Jump to content


In Supertest: TS-5


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

DaMP13R #21 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46646 battles
  • 532
  • [OM-X] OM-X
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

Some more images:

 

Spoiler

 



Tijsbeek993 #22 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10453 battles
  • 357
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

View Postundutchable80, on 11 January 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

The alpha dmg is the same as the regular tech tree T28 and the T28 prototype, so I dont understand what you mean with "and once again higher"...?

And dont most ASSAULT TDs have thick frontal armour that requires premium ammo to even have a chance to pen? Dont see much difference there either.

 

I didn't do my research, I was to bored xD.

 

You are right, I but I think the armor is a little bit too much sloped, it wil have better armor in theory.

But let's see what the supertesters think of it!



Telham #23 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12776 battles
  • 59
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View Postcro001, on 11 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

I know and it's not such terrible idea to deter average potato from sniping in assault TD but damn,...

 

Some O I and KV-2 drivers would complement TS-5's gun on its accuracy though.

 

Because you never see derp gunned red line snipers…

Then again those are usually not the average potato.



xx984 #24 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64413 battles
  • 3,486
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 10 January 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

One word: "Testing" 

 

"As always, depending on the test results, the characteristics may change. Follow the news and good luck in your battles!" 

 

just like the 268 v4? :)

kaneloon #25 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31018 battles
  • 3,778
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

Those tanks are really a pain late game when they find a hole to bury in, with a good crew and equipement they untrack between 2 shots.

Only HE can be of some use against them.

 

And any hint about its crew ? Like the tiers X ones ?



eekeeboo #26 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postxx984, on 14 January 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

 

just like the 268 v4? :)

 

​Yes just like anything else that's put into testing. And you don't say "It's OP pay-to-win" before it's even released. 

Inappropriate_noob #27 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17344 battles
  • 5,214
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
I can't see the pictures but I am thinking of the horrible T28, who would buy this if it relates to that tank?

Taudlitz #28 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22788 battles
  • 364
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

just a better version than tech tree T28,why am I not surprised. I have over 6000 battles in T28 I will not add this think to my garage. I dissagree with approach of releasing better versions of tech tree tanks as premiums. Hope you guys will do some changes after first round of suppertest.   

My suggestion would be severly nerfing gun while keeping superior mobility and armour over T28. Lower DPM to 2,3k, lower prem ammo pen to match T28, increase aim time to 2,2s, nerf gun handling. 



IGGY_0809 #29 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18006 battles
  • 323
  • [EX2] EX2
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011

Its like T28!!
Love it!!

Finally something simular to my favorite tanks T28 and T28p.

Cannot wait to see it ingame.



xx984 #30 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64413 battles
  • 3,486
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 January 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

​Yes just like anything else that's put into testing. And you don't say "It's OP pay-to-win" before it's even released. 

 

Why does it matter? The feedback is always ignored anyway. Look at tanks like the defender, blatantly OP, everyone could see it would be OP before it was released, it gets released, oh would you look at that, its OP. And now its too late for anything to be done about it. 

 

Now i personally am not too worried about this tank, But isn't the whole point of releasing these stats, and putting it on super test to gather feedback from the players? so when the players give you that feedback why do nothing about it until months and patches later? referring back to tanks like the Obj 268 V4.

 

And, Yes you do say "Its OP or pay to win" before its released, Seeing as nothing can be done if it gets on the live server because people have spent real money on it already. 



eekeeboo #31 Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postxx984, on 16 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

 

Why does it matter? The feedback is always ignored anyway. Look at tanks like the defender, blatantly OP, everyone could see it would be OP before it was released, it gets released, oh would you look at that, its OP. And now its too late for anything to be done about it. 

 

Now i personally am not too worried about this tank, But isn't the whole point of releasing these stats, and putting it on super test to gather feedback from the players? so when the players give you that feedback why do nothing about it until months and patches later? referring back to tanks like the Obj 268 V4.

 

And, Yes you do say "Its OP or pay to win" before its released, Seeing as nothing can be done if it gets on the live server because people have spent real money on it already. 

 

Super-testing isn't feedback from players as much as testing on multiple machines and loadouts to see if the tank works. For instance Supertesting tanks can involve things like spending 6 hours on a task like "Does the tank break when driving over the rocks on each map" Or "Does the tank have issues with track animation when driving over bumps" the balancing stats are part of the whole testing process. So that's what it matters. 

 

And yes, true you can say that, but you'd be so completely wrong it's unreal. For a start it's not available to buy or to play yet and it's not even in a stage where it affects your game because it's testing. It's quite literally a false statement. 



Geno1isme #32 Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48319 battles
  • 10,232
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostTaudlitz, on 15 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

just a better version than tech tree T28,why am I not surprised. I have over 6000 battles in T28 I will not add this think to my garage. I dissagree with approach of releasing better versions of tech tree tanks as premiums. Hope you guys will do some changes after first round of suppertest.  

 

Gonna depend on the actual armor model wether this is better or worse than the regular T28. Nominal 260mm doesn't automatically mean the whole front will be that strong.

With 0.44 accuracy that gun will miss quite a lot when engaging targets beyond 100m, and even with the better top-speed it's too slow to actively engage enemies at close range.

 

View PostNoobySkooby, on 15 January 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

I can't see the pictures but I am thinking of the horrible T28, who would buy this if it relates to that tank?

 

Because the T28 is a pretty strong, though unflexible tank actually.

 



Laatikkomafia #33 Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • 5,095
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

Is it tested by the same special people who thought O279e needs a buff?

 

I feel WG isn't testing anything.



xx984 #34 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64413 battles
  • 3,486
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 January 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

And yes, true you can say that, but you'd be so completely wrong it's unreal. For a start it's not available to buy or to play yet and it's not even in a stage where it affects your game because it's testing. It's quite literally a false statement.  

 

So we should tell you our opinions after its released? When people have bought, spent real money on it, and nothing can be changed about the tank because of that? Seems legit



eekeeboo #35 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postxx984, on 20 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

So we should tell you our opinions after its released? When people have bought, spent real money on it, and nothing can be changed about the tank because of that? Seems legit

 

You should say things like "This looks very strong/OP" not "This is OP". There is a HUGE difference when a vehicle is in the prototype/early testing phase of the ST and then wild claims of how this vehicle is in fact, with 100% certainty OP and game breaking. 

 

That is a legitimate approach, your reductive reasoning on the other hand, is not legitimate as you've made no attempt and with no intention of actually thinking about the matter beyond your own bias. 



xx984 #36 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64413 battles
  • 3,486
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

 

You should say things like "This looks very strong/OP" not "This is OP". There is a HUGE difference when a vehicle is in the prototype/early testing phase of the ST and then wild claims of how this vehicle is in fact, with 100% certainty OP and game breaking. 

 

That is a legitimate approach, your reductive reasoning on the other hand, is not legitimate as you've made no attempt and with no intention of actually thinking about the matter beyond your own bias. 

 

Back to what i originally said, Just like the 268 V4? Defender? Tanks which your whole community told you would over preform.

 

I'm not going to continue to argue here, Seeing as you keep missing the point entirely and will defend WG's actions no matter what, Which is somewhat expected considering you work for the company. 



eekeeboo #37 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postxx984, on 21 January 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

 

Back to what i originally said, Just like the 268 V4? Defender? Tanks which your whole community told you would over preform.

 

I'm not going to continue to argue here, Seeing as you keep missing the point entirely and will defend WG's actions no matter what, Which is somewhat expected considering you work for the company. 

 

And back to what I originally said: Yes just like anything else that's put into testing. And you don't say "It's OP pay-to-win" before it's even released.  - Did you note how my answer hasn't changed and I even elaborated further this fact? 

 

Whereas your assertion is highlighted as "all feedback is ignored". No feedback is considered, but it's not the whole picture. Something you seem unwilling to accept, but it doesn't change the fact. The point I made was clear, you tried to side-step it and I won't let you. 



Krazy_Kalle #38 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17084 battles
  • 83
  • [VIECH] VIECH
  • Member since:
    11-01-2016
I just hope this tank will be as balanced as it looks like right now and will enter the tech tree to be purchasable through gold ingame.

Then I just have to wait for a 30% discount and Im ready to go :P

Inappropriate_noob #39 Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:21 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17344 battles
  • 5,214
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostTaudlitz, on 15 January 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

just a better version than tech tree T28,why am I not surprised. I have over 6000 battles in T28 I will not add this think to my garage. I dissagree with approach of releasing better versions of tech tree tanks as premiums. Hope you guys will do some changes after first round of suppertest.   

My suggestion would be severly nerfing gun while keeping superior mobility and armour over T28. Lower DPM to 2,3k, lower prem ammo pen to match T28, increase aim time to 2,2s, nerf gun handling. 

 

Why not just buff the T 28 prototype, that is one turd I was happy to fxp through

_Potato_from_Poland #40 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:15 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 31492 battles
  • 72
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostNoobySkooby, on 25 January 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

 

Why not just buff the T 28 prototype, that is one turd I was happy to fxp through

 

T28 prototype is one of the Best tier8 tanks i have. Cant beat good armor and over 3000dpm

 

This tank is on the tanks.gg now. Doesnt look so amazing


Edited by _Kurwa_Jehova_PL, 07 February 2019 - 07:17 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users