Grille 12 replacement idea

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

LordSkyFury #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12620 battles
  • [R_D1] R_D1
I have bought Grille 15 few days ago and this vehicle is very situational and I started to understand players frustration and dissatisfaction when they take away WT E-100 which was at least somehow unique even if was broken before (in current meta I don't thing this vehicle would be broken anymore, because it would get easily destroyed by japanese anime tanks). But most important thing is Grille 15 is just too different from its predecessors - no fully rotational turret, fast, garbage camo, terrible gun handling, worse dpm than T9. So after thinking I came with idea to replace Grille 15 with Grille 12. Grille 12 would have fully rotational turret, would be little bit faster than T9, would have little bit worse camo tan T9, have similar gun handling, would have same similar gun depression values as T9 (5 in front, 7 on sides and back) and it would have same gun as T9 (maybe little bit more pen) but with 3 shells autoloader with 2 seconds between shots and about 34-38 second magazine reload. This would make this tank similar to its predecessors but also I hope it would kinda satisfy people who miss WT E-100. Grille 15 would stay as reward tank. What do you guys thing of this idea? Would you like to so something like this or it is completely terrible?

krismorgan #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33728 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Sounds fair to me,grille sucks(or maybe i do):confused:

LordSkyFury #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12620 battles
  • [R_D1] R_D1

View Postkrismorgan, on 09 January 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Sounds fair to me,grille sucks(or maybe i do):confused:

Grille 15 in current is terrible td, tier 9 is much better. Tbh WT auf Pz IV would make better tier 10 td than Grille.

Simeon85 #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Why not just give the Grille a fully rotatable turret, make its turret rotation bloom not amongst the worst in the game, give it its old DPM, gun depression, engine power and reverse speed back. 

Then cut the top speed down to 45kph, as really the original problem with the Grille was it rushing to forward positions like a med to shoot lights and meds trying to get spots. 

And you'll have a decent tank.

I'd also give the Waffle IV better gun depression all round, and a better engine, with a top speed of 40kph. 

LordSkyFury #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12620 battles
  • [R_D1] R_D1

View PostSimeon85, on 09 January 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Why not just give the Grille a fully rotatable turret, make its turret rotation bloom not amongst the worst in the game, give it its old DPM, gun depression, engine power and reverse speed back. 

Then cut the top speed down to 45kph, as really the original problem with the Grille was it rushing to forward positions like a med to shoot lights and meds trying to get spots. 

I'd also give the Waffle IV better gun depression all round, and a better engine, with a top speed of 40kph. 

This is also good idea.

fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50450 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSimeon85, on 09 January 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

The combination of mobility, wide gun arc, extreme aim time and 750 alpha was way too strong. The way it could peak around a corner and smack you in the face was really OP, the fact that it could go 60 was not the only problematic thing. Yes it won't do jack s against a type 5, but versus tier 8 and 9 tanks it was way too strong. Type 5, 430U, etc simply needs to be nerfed, but that doesn't create revenue ofc.

Also don't forget that it's 'horrible gun handling' is not that bad. It has laser acc, fast aim time and a turret so it can aim quickly from full move. An obj 268 or e4 aren't faster at acquiring their aim.

fabse #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 45759 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

The grille got nerved very quickly and way too badly. Considering the state of power creep, the tank should be ok if it had some of its original mobility back (at least its reverse).

Meanwhile the 430U is still OP. At least they accepted that the 268v4 was OP.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 09 January 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

The combination of mobility, wide gun arc, extreme aim time and 750 alpha was way too strong. The way it could peak around a corner and smack you in the face was really OP, the fact that it could go 60 was not the only problematic thing. Yes it won't do jack s against a type 5, but versus tier 8 and 9 tanks it was way too strong. Type 5, 430U, etc simply needs to be nerfed, but that doesn't create revenue ofc.

Also don't forget that it's 'horrible gun handling' is not that bad. It has laser acc, fast aim time and a turret so it can aim quickly from full move. An obj 268 or e4 aren't faster at acquiring their aim.

I personally don't think it was ever that problematic, I just don't think you should have had it able to rush to forward positions to heavily punish meds and lights for doing their role.

Aside from that I generally thought it was fine.

It was paper, so everything could take it down and even essentially got a DPM buff because they could use HE. 

It aimed fast but it was like the Skorp G woeful at snap shoting. 

750 alpha is about perfect for TD alpha on tier 10 IMO, even against tier 8s, considering we have the ISU or even the HEAT spamming SU able to do that two and three tiers lower.

Even the pen is not too much, nor the gold round, it just has normal tier 10 HEAT, not the lolpen APCR or HEAT some of the others have.

And also remember it has for a class cannon pretty awful camo, again making it easy for high view range meds and lights to outspot it, which again you can't say the same about the Strv for example.

I'd say out of the current and previous tier 10 TDs, it was one of the better balanced ones, yeh it was maybe a little too strong on release but I doubt it would be now and I think with the toned down speed the old Grille 15 would be weak.

Remember in the course of this game we have the JpE100 with its 1k broken alpha, the Bobject, the near invcinvible E3, the Foch 155, the Waffle E100 and the Deathstar all at their peaks, all levels of OP or broken that the Grille was not IMO. Plus the S tank with its insane camo and even the 268 back in the day was massively powerful, the Foch B has insane clip potential still as well and is min maxed. 

In terms of tier 10 TDs, then the Grille 15, E4, and 263 are probably the ones they have got about right for not being broken or min maxed. 

I also don;t really mind if the tank has high potential, it certainly had before, IIRC it still one of my highest DPG tanks even after trying to do some missions in it after the nerf, because in bad hands it is never going to be very effective. 

Edited by Simeon85, 09 January 2019 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users