Skills Perks Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PervyPastryPuffer #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

It was a rather boring day at work today, so I decided to keep being productive and came up with the following idea:

Tank Skills and Perks, much like Crew Skills, but they apply to the vehicle itself, no matter what crew you use.

Note:

This feature is primarily meant for tanks people use often or play the most, as it takes time to level up the skills.

Description:

The initial idea is for each skill/perk's progression to be identical as the crew skills' progression (from 0-100%, getting progressively costlier and slower, you know what I mean).

However, it might be possible to make skill progression depend on the number of battles played in the particular tank, here's what I had in mind:

• 50 battles - 1st skill/perk reached 100%
  • 100 battles - 2nd s/p 100%
  • 200 battles - 3rd s/p 100%
  • 350 battles - 4th s/p 100%
  • 650 battles - 5th s/p 100%
  • 1000 battles - 6th s/p 100%

The skill/perk list:

(note that perks activate only when they reach 100%)

1. Resilient Armor - Reduces damage from explosions and decreases crew stun duration by 10%.

2. Gearbox Adjustment - Increases top speed by 5km/h, does not affect reverse speed. (perk) [example; if top speed is 50km/h, will be 55km/h...and if 13km/h (TOG) will be 18 km/h]

3. Track Maintenance - Increases track durability against ramming/fall damage by 20%.

4. Interior Hygiene - Increases Crew XP gain by 5%.

5. Engine Armoring - Increases engine durability by 20% and decreases chance to catch fire by 5%. (perk) [example; if chance is 20%, will be reduced to 15%]

6. Improved Muzzle Brake - Improves vehicle camo rating while firing by 5%. (perk) [example; if rating is 5% when firing, will be 10%]

Note: all values are subject to change.

I hope you like this idea! Be sure to leave your thoughts below in the comments section, subscribe and hit that like b-...oh wait this ain't Youtube. :unsure:

NEVERMIND :P Just tell me what you think. I'll go post this in the Suggestion Thread too.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40003 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Seconded.

Any bonus is welcome.

kaneloon #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29229 battles

Fine and nice, but WG will never second that.

Most players are in a frenetic search of the perfect tank (which doesn't exists) and it makes them disperse in all directions and spend a lot of time/efforts/xp/money in that graal quest.

To push players to invest themselves into a few tanks is counter-productive for WG.

mjs_89 #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6292 battles
  • [95137] 95137

A seal clubbers wet dream. Sure, the idea sounds nice and I'd love to make my favourite tanks even better, but this will just get abused like there's no tomorrow. A T67 going 66 with 20% camo after firing that boosts crew xp and resists HE damage... Please, no!

Also, I'd personally prefer a % increase to base values instead, and I'd also make the boni smaller.

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Don't let this happen.

LordMuffin #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48615 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 10 January 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

It was a rather boring day at work today, so I decided to keep being productive and came up with the following idea:

Tank Skills and Perks, much like Crew Skills, but they apply to the vehicle itself, no matter what crew you use.

Note:

This feature is primarily meant for tanks people use often or play the most, as it takes time to level up the skills.

Description:

The initial idea is for each skill/perk's progression to be identical as the crew skills' progression (from 0-100%, getting progressively costlier and slower, you know what I mean).

However, it might be possible to make skill progression depend on the number of battles played in the particular tank, here's what I had in mind:

• 50 battles - 1st skill/perk reached 100%
  • 100 battles - 2nd s/p 100%
  • 200 battles - 3rd s/p 100%
  • 350 battles - 4th s/p 100%
  • 650 battles - 5th s/p 100%
  • 1000 battles - 6th s/p 100%

The skill/perk list:

(note that perks activate only when they reach 100%)

1.Resilient Armor - Reduces damage from explosions and decreases crew stun duration by 10%.

2.Gearbox Adjustment - Increases top speed by 5km/h, does not affect reverse speed. (perk) [example; if top speed is 50km/h, will be 55km/h...and if 13km/h (TOG) will be 18 km/h]

3.Track Maintenance - Increases track durability against ramming/fall damage by 20%.

4.Interior Hygiene - Increases Crew XP gain by 5%.

5.Engine Armoring - Increases engine durability by 20% and decreases chance to catch fire by 5%. (perk) [example; if chance is 20%, will be reduced to 15%]

6.Improved Muzzle Brake - Improves vehicle camo rating while firing by 5%. (perk) [example; if rating is 5% when firing, will be 10%]

Note: all values are subject to change.

I hope you like this idea! Be sure to leave your thoughts below in the comments section, subscribe and hit that like b-...oh wait this ain't Youtube. :unsure:

NEVERMIND :P Just tell me what you think. I'll go post this in the Suggestion Thread too.

Your 6th skill is insanely strong.

Most high csmo tanks have an after fire camo of ~5-10% with camo trained and maybe net.

This skill is increasing that value by 50-100% which is a rather insane buff.

Also, I don't think these kind of skills are needed, firing from behind bushes is already super strong, map design enhances this aswell. So further improving those kind of things is not needed.

If WG decided to reduce camo gained from bushes by 50% and not just add the camo from multiple bushes to camo rating but use a different system with diminishing returns for multitude of bushes. Then I think this kind of skill would be a nice addition. 

fabse #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 45772 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

Wargaming did recently indicate that they want to make 6th sense a basic skill in this year. I actually think that they will rework skills altogether, who knows what they have in mind.

I like the idea of rewarding players that dedicate to a tank/crew. The current system becomes somewhat stale after you have 5 perks. Then the progression becomes too slow and most good perks and skills are already assigned.

Your perk number 6 is incredibly broken but numbers can be tweaked ;) .

PervyPastryPuffer #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostLordMuffin, on 11 January 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Your 6th skill is insanely strong.

Most high csmo tanks have an after fire camo of ~5-10% with camo trained and maybe net.

This skill is increasing that value by 50-100% which is a rather insane buff.

View Postfabse, on 11 January 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

Your perk number 6 is incredibly broken but numbers can be tweaked ;) .

Hmm, okay, what if it did this: Improves vehicle camo rating while firing by 2%. (perk) [example; if rating is 5% when firing, will be 7%]

We could just sack it altogether and replace it with another...feel free to come up with something. :unsure:

qpranger #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34524 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

OP, don't let them detract you, I think this is a great idea.

I have several arties with almosy all crew skills acquired 

and I would love some new skills added.

Discontinued #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2964 battles

I'd like "hairdresser" as a perk,

Mainly to give those Sabaton crews a decent haircut

Discontinued #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2964 battles

but in all seriousness i would say the ops suggestion is good but a little to op when going up against noobs maybe?

Still I would like a medic option so that the crews slowly heal or something like that?

OH and BTW i like the Muzzle break, idea too IRL it also promotes accuracy (in rifles anyway)  and reduces recoil,.as well,  as reducing muzzle flash,

Shame you can't put a silencer on a tank?

I still think the radio guy should get "playlist" so you get alternate music in battle appropriate to the vehicle nationality and era it was built.Us 60's tank Motown french 50's-60's tanks would have Chanson music, you get the picture.

After all the radio guy is a layabout he just does nothing but leech of his team mates efforts. Hes got away with this foppish life style for to long now!

Edited by Discontinued, 12 January 2019 - 12:56 AM.

Also tagged with Skills, Perks, Suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users