Are German Tanks "overnerfed"?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Spider_967 #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10514 battles
  • [_Z_] _Z_

Hi Folks this is my first entry. I am usually lurking on the German Forum, but rather often I visit the English Forum as I have the Impression that many comments on the German Forum especially about in Game Vehicles are rather "Ranty".

Do you think that German Tanks like the Tiger II and the E 75 are not usable anymore? That they were better once? I am also asking because my Clan told me to grind the Obj. 257 (Which I already have) and the IS-7. It's  a bit of a sad world where everything Looks the same and has to be played the same way. Occasionally you see a Loewe, but that's a Premium.

So what are your recent experiences with this tanks and are there recent Tutorials meaning made after the changes to the E 75?

I am not trying to troll or provoke. But as some of the "Dogs" turned out fun to Play I am rather weary of some of the comments about them.

Thanks in advance and of course feel free to move the Topic if it does not fit. Of Course I looked up existing threads but a lot of them is quite old.

Good and entertaining Games everyone!

Greeting from Vienna

Spider_967

SuedKAT #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The German tech-tree is quite extensive so it's bound to have some "stinkers" in it, however the German tree seems to be a bit over represented in that regard. Personally I feel it's more down to power creep and meta changes than anything else, the maps we have now are many times not designed around the strengths the German tanks have.

Thejagdpanther #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35243 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

The huge issue is the sigma>dispersion modification in the last years.

The left column is the "good one" the right colum is the "bad one" (that we have now).
As you can see, in the left column the dispersion is still a relevant parameter, the differences between "derp guns" and accurate guns are clearly visible.
In the right column, the likehood that the shell land in the center of the reticle is very high no matter the gun you are using.

Low dispersion guns are a characterizing tract of the german lines (and some others), but they have also normal to low alpha, so you keep the distances and keep firing.
High dispersion guns have usually higher alpha that compensate that, and you have to get closer to hit the target.
With the left colum dispersion-sigma that is ok, but with the right one everything is screwed up, you have 0,4 guns that can hit your ws at 350+ mts with high damage and become even more dangerous as they close the distance.

Germans tonks are not overnerfed, but they suffer (like a lot of other tanks) of bad changes to the gameplay, powercreep and in general a dumbing down situation from wg.

eekeeboo #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45835 battles
German tanks have generally seen more buffs than nerfs. It's just that as the game evolves, new mechanics arrive and new maps are introduced the old status quo can feel outdated/aged. This is why they are due for rebalancing in 2019. 

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51845 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
It's quite simple.  People ground out the German line long ago.  WG introduce new lines it is in their interest to make the new lines better.  That way the people who find their German tanks inadequate will want to grind the new lines.  That's what WG want.  There's noting in it for them for people to just sit on a line they've already ground out.  No money will be spent.

Thejagdpanther #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35243 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

German tanks have generally seen more buffs than nerfs. It's just that as the game evolves, new mechanics arrive and new maps are introduced the old status quo can feel outdated/aged. This is why they are due for rebalancing in 2019. 

It's possibile to "expand" a little the last sentence?
:)

M5A1 #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18405 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

View PostThejagdpanther, on 09 January 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

It's possibile to "expand" a little the last sentence?
:)

Well, E-100 and Leo 1 buffs were already announced as far as I am informed. I guess that more tanks will follow up. 

eekeeboo #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45835 battles

View PostM5A1, on 09 January 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Well, E-100 and Leo 1 buffs were already announced as far as I am informed. I guess that more tanks will follow up. 

​It's not just those tanks but the lines of those tanks will be looked at in 2019 as per the WG Fest announcement :honoring:

CCCP_PzkpfwX #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14538 battles
  • [-NLG-] -NLG-

E50M is a bit outclassed by some non German meds (not like Leo ofc), but can we expect some work on its branch too? I mean, I do not get it why it has worse mobility than tier 9, E50, and they are basically the same (except turret and transmission position). Also T10 VK will have any tweaks done on it and its branch?

Cheers! :)

undutchable80 #10 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

​It's not just those tanks but the lines of those tanks will be looked at in 2019 as per the WG Fest announcement :honoring:

Up to T7 in the MT and HT lines (waiting for discounts to buy them), but I was already planning on putting further German grinds on hold and focus on other nations and lines (grinding 15-20 lines at the moment), so this is welcome news and validates my decision to wait before continuing up the German trees. :great:

Spider_967 #11 Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10514 battles
  • [_Z_] _Z_

Thank you very much for your entries!

I will also wait before I grind other German heavies especially from VIII-X. I hope the balancing Comes in favour of the E 75 for example and makes the Tiger II more than just a Name from WW II but also a valuable Addition to each Garage!

So Thanks

- SuedKat for your Analysis

- Thejagdpanther for the diagrams

- eekeeboo and undutchable80 for your prognosis

- M5A1 and CCCP_PzKpfwX for their insights

Thanks Folks just grinded the IS-7 instead of the E 100 as I had originally planned

cheers from Vienna!

Spider_967

CCCP_PzkpfwX #12 Posted Yesterday, 09:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14538 battles
  • [-NLG-] -NLG-

View PostSpider_967, on 13 January 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

Thank you very much for your entries!

I will also wait before I grind other German heavies especially from VIII-X. I hope the balancing Comes in favour of the E 75 for example and makes the Tiger II more than just a Name from WW II but also a valuable Addition to each Garage!

So Thanks

- SuedKat for your Analysis

- Thejagdpanther for the diagrams

- eekeeboo and undutchable80 for your prognosis

- M5A1 and CCCP_PzKpfwX for their insights

Thanks Folks just grinded the IS-7 instead of the E 100 as I had originally planned

cheers from Vienna!

Spider_967

Hi!

You are welcome, sir!

Just to detail you the German heavies experience so far for me and maybe will pinpoint some future tweaks for them:

The idea is that I started this game because I wanted to play on the German techtree, because history and bla bla bla.. I have the 3 T10s heavies Maus, E100, VK ( " FailLowe " ) in the garage and they begun collecting dust, especially the E100.. it's just so easy to pen it nowadays with all gold spam. Even it's high caliber gun when punches is not satisfying when hits, because you are just a big HP pinata for all ppl spamming gold. Maus is troll to play especially when angling and you see so many bounces (but this is the idea of it right?) the only pain I find in this tank is the low pen value on standard rounds, at least in my opinion, and the fact that you get to die raped by 10000 tanks at the end of the game if you have bob team. Regarding the FailLowe, I really like it, grinded like a couple weeks ago and it really seems balanced. You have to be super careful how you angle it to not get hit in the bumps from beneath the turret, which I find very easy to hit (this is why i asked if they might tweak it). The rest, I feel it quite bouncy and fun to play if u skip the sluggish movement part.

Cheers!

Edited by CCCP_PzkpfwX, Yesterday, 09:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users