ammo weight ammo rack suggestion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

peterleteper #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15432 battles

Greetings Tankers, 

I have an idea of the relationship between weight of ammunition and tank weight.

It’s pretty annoying when you get hit ammo rack with empty or almost empty ammunition capacity.

Also, I think loading your tank fully with ammunition, should effect tank weight and speed. Of course, during the game when you use more and more ammunition, the tank should get lighter and faster on every manner (forward, backward, turning).

Also if I have only few ammunition left in the tank, I guess it’s less possible to topple them down. (ammo rack)

Talk about it.

Jauhesammutin #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postpeterleteper, on 10 January 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Greetings Tankers, 

I have an idea of the relationship between weight of ammunition and tank weight.

It’s pretty annoying when you get hit ammo rack with empty or almost empty ammunition capacity.

Also, I think loading your tank fully with ammunition, should effect tank weight and speed. Of course, during the game when you use more and more ammunition, the tank should get lighter and faster on every manner (forward, backward, turning).

Also if I have only few ammunition left in the tank, I guess it’s less possible to topple them down. (ammo rack)

Talk about it.

Equipment have already a weight to them, but I don't think that has really any effect on gameplay. It's only there so you can't mount your equipment into a stock tank.. So basically it's there for people to use free xp to get modules..

Let's do some calculations with Tiger 1's (unhistorical) 8,8cm KwK 43:

Tiger 1 can carry 72 rounds

APCR weight 7,3 kg = total of 526 kg

Engine power 700 hp

Normal loadout (full ammo, no equipment) 57,612 kg

That equals a power to weight ratio of 12,15 hp/ton.

With ALL the ammunation shot the ratio would be 12,26 hp/ton. So I don't think you would notice anything during the battle..

The ammorack point is nice though. For example if you shoot all the rounds from the turret then you shouldn't get ammoracked from a shot to the turret. Then again your reload time should be longer since the loader has to get the ammo from somewhere else.

In the end WoT is too arcade for such realism to have any real effect on the gameplay..

Balc0ra #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72690 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Been suggested several times.  And WG doesn't want it as it would make the game less arcade and more complicated then it needs to the times asked about it in Q&A's over the years. 

And considering other factors not affecting the game. Like barrel collision. Why add it? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 January 2019 - 04:00 PM.

peterleteper #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15432 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 10 January 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Equipment have already a weight to them, but I don't think that has really any effect on gameplay. It's only there so you can't mount your equipment into a stock tank.. So basically it's there for people to use free xp to get modules..

Let's do some calculations with Tiger 1's (unhistorical) 8,8cm KwK 43:

Tiger 1 can carry 72 rounds

APCR weight 7,3 kg = total of 526 kg

Engine power 700 hp

Normal loadout (full ammo, no equipment) 57,612 kg

That equals a power to weight ratio of 12,15 hp/ton.

With ALL the ammunation shot the ratio would be 12,26 hp/ton. So I don't think you would notice anything during the battle..

The ammorack point is nice though. For example if you shoot all the rounds from the turret then you shouldn't get ammoracked from a shot to the turret. Then again your reload time should be longer since the loader has to get the ammo from somewhere else.

In the end WoT is too arcade for such realism to have any real effect on the gameplay..

I see. Thanks for the accurate example.

If it wouldn't be arcade enough and in reality wouldn't effect much, than it should be implemented with some exaggeration. So to say, in game it should take real effect.

I don't know, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't be the first thing in WoT being exaggerated, but there would be a chance to more customize your game play.

Tiger1 Vs Tiger1 even with same crew, same level..., would not be te same anymore. Am I wrong?

;)

WoT_RU_Doing #5 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57768 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
Interesting....in the past I've seen people deliberately removing all ammo & eqpt from their light tanks in training rooms, to maximise the tanks ability to climb hills etc. Has this actually had any effect for them, or just placebo effect?

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34027 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postpeterleteper, on 10 January 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

I have an idea

I have an opinion.

Shells aren't as heavy as you think, and wouldn't make any noticeable difference as posted in a post above.

peterleteper #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15432 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 10 January 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

I have an opinion.

Shells aren't as heavy as you think, and wouldn't make any noticeable difference as posted in a post above.

You don't want to walk around with some in your backpack boi. ;)

Cobra6 #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

So you basically want light tanks to be slower?

Because the weight of the munitions would be almost insignificant in a heavy tank but it would be a much bigger factor in an (already) light vehicle.

Cobra 6

Also tagged with ammo, weight, ammo rack, suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users