase in mobility attributes does not help you win more battles in it but does make it less frustrating to drive when things are not going your way, which will be in a lot of situations.

Cobra 6

these are completely personal opinions , 20 meters of extra radius would be fine but I personally do not see the reason to give it more visual ray.
it is not a light tank, but a new and different type of vehicle.

if you do not want to spot do the sniper, if you want to spot you must realize that you can be destroyed in doing it , stop.

or you play it tightening ambushes and creating confusion, if many still insist on thinking of it as a light tank they have made a mistake of basic evaluation

I'm sorry but this time I agree with the wg = [rare thing]

I had a lot of fun playing it and I have to say that it's not entirely true that driving it is so difficult, question of getting used to it.

and once again I repeat, the vehicle is fine as it is
the current buff is fine imo

the real problem of the visual ray leads back to the MM

if in a game with an open and large map the player who is using ebr75 comes , for example, balanced with a bc12t in the opposing team, the enemy team will have the advantage of being able to passively spot with greater visual range

that's why I highly recommend to the WG NOT TO UNDERTAKE THIS HUGE DETAIL

the new armored cars of this kind should be introduced as a new typology and not classified as light tanks and should be better balanced in the current MM to avoid disparity in the teams

Edited by ValkyrionX, 08 January 2019 - 06:30 PM.

laulaur #20 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47494 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

View Postkubawt112, on 08 January 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

They tried to do that for a month or two i think, and scrapped the idea without saying anything about that.

Now is a usual thing to see Type5 matched against 50B and 268v4 vs grille15... And usually the armor wins.

Edited by laulaur, 08 January 2019 - 07:37 PM.

Also tagged with Buffs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users