Twitch GDPR

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

slitth #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

If I am playing a match and someone is Twitch streaming or any other streaming of the match can I remove my consent be a part of the stream?

Or does the stream just have to blur out the usernames?

Edited by slitth, 09 January 2019 - 07:40 PM.

sgtYester #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55287 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

i higly doubt it.

it is likely in the tos that ur ingame name can be used for marketing purposes.

besides, how can we relate the name slitth to the real you??  

HaZardeur #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35433 battles

gpalsson #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 23941 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
wtf man...how is this a problem?

slitth #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

The WoT username are unique to each player and as such can be used to identify that individual player.

Because of this is subject to GDPR

18:50 Added after 1 minute

View Postgpalsson, on 09 January 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

wtf man...how is this a problem?

Not a problem, just a question.

Drone81 #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21685 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

in theory no video can be uploaded that can identify a person

like slitth says, these fall under the GDPR law's

but then the streamer or uploader (to site's like youtube), should warn players that they are beeing recorded and ask each player for there permission.

in theory if you see your nickname pop up in a video, you have the right to ask that they blurr your name and if the fail to do so, to have set video been taken down

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23282 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Hi Tr0g!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31587 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postslitth, on 09 January 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

The WoT username are unique to each player and as such can be used to identify that individual player.

Because of this is subject to GDPR

Your WoT username is non-personifiable data and can't be used identify you personally so no, GDPR doesn't apply.

slitth #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 January 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

Your WoT username is non-personifiable data and can't be used identify you personally so no, GDPR doesn't apply.

The username is tied in to my personal data at WG's database. And because of the this GDPR does apply.

Data from https://eugdpr.org/t...tion/gdpr-faqs/

What constitutes personal data?
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.

Edited by slitth, 09 January 2019 - 08:31 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31587 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postslitth, on 09 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

What constitutes personal data?
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.

Cool story. Feel free to use my WoT username to post personally identifiable information about me. Eg, real name, email, mobile number and all that etc. good stuff.

I'll just go make some tea whilst you get on that.

FrantisekBascovansky #11 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17730 battles
snowflake stuff in WOT, yes it happens

evilchaosmonkey #12 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Two points.

First, is this just a question or some kind of cause celebre you are pushing?  I am struggling to see any point if it's a cause celebre given posts on forum, use of name in game, nicknames in replays etc etc.

Second, given the state of the playerbase, it strikes me your name will appear blured to them on screen in any event, given that 99% appear to need to put their bleeding glasses on in order to look at the mini map and play properly. 

Either way, doubt very much there is anything to worry about.

slitth #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 January 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Cool story. Feel free to use my WoT username to post personally identifiable information about me. Eg, real name, email, mobile number and all that etc. good stuff.

I'll just go make some tea whilst you get on that.

Well I would need access to the WG user database to do this. And I do not have such access.

That does not change the fact that my username is linked with personal information on this database and is the for an online identifier.

But anyone that has access to my username and has access to the database will be able to get my name, e-mail and transaction history.

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Good question

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31587 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postslitth, on 09 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Well I would need access to the WG user database to do this. And I do not have such access.

That does not change the fact that my username is linked with personal information on this database and is the for an online identifier.

But anyone that has access to my username and has access to the database will be able to get my name, e-mail and transaction history.

So what we're saying here is that a casual observer of a Twitch streamer, seeing your in game username, is going to be able to derive exactly zero personally identifiable information about you from watching that stream?

I think that resolves your GDPR concern.

slitth #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 09 January 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

Two points.

First, is this just a question or some kind of cause celebre you are pushing?  I am struggling to see any point if it's a cause celebre given posts on forum, use of name in game, nicknames in replays etc etc.

Second, given the state of the playerbase, it strikes me your name will appear blured to them on screen in any event, given that 99% appear to need to put their bleeding glasses on in order to look at the mini map and play properly. 

Either way, doubt very much there is anything to worry about.

Just a question because I have a game where someone on the team spammed a twitch stream notice.
And I wonder if I could shut him up by saying that I do not consent to be a part of his twitch stream.

Normally I don't care about streams, replays or such. But this one annoyed me.

19:56 Added after 7 minutes

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 January 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

So what we're saying here is that a casual observer of a Twitch streamer, seeing your in game username, is going to be able to derive exactly zero personally identifiable information about you from watching that stream?

I think that resolves your GDPR concern.

Is you are Twitch steaming a WoT game and the user names are visible. Then you are steaming online identifier of each player.

As the online identifier is link your personal information under the protected WG database it is personal info as defined by GDPR.

Now as a user playing WoT you have given consent that other can see you online identifier and that it may be recorded on a replay.

The only real question about this is does the consent cover steaming of games online and if you can withdraw this specific consent.

CmdRatScabies #17 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38289 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postslitth, on 09 January 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Just a question because I have a game where someone on the team spammed a twitch stream notice.
And I wonder if I could shut him up by saying that I do not consent to be a part of his twitch stream.

19:56 Added after 7 minutes

Is you are Twitch steaming a WoT game and the user names are visible. Then you are steaming online identifier of each player.

As the online identifier is link your personal information under the protected WG database it is personal info as defined by GDPR.

Now as a user playing WoT you have given consent that other can see you online identifier and that it may be recorded on a replay.

The only real question about this is does the consent cover steaming of games online and if you can withdraw this specific consent.

If it applied to Twitch streams then would it also not apply to simply being able to look up other players stats in WoT?

slitth #18 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 09 January 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

If it applied to Twitch streams then would it also not apply to simply being able to look up other players stats in WoT?

There is probably come form of consent given that WG may allow you stats to be visible.

But in most case you have to know the username to look it up.

Oh and if you delete you account and invoke your right to be forgotten, the stats would probably removed or show nothing.

Edited by slitth, 09 January 2019 - 09:07 PM.

CmdRatScabies #19 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38289 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postslitth, on 09 January 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

There is probably come form of consent given that WG may allow you stats to be visible.

But in most case you have to know the username to look it up.

Oh and if you delete you account and invoke your right to be forgotten, the stats would probably removed or show nothing.

You think Twitch won't have looked into this?  Bound to have had someone complain by now.

evilchaosmonkey #20 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View Postslitth, on 09 January 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

Liking your style sir quite a lot right now.  My kind of action.

Also tagged with Twitch, GDPR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users