Tier 8 Rentals, just STOP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MrMoon111 #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 275 battles

I have no logical explanation as to why Wargaming thinks this is a good idea.

Currently my account has pushed it's way to the KV-1.  That tank has a 80% crew, no skills.  Cannot afford equipment.

And they decide to email me which puts me in a iS-6 rental.   At this point, one might not even have a 80% crew and could

of gone with the 50% crew the rental tank came with.  Hell at this point one might not even know they could use tier KV-1 crew in a 

premium tank without penalty.  And how many would of been smart enough to wind up with a rental in a tank class and

nation they already have?   

Looking at the quality of teammates I have had, perhaps the match-making adjusts for a new player at tier 8, because

most of what I've seen has been really bad.   But my total games is currently <300.  Putting a new player in this 

experience is going to accomplish what exactly?  Upset the balance of the games?  Upset the team the new player

is one?  Upset the new player because they end up looking like a turd?   Even if you're an experienced player,

having no equipment, no premium-skill rounds, no skills, is going to be a frustrating experience.

I don't see how these rentals make anyone happy.

AzoreanOutkast #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10156 battles

They do!

If u are not having a good experience and dont wanna do it, them dont, no one forces u to do it!

With the amount of battles u got, dont be so eager to go up the tiers too fast, that is the mistake alot of ppl do and WG also seens to miss that point and now makes new players skip the lower tiers and important lessons on how to play.

But for other players like me that have already unlocked some tier 10, and have alot of tanks open in the tech tree and dont mind buying premium tanks, this rental is good we get to try a tank that we might like and can buy it afterwards, or see that the tank we were hopping for is terrible for us and save the money.

Just cause an offer is at hand doesnt mean ur forced to take it!

But mind this, u can get your KV1 crew in it and use that to boost up their XP and them when rental ends get them back on the KV1 since u dont need to retrain to putt it back and ur KV1 is gonna performe alot better as the crew improves.

Homer_J #3 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30108 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMrMoon111, on 08 January 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

I have no logical explanation as to why Wargaming thinks this is a good idea.

Currently my account has pushed it's way to the KV-1.  That tank has a 80% crew, no skills. 

You didn't at least get one girl from the Xmas event?

My son has only about 300 battles, I bought him 3 boxes but he doesn't play that often yet he already has festive level X.

Also did you do the boot camp?  That lets you jump into a tier VI for free.

Also

MrMoon111 #4 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 275 battles

Most players are quiting in droves because this game isn't fair.  Some will whine about arty, premium tanks, etc., but it's almost like everything Wargaming touches is to make things as lop-sided as possible.  These rentals?  What purpose does it serve?  Really if you want to see premium tanks, perhaps offer someone a tier 6.  People get upset with a muppet on their team for good reason. but a top tier heavy muppet?  Might cost a team a game.  What a great gaming experience that makes it.   

jack_timber #5 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35159 battles

Dunno about leaving in droves... There were some 160k online at one point last night.

Don't be so negative it really is a great game especially as you work up whatever tier/class/nation you decide on.

As you do your crew does get much better subsequently so does the "handling" of your tank.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67938 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMrMoon111, on 08 January 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Most players are quiting in droves because this game isn't fair.  Some will whine about arty, premium tanks, etc., but it's almost like everything Wargaming touches is to make things as lop-sided as possible.  These rentals?  What purpose does it serve?  Really if you want to see premium tanks, perhaps offer someone a tier 6.  People get upset with a muppet on their team for good reason. but a top tier heavy muppet?  Might cost a team a game.  What a great gaming experience that makes it.   

And others leave because WG is greedy and don't even give them rental tanks or free stuff. People leave for different reasons. WG can't please all. And this is an attempt to tone done on of the whine groups. It's simple as that. If you can't use it, or don't feel you have a good enough crew. Then don't use it. But then again that's what a crew trainer is for, and why some use it. So their KV-1 crew is not an 80% crew anymore. Heck half my IS-6 battles have been in sub 100% crews. Same for my Matilda IV, It has had more crews on 75 to 100% then anyone of my prems. I think I can count the battles with 6th sense on it on one hand. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 January 2019 - 10:33 PM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18545 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
Because rentals are given to all players including the majority that have enough games played to know the ropes, have 100% crew with a skill or few and can afford equipment. How should WG choose what are acceptable account "progress" to grant access to rentals? How happy would the ones that wouldn't qualify be?

Zmago5000 #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3040 battles
i got two premiums lately on rent and I am very happy I could try them. What I found out was, that LOWE is kinda good tank worth buying maybe when on discount, and TIG.JG. 8.8 is crappy TD not worth buying. Since I was almost  determined to buy it before the rent I am now 100% sure not to buy it after the rent  lol

Edited by Zmago5000, 09 January 2019 - 09:27 AM.

SiliconSidewinder #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28039 battles

you are supposed to say: "wow! now I can finaly try some of the real stuff and see the big tanks! OMG there's a maus! let's shoot at it.."

you know it's a teaser to let you see how cool the game is in the higher tiers, get you excited about moving up and perhaps spending some monies on the way. ;)

and if you get to grind some xp for your crew and earn a heap of credits, so much the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users