Rhm Panzer AAAAAAAH! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hagane1 #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20756 battles
  • [LFIRE] LFIRE

A long time ago I rage-sold this tank, but about a month ago I wanted to give it another chance because it seems like a really capable tank. Back then my winrate was about 47% Now it dropped to 40% and my recent win8 is a horrible 670 :-(. I know I'm not a brilliant light player but this is really bad even for my light-tank skills.

Snap shots don't seem to work even though it has the paper stats. I get spotted too easy and the gun handling in general is worse than on paper. I'm about to rage-sell it again, but I really want to love this tank because it does have great view range excellent top speed and a good gun. My RU251, SP1C, and LTG stats are much better.

What can I do to make it work? I have decent light-tank experience but I can't make this one work. Any advice would be more than welcome. Thanks guys.

geoff99 #2 Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42502 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Courtesy of @thetopcat (500 games, 54% wr, 1.8k dpg)

1. 5 skill crew and bonded equipment

2. skills: Brothers in arms, sixth sense, camo, situational awareness,recon, snapshot, designated target, smooth ride, offroad driving, clutch breaking. tried to make it aim fast, and spot a long way.

3. equipment: rammer, improved vents, optics
4. play style:  Depends on the map, big maps and its spotting with the occasional bit of sniping but most of my time is taken by harrasment (popping up just after someones shot and putting a shell into them) The 120 pen He gets used quite often too. All being said though if im rushed by any other tier 10 light (or any other tier 10) i rarely win the fight. you have to manually aim to avoid bouncing but they can shoot anywhere back as 30mm is autopen. only super heavies and turretless tanks cant win a rush against me 1v1.
5. ammo load out: 18 APCR, 10 HEAT, 7 HE 

page 6 of this thread http://forum.worldof...st__100#topmost

Edited by geoff99, 04 March 2019 - 02:37 PM.

geoff99 #3 Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42502 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

After reading the thread above, and I've improved slightly since first getting the Rhm Pzw, I've been playing it recently.

My set up

1. 5 skill commander, 4 skill other 2 crew

2. skills: sixth, BIA, full camo, sit awareness and camo, snapshot, smooth ride. can't remember the others (designated target will be on my shopping list next time there's a discounted crew reset)

3. equipment; improved optics, improved vents, vstab

4. ammo load out: 19 APCR, 8 HEAT, 8 HE

Recent stats; not sure but around 30 games, 50%wr, 1.5k dpg

Play style; haven't got one yet. This tank is a frustrating pos. As the OP says, I want to like it as its very fast and pretends to be an effective flanker. But its really bad.

You can't play up front because the camo is meh (34% with 100% camo, chocolate, BIA and improved vents) and its big and paper and vulnerable to everything and the dpm is awful so if you're yolo'd you're dead. Or if you're spotting in a bush you'll take big ammo splash damage. So it seems you can only play it as a distance flanker, remote spotter. I've got around 550m view range which is outstanding when you get to use it, but there don't seem to be many opportunities. You can do half court scouting runs (drive around on your half of the map, don't go beyond half-way ridges) on open maps (prok, murovanka, malinovka), which is great for spotting stuff but will only work if there are green players to hit the stuff you spot. If you're spotted on your active spotting run you'll likely be in trouble as your big paper tank has a big priority target.

Ofc the tank is pretty useless on small city maps and has only limited functionality on semi-open.

Also I thought the Rhm might be good against the new wheelies. But not so far. Their agility and gun handling is very good and I've had several penetrating HE shots from EBR105s without me being able to respond. So I have to run when I see an EBR. Not ideal.

TLDR: Rhm Pzw is a crock of crapand thetopcat must be sacrificing virgins at midnight to get his stats.

Soifon99 #4 Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39936 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

the tank has a global win rate of 46.8%  that is the lowest win rate of ANY tier 10 tank in the game.. the sheridan has 48.2%   it's one of the worst tanks in the game, ill give you reasons why..

1 . WG are asshats for giving all tier X light tanks crap guns, high pen drop off and low pen makes them very limp at long range. (that is where you want to be in this pos tank)

2.  It has meh camo, 34% at max..

3.  It's huge with no armor, gets pennend by everything, HE pens too, arty usually pens too, so one shots are often. 

4.  it tips over very fast.

5.  it loses against every other tier X light tank.

6.  worst dpm of all tier X lights. 

So somehow all these things combined makes it a terrible tank, i'm a pretty good player but i only struggle to have 52% win rate in this tank..  my god i want to like it so much, but it's making it hard.

So play style.. it's a 2nd line support sniper, and late in the game it's a fast flanker.. it's not a scout.. so don't get bullied to scout the map by team mates.

Edited by Soifon99, 19 March 2019 - 12:30 PM.

Hagane1 #5 Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20756 battles
  • [LFIRE] LFIRE

Thank you all for your advice. I applied most of it but the tank remained frustrating to play so I found the solution that works best for me and I applied it about a month after I started this topic: I sold the tank.

Soifon I completely agree with what you said about the tank being a second-line support sniper, that's when I got the best result, but mostly the team pressure at this tier is so high that it takes the fun away from the game because EVERYBODY expects you to spot all the time even at the risk of destruction so they can have their damage. And if the game turns into a potential loss the scout gets the blame. I never had this problem with other scouts I really enjoy playing such as the RU 251, the SP1C, and the French autoloading lights. They are fun to play and work well even though I'm just an average player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users