World of Tanks Survey: Maps, do you like them?

Survey

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

PervyPastryPuffer #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32019 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Well, it's on TheDailyBounce - https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-survey-maps-do-you-like-them/

Let's try to make a change, eh?

SuedKAT #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Have voted, wish they had chosen minimaps as pictures of the maps rather than a scenic one though since I must admit I had to double check some of them so I was sure I was voting on the correct map. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

I guess this is in connection to the new premium account they plan to introduce.

Kill Ensk guys, just kill Ensk!

Xqual #4 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 61980 battles
Just remove Empires Border! and the guy who put it in the game!

ID_100 #5 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27685 battles
  • [IMAGE] IMAGE

[0/10]                                 [0/10]                                 [0/10] 

[0/10]                                 [0/10]                                 [0/10] 

[0/10]                                 [0/10]                              

Edited by ID_100, 08 January 2019 - 06:37 PM.

Sfinski #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33437 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
I like Redshire. Can't really think any other map that I could say I like, more like many are just OK, some are bad and sadly quite a few are complete garbage.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52707 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Best map (gets 10/10 from me) it's 1000 x 1000;

I think Mines (it's only 800 x 800) needs to have a tier cap, it's fine for low tiers as it is, but too small for high tier games.

Also removed maps re-worked?

Komarin

Northwest

Pearl River

Port

Sacred Valley

Severogorsk

South Coast

Swamp

Windstorm

Some of those need more work than others.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 08 January 2019 - 06:38 PM.

Soup_Potato #8 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 January 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

I guess this is in connection to the new premium account they plan to introduce.

Kill Ensk guys, just kill Ensk!

Just a question, why would you want to kill Ensk over killing Mines in higher tiers? Ensk still has a very nice layout on it to allow moving around and creating flanking fire. In pretty much every match on it, people manage to push through somehow to the enemy base and create chaos. I like how the map works and even though it is small, it doesn't feel that way. Mines on the other hand is too much dominated by the hill, recently the island flank has become more important, for north team to push through and competing of the hill has been decreased. Still, Mines is not suited for higher tier (6+).
17:50 Added after 2 minutes

View PostID_100, on 08 January 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

Useless feedback

And here we see the problem with the playerbase giving their ''feedback''. If you hate all the maps, then stop playing. Seems like you enjoy playing very actively though.

17:52 Added after 4 minutes

View PostSfinski, on 08 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

I like Redshire. Can't really think any other map that I could say I like, more like many are just OK, some are bad and sadly quite a few are complete garbage.

How's Westfield for you? Personally I've always just overlooked it but it is actually one of my favorites. Pleasent change IMO would be to decrease the height difference between the hills and the valley, the hills are too disconnected form each other now. And of course decreasing the dominance of the TD hills supporting the NW flank.

BR33K1_PAWAH #9 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSfinski, on 08 January 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

The same.

Redshire is the only map right now that has positions and play zones for any type of vehicle and at the same time allows a lot of interesting aggressive maneuvers.

SuedKAT #10 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSoup_Potato, on 08 January 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

Just a question, why would you want to kill Ensk over killing Mines in higher tiers? Ensk still has a very nice layout on it to allow moving around and creating flanking fire. In pretty much every match on it, people manage to push through somehow to the enemy base and create chaos. I like how the map works and even though it is small, it doesn't feel that way. Mines on the other hand is too much dominated by the hill, recently the island flank has become more important, for north team to push through and competing of the hill has been decreased. Still, Mines is not suited for higher tier (6+).

I'd say neither Mines nor Ensk are suited for high tiers, both got a 1 for me due to that very reason, but then again a simple tier restriction on both of them would boost them up quite a bit, at least to "meh" levels, so in the end I hope they don't just consider the votes as a go ahead for a rework but rather consider all options available.

Soup_Potato #11 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 08 January 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Swamp

Windstorm

Two old favorites of mine, don't really know/remember why but I was happy to spawn on them. The others would be a welcome addition for reworking and reintroduction too. :)

WoT_RU_Doing #12 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51290 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
For anyone wondering, the survey asks you to rate each map on a scale of 1-10, and to finish you get a chance to make a comment on the map you like most and least to explain why you think that.

Sfinski #13 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33437 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostSoup_Potato, on 08 January 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

How's Westfield for you? Personally I've always just overlooked it but it is actually one of my favorites. Pleasent change IMO would be to decrease the height difference between the hills and the valley, the hills are too disconnected form each other now. And of course decreasing the dominance of the TD hills supporting the NW flank.

It's alright. Lift the valley to same level as or nearly the same level as the village and fill the late valley with hills and ridges. Would be far better then as the whole map would be playable throughout the game.

Soup_Potato #14 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 January 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

I'd say neither Mines nor Ensk are suited for high tiers, both got a 1 for me due to that very reason, but then again a simple tier restriction on both of them would boost them up quite a bit, at least to "meh" levels, so in the end I hope they don't just consider the votes as a go ahead for a rework but rather consider all options available.

IMO Ensk is fine for higher tiers. Even though it's viewed with the mindset of ''heavies go here and TDs camp here'' it actually doesn't play like that. The city is generally played around that one area in standard mode but rest of the map is freely used. In a matchup that has variety in classes it works the best, in a heavy matchup it is the worst. Like I said, the lines are often penetrated by some tanks that find a gap through the field, train tracks or the city and that's when chaos is created. Tanks have to go back to support and it isn't anymore a frontal fight. And this from my own experience happens very often, almost every match. Encounter on the map although seems to stagnate on the field, but then again lets me to move through the city or traint racks to flank the enemy and challenge them elsewhere.

Interestingly, isn't Ensk (600x600) smaller than Mines (800x800)? Mines just feels very small for higher tiers and it definitely needs to be dropped down in tiers.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostSoup_Potato, on 08 January 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Go for it, limit Mines to tier 6 like Province but fix the south spawn first so new players doesn't get the imbalance feelings early on.

I am sorry but i disagree with you on Ensk, it doesn't have a nice layout and it doesn't have a nice dynamic. There are two whole classes of vehicles that are crippled in this map, lights and SPGs. Although i don't play arty but i feel their frustration.

Lights can have very good games in the nooks and crannies of Ensk that you describe but they will always be out of their element and doing secondary functions.

SuedKAT #16 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSoup_Potato, on 08 January 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

IMO Ensk is fine for higher tiers. Even though it's viewed with the mindset of ''heavies go here and TDs camp here'' it actually doesn't play like that. The city is generally played around that one area in standard mode but rest of the map is freely used. In a matchup that has variety in classes it works the best, in a heavy matchup it is the worst. Like I said, the lines are often penetrated by some tanks that find a gap through the field, train tracks or the city and that's when chaos is created. Tanks have to go back to support and it isn't anymore a frontal fight. And this from my own experience happens very often, almost every match. Encounter on the map although seems to stagnate on the field, but then again lets me to move through the city or traint racks to flank the enemy and challenge them elsewhere.

Interestingly, isn't Ensk (600x600) smaller than Mines (800x800)? Mines just feels very small for higher tiers and it definitely needs to be dropped down in tiers.

I strongly disagree and don't even get me started on how horrible it is to be bottom tier on it, I agree with XxKuzkina_MatxX above (all out of likes though).

Soup_Potato #17 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 January 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

I am sorry but i disagree with you on Ensk, it doesn't have a nice layout and it doesn't have a nice dynamic. There are two whole classes of vehicles that are crippled in this map, lights and SPGs. Although i don't play arty but i feel their frustration.

Lights can have very good games in the nooks and crannies of Ensk that you describe but they will always be out of their element and doing secondary functions.

Yeah, for SPGs and lights it definitely is an unfortunate map to get. To disagree a bit still, I would say for lights that aren't in a top tier matchup where they could be classified as a medium. It is bad for lights that are there to do the scouting job. But same can be said for Himmelsdorf for example. Himmelsdorf and Ensk have the same kind of vibe for lights (and arty) but Himmelsdorf isn't considered really a bad map. On it when playing a light you kinda have to go hill or train tracks, same as train tracks or field on Ensk. Then again we can look open maps like Prokorovka and Malinovka and call them unfortunate to get on as a heavy (or slow) tank. They aren't really crippled and are able to do something, but still it's fairly similar. One has to accept that not all maps can't suit all classes of tanks, no matter how much we want it. There has to be the variety of open maps and city maps and things in between.

Block Quote

Go for it, limit Mines to tier 6 like Province but fix the south spawn first so new players doesn't get the imbalance feelings early on.

Indeed, and this is what I gave my feedback about and gave Mines as example of the worst map. The map works just okay for lower tiers and in that sense isn't considered the worst map but for higher tiers it definitely is (imo).

4nt #18 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24660 battles
Most maps should be increased in size...

Soup_Potato #19 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 January 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

I strongly disagree and don't even get me started on how horrible it is to be bottom tier on it, I agree with XxKuzkina_MatxX above (all out of likes though).

Why not start? What is the point of trying to have a discussion when you won't speak your mind. Please do explain. I understand struggles of bottom tier for some classes on Ensk, but wouldn't you agree bottom tier heavy for example suffers from the same thing on Prokhorovka for example, which is considered as one of the best maps in the game. E: so being bottom tier is pretty much a different issue and not a map layout issue.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 08 January 2019 - 07:22 PM.

SuedKAT #20 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSoup_Potato, on 08 January 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Then again we can look open maps like Prokorovka and Malinovka and call them unfortunate to get on as a heavy (or slow) tank. They aren't really crippled and are able to do something, but still it's fairly similar. One has to accept that not all maps can't suit all classes of tanks, no matter how much we want it. There has to be the variety of open maps and city maps and things in between.

There is really only one thing that counters heavy/slow tanks on Proko or Malinovka and that's arty, however that can be said for everyone present on those maps. Both maps offers the possibility for every tank class regardless of MM to have a significant impact either in terms of damage, spotting or a combination of the two. I would much rather spawn into both of those maps in a bottom tier tank, including a bottom tier heavy/slow tank than do the same on Mines or Ensk since I know that on Proko and Malinovka I can still have a good game, on Ensk or Mines I'm mostly cannon fodder

View PostSoup_Potato, on 08 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

Why not start? What is the point of trying to have a discussion when you won't speak your mind. Please do explain. I understand struggles of bottom tier for some classes on Ensk, but wouldn't you agree bottom tier heavy for example suffers from the same thing on Prokhorovka for example, which is considered as one of the best maps in the game. E: so being bottom tier is pretty much a different issue and not a map layout issue.

That's an expression, in other words it's so horrible that I can't even find words to describe how awful it is to be put in that situation. Your always at a disadvantage as bottom tier but on Proko you have the ability to negate a lot of that disadvantage, just yesterday I got a scout medal in my bottom tier TD on that map, had it been Ensk I would be a roadbump at best.

Also tagged with Survey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users