Some thoughts about the Holiday Ops event

#WG scam #WG milking players

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

CelalaltJe #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42810 battles

One week until event is over and as usual lately, WG managed to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Why? 

Last year event was nice and fine and everybody was happy. What do WG did with that info? They thought they can milk some more money from their players. How? 

Well, let's see:

- first of all, last year total nr of decorations needed for completing Collections was 251. This year is 313, "only" 62 decorations more...

- second of all, nr of lvl 5 decorations needed for completion was only 13 per style last year, but this year they jumped quite a bit, meaning there's 19 deco needed for New Year style, 17 for Lunar New Year, 21!!! for Magic New Year and "only" 16 for Christmas style. So, last year 52 deco for completing all styles, this year "only" 73. 

- third of all and in direct connection with point nr 2, lvl 5 deco are almost impossible to get in game by completing missions, I did all missions this far and received only 4 or 5 lvl 5 deco from small boxes awarded in game. 

So, if u don't buy any large boxes from greedy WG, u have 0% chance of completing any of the 4 styles available this year. 

If the game is not PTW, there's should be a fair chance for every player to get max bonus by just playing the game. But there's not. If u don't pay, u can't complete. Simple. And that's another bad note for WG. And it's already a trend, since last event, SU 130PM challenge, was a lot more demanding for players than the previous one, for the Caernavon AX. 

If u don't adress this matters quick, u will lose ur players base, WG. 

I've attached some pics, to see clearly differences between last year and this one.

I hope someone from WG bothers to answer, tho I don't have many expectations. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_058a.jpg   1.24MB
  • Attached File   shot_059a.jpg   1.18MB
  • Attached File   shot_060a.jpg   1.34MB
  • Attached File   shot_061a.jpg   1.27MB

RaxipIx #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32090 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Let me get this straight, this game IS P2W because WG does not let you complete  the decorations without buying boxes... to get some shitty camos. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You having completed the 2018 set proves what? As we all did... when we got gems this year. 

And p2w is getting one set before you did? I mean last year a mate of mine played every day. He did not get a single set. I got China by farming all my lvl 5 decorations on the last day. And I did not even play all days. This yeah he got one set already, and almost done with a 2nd one. No large boxes bought. I'm almost done with one as it's on 70. So if anything it's luck more so then p2w. 

Yes last year we only needed 63. And this year we needed more for a set. But... we also had more weekly missions. So you got more boxes in a week this year vs last year. So it's not like they gave you the same demanding more.

And most that do complete as set or two for free. All did the same thing. They did not waste gems early on, on decorations they got the next week in boxes anyway. As I suspect you did. And as I said, there is one more set of large boxes before the reset. And most wait until the last day to craft anything to increase the chances to avoid getting dupilcates later. As I've not crafted a single one. And yet one of my sets is at 70, with over 25K gems and all level 5 decorations still up to get destroyed for gems. I suspect I will get the skin I want still. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 January 2019 - 10:23 PM.

xtrem3x #4 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33582 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

Blah blah blah

Pointless thread, been posted before.

More whine please...

Joggaman #5 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24634 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

OIias_of_Sunhillow #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25241 battles

It's for camouflage.! Seriously, is it really worth getting so annoyed and wound up with the whole thing ?

Yeah, great, if you get them all, boo, if you don't.

That's how it is.

The fact that some choose to buy their way through the chances of getting them, well, so what.

I chose, this year to limit my spending on loot boxes, simple fact is, this year I'm skint.

But it doesn't mean I've enjoyed the seasonal events any less. 

I just had to remember the dire consequences should I ignore what 'er indoors warned me not to do.

The one thing I am glad about, I managed to complete last years collections. ;)

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18772 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Player 1 posts a thread about the Christmas event and how it is milking players, its a scam, etc etc etc.

Player 2 comes along and instead of adding his thoughts to that thread creates another thread and says all the same things.

What is it with some players? Are their thoughts and complaints so important that they cannot share a thread?

Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 64180 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostRaxipIx, on 08 January 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

Let me get this straight, this game IS P2W because WG does not let you complete  the decorations without buying boxes... to get some shitty camos. 

This ... so much this. The real bonus is that 50% you can easily achieve on free xp, xp, crew xp and credits for a month. Those cammo's are really not worth it imho.

This event, just like last years, is the best event of the year.

CelalaltJe #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42810 battles

I see that perhaps, I didn't make myself understood.

It's not about the crap or no crap camos, it's about the trend WG has embarked in. Every event is harder than the previous one and more often, if u pay u have advantages over FtP players. That's what is bothering me. And it should be obvious. 

Balcora is telling me that even if more decos are needed for completing collections, there are more missions available. True, but what he is forgetting is that - and i have stated that - u get very few lvl 5 deco from in game missions. More than 60% of decos received are lvl 1, which gives 10 gems by shredding, about 30% are lvl 2 (20 gems), 7-8% are lvl 3 ( and very few lvl 4. And to forge a specific lvl 5 deco 1.440 gems are needed. Your 25k gems will only get u 17 lvl 5 decos. And u are impolite implying that i'm that stupid that i wasted my gems, if u have watched more carefully my pics, u would have seen that i also have more than 23,5k in gems. I've only used some for completing last year collections. And the pics i posted was to prove the difference between last year and now, when only 13 lvl 5 decos were needed for completing a collection and this year u need in average 18 for the same task. That's a 38% increase. If that seems not much too u, then we clearly are seeing things completely different.  

I like the event, don't get me wrong. The fact that annoys me is that WG is steadily increasing tasks difficulty in a effort to keep their player more time logged in game. And that's wrong IMO. 

And about PTW. 

IMO, when the only way to obtain a reward in a game, is by buying it with real money, then the game is pay to win. PTW is not reffering only to obtain victories in game by paying real money, it extends to any rewards in game which are obtainable only by paying. 

My 2 cents.

Edited by CelalaltJe, 09 January 2019 - 12:00 PM.

eldrak #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49232 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

You really have no clue what P2W is.

Paying for cosmetics is pretty much the best way to keep a free to play game going so that there doesn't have to be pay to win element in it. 

Although, it is a bit annoying that they added all these extra tier IV and V decorations compared to last year.

The_Georgian_One #11 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38566 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
The camos are so ugly, I only used 2 from last year's rewards and will use none from this. Much ado about nothing.

shikaka9 #12 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 63559 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
And the GOOD NEWS we will get these camos this december ;)

HarpalusKarmalus #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1882 battles

View PostCelalaltJe, on 08 January 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

One week until event is over and as usual lately, WG managed to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Why? 

Why? Because you're a perpetual whiner?

DuncaN_101 #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 54159 battles

View PostCelalaltJe, on 09 January 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

My 2 cents.

Too bad 0 fox are given ... 

Most will get your point but this is the path WG is on for some time now. Nothing new  

Simeon85 #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Decoration level 10 (and this all the stuff you get), plus getting all 4 collections to the point where you get the 50% bonus is ALL easily achievable.

So you are literally moaning about some ugly camos.

And even then I have completed one collection with boxes and another one just by playing, and I don't play that much, so even then your crappy point is wrong.

All the issues with the game and people complain about free stuff they get by just playing completely normally, its baffling. 

Edited by Simeon85, 09 January 2019 - 03:38 PM.

Homer_J #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30169 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCelalaltJe, on 08 January 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Well, let's see:

- first of all, last year total nr of decorations needed for completing Collections was 251. This year is 313, "only" 62 decorations more...

- second of all, nr of lvl 5 decorations needed for completion was only 13 per style last year, but this year they jumped quite a bit, meaning there's 19 deco needed for New Year style, 17 for Lunar New Year, 21!!! for Magic New Year and "only" 16 for Christmas style. So, last year 52 deco for completing all styles, this year "only" 73. 

- third of all and in direct connection with point nr 2, lvl 5 deco are almost impossible to get in game by completing missions, I did all missions this far and received only 4 or 5 lvl 5 deco from small boxes awarded in game. 

You need more but they must be giving out more because I never completed a collection last year yet this year I completed all of last years and one of this years.  And I don't even play that much.

As for not getting level V decorations, I seem to be getting about 1 a day.

Here's today's haul.

Posted Image

So 1 tier V out of 50, which is about the rate I would have said I have been seeing.

The main rewards are getting a level X garage, which even a casual player could easily do this year.  Unlike the first tree we had where you really had to have no life or pay.

Robbie_T #17 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17595 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

got 3 sets completed

but i will not put that ugly cammo on any of my tanks. real dissapointing rather seen some normal"special camo's" or more of those that came with the bigboxes.

GAPPESTEIN #18 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 45276 battles

I played every day, got all missions every time.

Made the dumb mistake of putting the rewards from  my 100 bought loot boxes too soon into the Decorider, but it got me 1 collection complete and with regular play I got a 2nd collection complete.

Still need 9 deco's ( all level 5) to complete last 2 collections.

Got from the lootboxes 2x the IS-3A and a bunch of other stuff

I like to get the collection complete, before the event ends, so fingers crossed if I will.

Got them last years event all before it ended.

So I am not complaining, I like the event and I do not feel cheated by WG,

I was a little disappointed that the decorations went from 251 to 313,because I would like to get all the collections done in this event but I think I will not make that .

I was hoping for a little more level IV and V deco's in the boxes which I got by playing the missions because of the raised to get deco's,

but hell, it is for some skins, slogans and  emblems

So I play on and will see the last 9 this event or the next

:teethhappy:

Edited by GAPPESTEIN, 10 January 2019 - 02:09 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30999 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

And about PTW. 

IMO, when the only way to obtain a reward in a game, is by buying it with real money, then the game is pay to win. PTW is not reffering only to obtain victories in game by paying real money, it extends to any rewards in game which are obtainable only by paying. 

My 2 cents.

P2W is paying to win. P2lookpretty is paying to make your tank look pretty and has no relation to your chance to win. They are not the same thing.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHomer_J, on 09 January 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

You need more but they must be giving out more because I never completed a collection last year yet this year I completed all of last years and one of this years.  And I don't even play that much.

I suspect that's why some are not getting 2 this year... or one. As they also wasted gems on last years decorations to complete the other 2 or 3 they lacked. And last year we did not have that option. I got the Chinese one last year, needed 480 gems to get the Russian one. And more or less all the lvl 4 and 5's on the other two. So over 5K gems needed. I'm not gonna waste that much until I know I got the one I wanted in the new collection. 

And if OP did waste gems completing last years set, and wasted a few K on that. I can see why he and others would find it more tricky to complete it this year. 

I see that perhaps, I didn't make myself understood.

It's not about the crap or no crap camos, it's about the trend WG has embarked in. Every event is harder than the previous one and more often, if u pay u have advantages over FtP players. That's what is bothering me. And it should be obvious. 

No trust me. That part was clear as day. But... calling a jolly camo p2w is a bit... well.  

And about PTW. 

How is me looking more dashing and more jolly in my tank with the camo and the presents emblems on it making me win more? As that's what we got. Camo. Not a premium tank with 900 alpha and 600 pen with an 80% camo rating. 

My 2 cents.

And that's exactly what our posts were. Out 2 cents. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 January 2019 - 04:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users