How to angle my tank against all sorts of ammo?

angle ammo gold special he apcr regular armour

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Ast3r09 #41 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38175 battles

Biggest part of the problem with angling and how well it works, is people's expectations and understanding of it's purpose. It is not a penetration-proof method that will or even should guarantee you 100% blocked shots. As eek said, use it as a tool to give yourself some advantage. If your opponent shot you 5 times and penned only 3, angling did it's job. This however will not be enough for some players who will instantly decide the Maus did not carry it's intended role of a heavy tank because he wasn't able to camp the corner and bounce everything.

gpalsson #42 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 23032 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNazgarth, on 11 January 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

You take this game very seriously if you consider me accusing you of cheating as personal. LMAO. Still waiting for one of you to even challenge my arguments, so far you and eekeeboo haven't even acknowledge the points I brought across, never mind cause my arguments to "not hold". :teethhappy:

Ahh ok back to that. Well ok then I guess you don't take it personal if I call you a whiny little [edited]so we are all good.

UrQuan #43 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAst3r09, on 11 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Biggest part of the problem with angling and how well it works, is people's expectations and understanding of it's purpose. It is not a penetration-proof method that will or even should guarantee you 100% blocked shots. As eek said, use it as a tool to give yourself some advantage. If your opponent shot you 5 times and penned only 3, angling did it's job. This however will not be enough for some players who will instantly decide the Maus did not carry it's intended role of a heavy tank because he wasn't able to camp the corner and bounce everything.

Very good observation. Angling & armor usage is not about being immune to damage, but being (very) resilient to it; If you received 1K damage, but the enemy spent 4K potential damage on you to achieve that, then armor/angling did its job.

They're hurting me alright. At this rate, I'll die after blocking 4K damage. From prem ammo. In a T-10.

Edited by UrQuan, 11 January 2019 - 05:04 PM.

gpalsson #44 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 23032 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNazgarth, on 11 January 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

It doesn't bother me, im just showing an immature argument for what it is; immature. Wasnt an order, merely a suggestion to bring your posts out of the gutter.

The conversation was about cheating, so I accused you of cheating because you seem to not be bothered about the Community manager posting screenshots about it. You called me a whiny ?something?, how is your "argument" related to the discussion? Answer; its not, therefore you saying "can't give what you take" is total nonsense, because 1. I don't particularly care what you say to me and 2. I never personally insulted you.

You seem to have more problems with me pointing out lies and rule bending from the community manager rather than the lies and rule bending going on. Perhaps your signature isn't irony? You tell me.

I'm sure you are very mature :)

Calling people who ask you why you do what you do cheaters, it surely seems that you are taking the high road :teethhappy:

It was merely a polite question about your motivation and if you wanted to stay out of the gutter and on topic maybe you should start by doing just that in your answers too.

I don't have a problem with you pointing something out but when it has been explained to you like you are 5 years old a few times and it still doesn't seem to ring the bell I was just wondering about your motivation.

That's all really, there was nothing more to it.

eekeeboo #45 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45838 battles

View PostNazgarth, on 11 January 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Well you were given plenty of chances to not break the rules and continue to call me a liar or a cheater. Please refer to the rules and read everything said to you including context before insulting myself, other WG staff and other forum users. Have a nice day. 

Dorander #46 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18686 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 10 January 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

Edit to prevent accusations and to not confuse people who can't add context to a picture. 

So first response will be: 

What type of ammo are you trying to bounce, side scraping and angling yourself is the future. Even if you have no building to hide your lower front plate, angling it is still better than not. Try to encourage your enemy to panic or fire pre-emtpively into your nice angled or slopey armour. 

For HEAT, you need to try and encourage the enemy to shoot into spaced armour and tracks, avoid presenting flat surfaces wherever possible! You won't achieve this all the time but it is doable. One mod i used when i set on the journey to improve was something similar to this but far more basic: 

Untitled.png

That's the basics and I apologise for those but in case anyone who didn't know. 

Next, for things like your type 5 heavy, first thing, is there a rush to engage him? Is there a reason you REALLY need to show a flat panel or more of your tank to fire before he does? Even angling against HE will mitigate than if you give a nice flat panel like the front of your turret. 

Against big scary tanks, try not to get yourself into a position where they can fire freely at you from range from relative safety, not always possible, but it should be an attempt regardless. 

Something I feel many people don't do anymore and I used to see it all the time, do not be afraid to wiggle your tank, don't be afraid to rock back and forth with your vehicle and make it harder for the enemy to find that perfect weak spot, make it harder for them to hit your turret by wiggling some more or trying to put your barrel in the way. It won't work every time but the attitude helps and even 1 round stopped is better than not trying at all. 

As mentioned above, WoT can be about patience and E100 is a tank that excels in patient play, solo yolo hero and you'll be free xp. But if there's no urgent need to advance, just wait, shoot at another target. If you can hold that corner for your team vs multiple enemies you're doing more for your team than dying by getting off 1 shell of damage and taking 1-6 in return. 

The thing with tanks like the E100 and other vehicles is they were introduced in a time of very different play styles of the community, they can still work, but they are not as strong as they used to be. These days mobility is a greater commodity than armour and alpha. This is not the case for all maps, and your E100 can still have an outstanding game if you stick to your tank's strengths. 

I agree with most of this but... you have the impression that people don't wiggle their tanks anymore!?!? Ever since I came back about a year ago this game seems to have been filled by fans of Dance Dance Revolution.

Also tagged with angle, ammo, gold, special, he, apcr, regular, armour

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users