T28 HTC missions medium tanks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Babablam #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3929 battles

I'm having trouble with the medium tank missions for the t28 HTC, specifically the ones that require you to do 2000+ damage. What tanks would this be fairly easily achievable in? I don't really play mediums so I'd rather not have to grind up to tier 9-10 on a medium line if I can avoid it. I have a centurion 5/1 but I rarely get more than 1500 damage in it. I was considering the M4 ravioli or the STG but I'm not sure if they would be any good for the missions (and I'd rather not have to buy a tank if I can avoid it).

Edit: I should point out if it wasn't already obvious that I'm not a particularly good player and I especially suck at mediums.

Edited by Babablam, 09 January 2019 - 07:41 PM.

johncl #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52251 battles
I don't wan to sound rude but 2k is not hard in the 5/1 ...Be selfish snipe for the first half of the game play support then go DMG hunting .....

Babablam #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3929 battles

View Postjohncl, on 09 January 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

I don't wan to sound rude but 2k is not hard in the 5/1 ...Be selfish snipe for the first half of the game play support then go DMG hunting .....

You're not being rude, just honest. Problem is I really suck, especially in the 5/1.

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1207 battles

View PostBabablam, on 09 January 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

You're not being rude, just honest. Problem is I really suck, especially in the 5/1.

the answer is simple.. become a better player.. check what medium line fits closest to your play-style in heavies and watch videos on how to play them.

BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4324 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBabablam, on 09 January 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

I brew some awesome tea with lemon and felt kinda inspired, so here is a small(or not so small) guide, i think it might help you to advance at the game faster.

You will get much better with med tanks like 5/1 if u do a couple of things.

First, most meds are specialized tonks, which means each particular med are realy good at playing some positions/roles and are realy bad at playing others. 

In your case, 5/1 is a british high tier med, so it has the following features:

• decently armoured turret
  • terrible hull armour
  • huge hull
  • good gun depression
  • mediocre mobility
  • good vision
  • bad camo
  • accurate gun

And from this features we determine our playstyle with this thing - what we do and what we don't. Gun depression and turret armour allows us to peak ridges safely and deal damage without getting damaged in return. Also we have a huge spotting range so we can detect enemies for our allies safely from ridges and hills.

But we dont want to get caught out of our good position, because with our bad camo we definitely gonna get spotted and with huge hull that has almost no armour we gonna get punished realy hard for such mistake. So any advance or retreat maneuver should be done with caution and consideration.

Accurate gun realy helps to deal damage if we have time to fully aim, so again - fire from a good position. Alse, try to go for tracks when enemy exposes their side and you can pen and track with a single shot.

Our huge hull, bad armour and mediocre mobility also makes us an easy target for artillery, so expect to be prioritized by clickers.

So do you actually play Centurion?

Well, you need to realy now the maps.

From the beginning go to med flank with your team. Check, how many friendlys are with you. If a big part of your team are supporting that flank than you should try to occupy aggressive ridged position and try to use your ridge advantage to deal damage, spot and kill enemies. Always move when behind cover to avoid artillery fire to some extent. Advance with caution! And only with your team.

On the other hand, if your flank doesn't have enough ppl and you see that you probably gonna get outnumbered than dont be too aggressive - you probably wont have a chance to retreat.

Find yourself a good cozy camping spot with a ridge line and some cover from artillery fire and this should allow you to slow down enemy advance, spot for your team and probably deal a decent damage before they manage to overrun your position. Or retreat to the next ridged position when u get the chance.

The most important thing - whenever you are behind cover, reloading, look at the minimap. Try to analyze the situation on your flank and determine what to do next.

That's pretty much it. Actual decision making in battle is completely up to you, and it gets better with experience and deeper understanding of how particular maps and matchmaker setups gets played out.

Also, modding and perks. Most meds follow the same rules - Gun rammer, Vertical stab and Optics. Sixth sense for commander, Gun stab for gunner, Off-road for driver, Situational awareness (if avaliable) for loader. Repairs for the whole crew is a must have so wont get permatracked to death. Camo perks works well with small meds, worse with huge like Centurion.

PS You should look like this at any tonk you think about grinding for, so umay know in advance how it can be played and if u actually will enjoy playing it. Or u can simply watch a Quickybaby video for that particular tonk, he is good at explaining things. Also, feel free to ask further questions. 

SiliconSidewinder #6 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28045 battles
basically any med you are good with from tier VII up should be able to yield 2k damage from time to time.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25369 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

No need to waste your money on a Rev and btw, if you don't have a good crew, you will only suffer more with a new tank anyway. Your Cent is more than capable for your mission just adjust your playstyle to suit your tier and tank during a battle. You will be bottom tier most all the time right? So this is going to be nothing more than a supporting role for 90% of the battle. The cent has a few attributes to it which will suit the bottom tier role. It has a decent gun capable of sniping so on bigger maps, that's what you do. Stay at back out of sight of enemy tanks, get in positions where you can shoot enemy tanks fighting with your teammates at the front and use your tanks decent accuracy, shell speed and pen values to rack up damage. It shouldn't take long, in fact, for the sake of the mission, use some APCR to boost both and that should get you over the finish line.

On small little maps, try and go hull down to exploit your tanks strong turret frontal armor. Hull down is a term given to a tactic where you hide the body of your tank behind a hill or any hard cover showing just your turret to the enemy. Showing only your turret to the enemy is obviously a much smaller and harder target for them to try and hit, hides all the rest of your tank and as luck would have it, the Cent has a strong turret for it's tier along with having good gun dep(good ability to point gun downwards) so you'll probably last long enough to knock in 2k before a Type5 shoots you in the face or an arty scumbag drops a hot steaming one on your back. 

Baldrickk #8 Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31238 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
If it's the mission I'm thinking of...

Damn. Didn't upload the replay, but if it was 2 TD kills and 2k damage? Did it on Overlord in the Cromwell.

Ah well, here, have my most recent Cromwell upload instead:
http://wotreplays.eu...ickk-cromwell_b
2500 dmg on Minsk

Edited by Baldrickk, 10 January 2019 - 05:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users