Tier IX TD?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Ubervold #21 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23170 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Good luck with your tank I'm sure you'll do well regardless since it's still a T9 and even if you end up not liking it much you're that much closer to a Bobject so... always light at the end of the tunnel worst case scenario. :)

Thanks, well, got steamrolled in the first 6 games and then a win by steamroll in which I did not really contribute much.

Total monkey teams though so cant really draw any conclusions.

Edited by Ubervold, 12 January 2019 - 12:33 AM.

ValkyrionX #22 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
263 , cause vodka tonk 

TungstenHitman #23 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30643 battles

View PostUbervold, on 11 January 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

Thanks, well, got steamrolled in the first 6 games and then a win by steamroll in which I did not really contribute much.

Total monkey teams though so cant really draw any conclusions.

I'm sure it will come good. I took on the Conway grind

FatigueGalaxy #24 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21901 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

JagdTiger, because of HP and the gun. If everything fails, you can just trade shots like a moron and still probably come on top in most cases. Don't be fooled, armour is not much worse than 263's, especially when you can stay at range but also for reasons I describe below.

Now, Obj. 263. IMO it's a failed concept. It supposed to be an assault TD but when you try to play it like this (go with heavies) you just get wrecked, because lower plate is really weak and hiding it is not an easy task because of poor gun depression and because you'll contesting the same spots as heavies in your team. Also, this "assault TD"  turns like a whale so getting close to anything puts you in huge danger. Let's not forget you are primary target for arty because it's an open-top vehicle. So if "assaulting" doesn't work because it's hard to find locations to hide LFP, the tank doesn't turn and arty focuses it - then maybe it's better to stay at range?

Except, you can't because gun is simply crap. Pathetic DPM and fairy bad penetration - you can manage. But 0.41 accuracy? Even chinese 152 mm "derp" has 0.38 - and that's with 20 mm more penetration (and 295 mm HEAT shells).

263 is fun when it works (as top tier), when there is no arty and friendly heavies don't try to push you out of position. When you are forced to stay back because it's tier 10 battle with arty and superheavies, it's just bad.

You know what works as assault TD and doesn't suck when "TDing" at range? AMX 50 Foch. Better DPM despite having 1600 damage clip, faster, effectively the same armour (works at range - just like 263's) and it even has decent view range (you can get to view range cap with optics!). You can brawl and snipe from range. The only bad thing about it is low penetration but at least you can hit weakspots with that gun and you stand a chance against superheavies with APCR.

IMO don't bother with 263. This tank brings nothing but frustration, especially if you were looking forward to more "aggressive TD" but quickly realized that your armour means nothing when you get close, arty loves you and anybody can just yolo you and wreck your day so you stay back and snipe with its pathetic gun. At least JagdTiger has HP to take it, arty doesn't do much to it and more importantly - it has really dangerous gun and most player know what it can do to them.

Ubervold #25 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23170 battles

Well, aced it in the 15th game, still mostly stock. 

When you can hide from arty and hide the weakspots then it shines. I guess it kind of fit my style of playing, I like to have some armor to work with.

NoobySkooby #26 Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17327 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 12 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

JagdTiger, because of HP and the gun. If everything fails, you can just trade shots like a moron and still probably come on top in most cases. Don't be fooled, armour is not much worse than 263's, especially when you can stay at range but also for reasons I describe below.

Now, Obj. 263. IMO it's a failed concept. It supposed to be an assault TD but when you try to play it like this (go with heavies) you just get wrecked, because lower plate is really weak and hiding it is not an easy task because of poor gun depression and because you'll contesting the same spots as heavies in your team. Also, this "assault TD"  turns like a whale so getting close to anything puts you in huge danger. Let's not forget you are primary target for arty because it's an open-top vehicle. So if "assaulting" doesn't work because it's hard to find locations to hide LFP, the tank doesn't turn and arty focuses it - then maybe it's better to stay at range?

Except, you can't because gun is simply crap. Pathetic DPM and fairy bad penetration - you can manage. But 0.41 accuracy? Even chinese 152 mm "derp" has 0.38 - and that's with 20 mm more penetration (and 295 mm HEAT shells).

263 is fun when it works (as top tier), when there is no arty and friendly heavies don't try to push you out of position. When you are forced to stay back because it's tier 10 battle with arty and superheavies, it's just bad.

You know what works as assault TD and doesn't suck when "TDing" at range? AMX 50 Foch. Better DPM despite having 1600 damage clip, faster, effectively the same armour (works at range - just like 263's) and it even has decent view range (you can get to view range cap with optics!). You can brawl and snipe from range. The only bad thing about it is low penetration but at least you can hit weakspots with that gun and you stand a chance against superheavies with APCR.

IMO don't bother with 263. This tank brings nothing but frustration, especially if you were looking forward to more "aggressive TD" but quickly realized that your armour means nothing when you get close, arty loves you and anybody can just yolo you and wreck your day so you stay back and snipe with its pathetic gun. At least JagdTiger has HP to take it, arty doesn't do much to it and more importantly - it has really dangerous gun and most player know what it can do to them.

Thanks for high lighting how to play this, I will try the sniper thing out, but tbh, the grind is just too long and my addiction for the game has worn off severely, which for everyone else is probably a good thing, lol

NoobySkooby #27 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17327 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Now as you all know I am the noobiest of them all, but even by my uber slack standards, this wasn't bad, I did die in the end, but hey, just imagine if this were you, a real good player as opposed to me.

Now the T 95 is an awesome beast no doubt, far better than I could ever be......

http://wotreplays.eu...noobyskooby-t95

NUKLEAR_SLUG #28 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
T95 is great, just roll towards the enemy and watch them backpedal when they see you coming. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users