3 Marking the LTs / Tier 6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Snaques #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32038 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

As some of you noticed, I took upon a challenge of three marking all LTs. I have no idea if I will even be able to do the tier X, but I did clear the tier Vs late last year and posted a summary of it:

http://forum.worldof...the-lts-tier-5/

Well, today I got the marks to the 59-16, which meant that now I'm also done with tier 6 (Premiums shall be a separate post one day). Here's how it went:

Now just like I did with tier 5, I figured I'd summarize my thoughts on the tier 6 LTs so here we go:

VK 28.01

I wasn't a big fan of the tier 5 Leopard so I wasn't expecting much from the VK being a very similar looking tank. However, I was pleasantly surprised as almost everything felt a bit better making the whole gaming experience much more enjoyable. The gun is still on the pew pew side, but handles better. You got 20m more view range so you get more spotting. It is also still a great ramming tank thought the armor doesn't really work anymore. I'd say VK is more on the active end of scout spectrum.

Grade: 6/10

MT-25

MT-25 shares some similarities with the VK as you have a pew pew gun, good mobility and they both are rather heavy LTs which makes them nice for ramming other LTs. The two big drawbacks however are lack of view range and gun dep which really hurt. Some of the games I played with binos, but in some I just gave up on passive spotting, dropped binos for vents and moved around annoying the enemies and getting assistance in the process. I'd say the MT-25 requires maybe the most situational awareness of the bunch as you have to move between positions looking for opportunities more.

Grade: 5/10

T37

This was my first tier 6 LT and I played it a lot when I had no clue (hence the stats). Before 9.18 it was really fun, but now it's more like an upgraded Chaffee. You can do a bit of everything, but the gun is really bad and view range was also nerfed a lot. I used the binos with the T37 as it is lacking the clear strength so with binos you could at least be an efficient scout. It does have decent DPM and gun handling on the move so it was pretty good assassin circling around isolated enemies. Still liked it more than MT-25 probably because of more gun dep.

Grade: 6/10

T21

The T21 was way better than the T37 with way more accurate gun, gun dep and view range, while also being more agile. When med/top tier I used it more as a light MT providing mid range support. (Obviously if you are the only LT, you play it like one.) The 380m view range is really what makes it such a good LT at tier 6 and allows you to passive spot when needed. You can get away with optics if you have decent crew.

Grade: 7/10

AMX 12t

The first autoloader in the tree(s?) and a clear separation from the lower tier LTs. It's really nothing special apart from the autoloader, but having the clip potential of 540 with good pen at tier 6 is massive. You can't use the rammer so binos is a good choice. You can start the battle by sitting in a bush and once the enemy positions have gotten clear, you can start eliminating them one by one. Even in city maps you can support the team by clipping enemies who have just shot. Really fun tank and my favorite of the bunch.

Grade: 8/10

59-16

My experience with 59-16 was really two fold. I knew how 4TankersandDog preaches about using the 57mm on this tank, so I started with it. Unfortunately it was veery frustrating, because you relied hugely on your spotting as the gun was so lackluster. The selling point of the 57mm is the great shell velocity and a nice APCR pen. However, you lose obviously alpha, but more surprisingly also gun handling and DPM. Cherry on the top is the shell cost of the APCR shell (2800 for 85dmg must be one of the worst deals in the game).

So yeah, eventually I went with the 76mm and never looked back. Long range you have to give A LOT of lead and will miss a lot. I just don't think that's how you play the tank, so when you get close the gun handles fine. You could debate about using binos on 59-16, but I had an aggressive load out with rammer, vstab and optics. With the big gun it was really quite ok for tier 6.

Grade: 7/10

All in all, I would say that tier 6 LTs are more of actual LTs than the tier 5 ones, but the true LT game play starts at tier 7, imho. I did enjoy the tier 6, but am glad I can now focus on tier 7, which is missing 2 marks. I'll report back once those are done.

EDIT: For record keeping purposes, these comments were made based on patch 1.3

Edited by Snaques, 12 January 2019 - 11:34 PM.

Unicorn_of_Steel #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14606 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Thanks, this is very informative for new LT players like me. Read the T5 post as well, agree on the Leopard & AMX ELC and will buy the T-50 a.s.a.p. Do you have a similar post on T4 as well?

Snaques #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32038 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 09 January 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Thanks, this is very informative for new LT players like me. Read the T5 post as well, agree on the Leopard & AMX ELC and will buy the T-50 a.s.a.p. Do you have a similar post on T4 as well?

Thanks. 

In WoT the Marks of Excellence are only given to tanks at tier 5 and up. For this reason I haven't really played the tier 4 all that much.

The best tier 4 LT though is the Luchs and its not even close. AMX 40 is probably the best tier 4 HT, no matter what the classification says. :)

azakow #4 Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 82757 battles

The armor of the MT-25 is quite cool and should be mentioned.

Not that anybody should try to make use of it on purpose.

In many matches there are situations in which other LT suffer badly from being hit, the MT-25 will produce a bounce.

I like this "feature" alot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users