WOT status conclusions

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Flyff #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8198 battles

Hi all and Hi WG in special,

I have to keep this short, not because I do not want to share my conclusions in a larger post, but because I lack the time at this very moment to write my opinion in a long and detailed post, however, I'd prefer so.
It is with some pain in the hart that I conclude that day after day WOT is derailing on different terrains.

Overtime, as an analist,  I've well observed the game's progress. There had been things I liked and things, I liked less (to say it nicely). As long as these progresses were somehow in balance I was fine with it. But as from the introduction of Chinese and Japanese tanks on, the game somehow became a different expierience and stopped somehow it's balanced or even positive evolution. 

More and more OP and outbalanced tanks saw their entry to the game, good maps dissappeared, matchmaking had its issues because playerstats didn't match with the tankbalances, too many tanks were added, the look and feel of the game somehow reversed,... just to name some of the issues I noticed were mostly mentioned. Checking out the forum, I noticed it was not only back then, but even more nowadays a  common frustration which made me think we have to act. So I thought of of a potential solution which I would, convinced that it won't be tried out due to a lot of work, like to suggest to you anyways.

I was thinking of the possibility to make a second server with only the vehicles and maps as there were when there was only USSR, US, German and UK (french will be fine too) vehicles. Offcource with the graphics of today since that has been the only thing still positively evolving... That server would then be used just to evaluate if indeed people would notice the initial WOT expierience again and rate it better. 
Have to leave it with this for this post, but I hope you somehow see what direction I am heading to?

If others feel like this too, feel free te reply your opinion and thoughts about this idea.

After all, It hurts to see this, to me, best game ever, die a silent death which is allready sneaking into it nowadays.

Cheers Flyff   -  sharing this opinion with my son War_Ace

SuedKAT #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFlyff, on 08 January 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

as an analist

Tell me more...

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25937 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 January 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Tell me more...

He gets to the bottom of things.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
As an analyst, you'd know that this isn't just a bad idea, but also something that won't ever happen if you think about WG's standpoint on something like that.

Edited by Jigabachi, 09 January 2019 - 12:51 AM.

Joggaman #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25233 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 January 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Tell me more...

There has been things he liked and things, he liked less (to say it nicely).

Labrador_wow_wow #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36026 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 08 January 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

He has a deep understanding of the issues

divsmo #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36605 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Thanks for that, have to clean coffee from my screen now!

jack_timber #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40323 battles

Just hope he doesn't make an arse of it....

1ucky #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85585 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Dorander #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
Come on guys, he's trying to share his honest opinion of the game here, stop making him the butt of your jokes.

MrClark56 #11 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 7213 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 January 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Tell me more...

tell me more tell me more

Did you get very far??  Aha aha 

Sorry my parents made me watch grease too many damn times..

BR33K1_PAWAH #12 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post1ucky, on 09 January 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

:teethhappy:

eekeeboo #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47047 battles

As an analyst you will also be aware that the importance of analysis is having as much information as possible. In a non-negative way, you unfortunately do not have all that information on the trend. Yes player numbers are less than they were a few years ago. 

But over-all why can that be? Causes? How does balancing actually affect that? Compare that with a natural life cycle of a game etc. 

Once you consider all that you then have to look at the fact, realistically a game can literally only be played by so many people for so long, part of WoT isn't just the way you balance but the way you can encourage new players to join and keep them, above all this, not just the number of players but the number of people who will also invest in your game unless you want to run on advertising. 

Homer_J #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFlyff, on 08 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

It is with some pain in the hart

Oh deer. :deer:

As for going back to just Russian, German, UK, US and OK French (which came before British) BTW.  Are you also wanting the tech trees rearranging how they were?  IS-4 at tier IX? KV-3 at tier VI?  100mm back on the T-34-85?

loot_the_supermarket #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8591 battles

I have to keep this short,

You failed

Bordhaw #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

I have to keep this short, not because I do not want to share my conclusions in a larger post, but because I lack the time at this very moment to write my opinion in a long and detailed post, however, I'd prefer so.
It is with some pain in the hart that I conclude that day after day WOT is derailing on different terrains.

Overtime, as an analist,  I've well observed the game's progress. There had been things I liked and things, I liked less (to say it nicely). As long as these progresses were somehow in balance I was fine with it. But as from the introduction of Chinese and Japanese tanks on, the game somehow became a different expierience and stopped somehow it's balanced or even positive evolution. 

More and more OP and outbalanced tanks saw their entry to the game, good maps dissappeared, matchmaking had its issues because playerstats didn't match with the tankbalances, too many tanks were added, the look and feel of the game somehow reversed,... just to name some of the issues I noticed were mostly mentioned. Checking out the forum, I noticed it was not only back then, but even more nowadays a  common frustration which made me think we have to act. So I thought of of a potential solution which I would, convinced that it won't be tried out due to a lot of work, like to suggest to you anyways.

I was thinking of the possibility to make a second server with only the vehicles and maps as there were when there was only USSR, US, German and UK (french will be fine too) vehicles. Offcource with the graphics of today since that has been the only thing still positively evolving... That server would then be used just to evaluate if indeed people would notice the initial WOT expierience again and rate it better. 
Have to leave it with this for this post, but I hope you somehow see what direction I am heading to?

If others feel like this too, feel free te reply your opinion and thoughts about this idea.

After all, It hurts to see this, to me, best game ever, die a silent death which is allready sneaking into it nowadays.

kaneloon #17 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30968 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

You shouldn't be so hard, I think that is what it's about.

Other game, even older, and same nostalgia :

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/280096-wow-classic-will-launch-summer-2019-with-unique-strategy-to-capture-players

20:59 Added after 4 minutes
I must add that as a WoW beta player I stopped playing a game after few extensions as I didn't recognize anymore the game I had liked.

m1x_angelico #18 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24782 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
Not gonna troll you like some of the others. I dont agree with your idea, because it would possibly split the player base and require making of a new client (which makes it unrealistic). Well, at least you got input from WG staff, which is more than some others have gotten.

arthurwellsley #19 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

It is with some pain in the hart [Hart = type of dear, Heart = what you probably mean] that I conclude that day after day WOT is derailing on different terrains.

Overtime, as an analist [ Probably not what you meant to describe yourself as. Possibly you meant that you were an analyst?],  I've well observed the game's progress. There had been things I liked and things, I liked less (to say it nicely). As long as these progresses were somehow in balance I was fine with it. But as from the introduction of Chinese and Japanese tanks on, the game somehow became a different expierience and stopped somehow it's balanced or even positive evolution. 

Dear Flyff

You are very wrong in your analysis. One of the largest recent jumps in player numbers occurred when the Swedish trees were introduced.

It therefore seems likely that new content increases player numbers.

If you want the servers to keep running then WG needs to be encouraged to develope new content to attract new players, get sufficient buzz to get old players back, and still retain the old loyal customers who never went away. The third group is actually the most important for the majority of businesses. Retention is taught in Business 101.

undutchable80 #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'd rather see a separate server for premium tanks only, so regular tech tree tanks can fight each other on one server and premiums on the other. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users