Best tank: USA HT premium

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I'm looking for the best USA HT premium tank, obviously T8 if possible, to level up my HT troops like a boss mainly. I don't know if a T10 would be a better choice, I don't have any yet, but the fact that you can hotswap crew from any tank to a premium without penalties sounds very good.

I'm on M103, working my way up to T110E5, and later on I'll get a Type 57 Heavy. So I'm looking for possibilities, I came across these:

- M6A2E1 (http://wiki.wargamin...Tank:A45_M6A2E1): Is this even available in the first place? Doesn't look bad.

- T34 (http://wiki.wargamin...ank:A13_T34_hvy): Available in-game for 12k gold, 248 pen, 400 alpha, 0.35 dispersion and 3.2 aiming time, looks good as well.

- Both Chrysler tanks: I'm not interested in this trash. I quit the game the day Foch was sacked as CC, I won't support either the GF or the other one.

I don't know if there are any more options, but there don't seem to be many more choices available. I got this info from the official wiki, am I missing something? Which one is the best for farming crew XP? Credits are also important, but crew XP comes first just in case it's a determining factor.

Soup_Potato #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 11 January 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

I quit the game the day Foch was sacked as CC

You sure about that?

Get a T26E5 T14 though.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 11 January 2019 - 12:39 AM.

Homer_J #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

M6A2E1 was on sale over Xmas, will probably be a few months before we see it again.

T34 is always available but not most people's first choice.

View PostSoup_Potato, on 10 January 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Get a T26E5 though.

Might have to wait, it's not always available is it?  Mind you it's on sale more often than the Chrysler.

There's also the T14 when you can get it.

Soup_Potato #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 11 January 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

There's also the T14 when you can get it.

Yes, this. As a crew trainer is needed T14 is the better solution than a tier 8 premium.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3196 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES
I played the Patriot (rental) and it's too 'neat', aesthetically boring, ugly, even, and it hardly does any mistakes. Get an AX, it's almost American and should be a lot more fun (maybe).

OMG_Abaddon #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostPanzerKFeldherrnhalle, on 11 January 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

I played the Patriot (rental) and it's too 'neat', aesthetically boring, ugly, even, and it hardly does any mistakes. Get an AX, it's almost American and should be a lot more fun (maybe).

Not sure if you are trolling, or actually serious... I digress.

View PostSoup_Potato, on 11 January 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

You sure about that?

Get a T26E5 T14 though.

The patriot looks good, I'll see if there's a sale... and if I'm interested in spending more money, I'm not sure about that though. The T14 is Tier 5 if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that be slower than T8 matches? For example, one game in a T6 premium vs one game in a T8 premium, wouldn't I get more XP in the T8? I barely play the Rudy any more for this reason.

Also the handling in T8 premiums is so much better than lower tiers... I sold most of my low tiers for this reason.

Edited by OMG_Abaddon, 11 January 2019 - 01:14 AM.

LordMuffin #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52608 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
You got 2 options.
The Patriot or the Chrysler K.
The former will make more credits since the latter need excessive use of premium ammo to be useful.
No other American HT premiums are worth it.

OMG_Abaddon #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Hmmm I see. Okay I got deeper into all the options I need to cover, basically USA have the heavy line up to T110E5, and the mixed light-med-heavy T57H line. Those 2 tanks are the only ones I'm really interested in, I was factoring in other tanks as they had more and more crew slots because T29 and M6 had 6 crews and I had assumed every HT had them. It's not the case, only 4 crews per tank.

That's something I ignored, and since everyone is recommending the patriot I'll definitely check it out if I find it on sale at some point. Thanks for the info guys.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72817 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

T34 is trash tbh. The pen is the only good part about it. The M6 seems to be an Xmas only sold tank. So you missed that window. And ofc you have the T26E5 that's a good all rounder and appears in the store now and then. 

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 11 January 2019 - 01:09 AM, said:

The T14 is Tier 5 if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that be slower than T8 matches? For example, one game in a T6 premium vs one game in a T8 premium, wouldn't I get more XP in the T8? 

T14 is not a bad crew trainer. And I would not say it's slow in terms of XP farming. As matches there are usually faster vs tier 8. And mine sees high base XP games on even 5min matches. Armor on it if you face someone who knows it is "meh". But most go for the lower plate. And like the 220, it's the strongest part about it. The only bad aspect about that tank... is the AP pen. It's basically the M4 Improved gun with 92 pen. But it has pref MM. It's not sold often. But goes for cheap when it does. 

And most suspect based on what WG said about the bond shop. It could appear there, as it falls under the "retired mid tiers premium" aspect. 

- Both Chrysler tanks: I'm not interested in this trash. I quit the game the day Foch was sacked as CC, I won't support either the GF or the other one.

Lesser known fun fact. Circon lost his CC status the exact same day for the same reason. But unlike Foch, Circon did remove the video and did apologize and got his CC status back the next day. Thus that band wagon came and left in a few hours. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You quit the game but you want to buy a premium tank? I'm not sure you quite understand what quitting means tho I'm sure WG will be happy for you to 'quit' some more.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

The best american premium HT is the super pershing...oh wait but that's not a heavy!

It's a medium in name only, it got heavy armor, sluggish but not awful mobility, good gun with good pen AND it got preferential MM so it doesn't see tier 10s like the patriot does 80% of the time. It's also cheaper than the patriot and available as a tech tree premium.

On top of that you can train your heavy and medium crews in it since the patton line is far more viable than the E5, for me the american heavy line stops at the T29.

The super pershing after the recent buffs and with 258mm gold pen facing only tier 9s is easy mode! :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 11 January 2019 - 04:00 AM.

Homer_J #12 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 11 January 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

The T14 is Tier 5 if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that be slower than T8 matches? 

Lower tiers get an increased exp coefficient to offset the lower earnings.

https://worldoftanks...e-improvements/

Also worth mentioning that it gets special matchmaking so only sees up to tier VI tanks, not tier VII.

Which all makes it a good option for crew training.   Credit earning won't be so good though.

Edited by Homer_J, 11 January 2019 - 08:57 AM.

Simeon85 #13 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 January 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

T34 is trash tbh. The pen is the only good part about it. The M6 seems to be an Xmas only sold tank. So you missed that window. And ofc you have the T26E5 that's a good all rounder and appears in the store now and then. 

T14 is not a bad crew trainer. And I would not say it's slow in terms of XP farming. As matches there are usually faster vs tier 8. And mine sees high base XP games on even 5min matches. Armor on it if you face someone who knows it is "meh". But most go for the lower plate. And like the 220, it's the strongest part about it. The only bad aspect about that tank... is the AP pen. It's basically the M4 Improved gun with 92 pen. But it has pref MM. It's not sold often. But goes for cheap when it does. 

And most suspect based on what WG said about the bond shop. It could appear there, as it falls under the "retired mid tiers premium" aspect. 

Lesser known fun fact. Circon lost his CC status the exact same day for the same reason. But unlike Foch, Circon did remove the video and did apologize and got his CC status back the next day. Thus that band wagon came and left in a few hours. 

I am pretty sure Circon lost his CC status for making a comment that involved Victor's child, crayons and map design, which he then apologised about and remove the video. 

His Chrysler K video I don't think was as critical as Fochs. 

-------------------------------------------

T26E5/Patriot or Chrysler K.

The Mutant is ok and if they fix the MM it'll become very strong as it's armour vs tier 8s or below is amazing

Chrysler K is a very strong tank IMO, despite the crap pen. 

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23665 battles

Foch was sacked because he called WG with bad names too much. Nothing to do with Chrysler.

xtrem3x #15 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34976 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 10 January 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'm looking for the best USA HT premium tank, obviously T8 if possible, to level up my HT troops like a boss mainly. I don't know if a T10 would be a better choice, I don't have any yet, but the fact that you can hotswap crew from any tank to a premium without penalties sounds very good.

I'm on M103, working my way up to T110E5, and later on I'll get a Type 57 Heavy. So I'm looking for possibilities, I came across these:

- M6A2E1 (http://wiki.wargamin...Tank:A45_M6A2E1): Is this even available in the first place? Doesn't look bad.

- T34 (http://wiki.wargamin...ank:A13_T34_hvy): Available in-game for 12k gold, 248 pen, 400 alpha, 0.35 dispersion and 3.2 aiming time, looks good as well.

I don't know if there are any more options, but there don't seem to be many more choices available. I got this info from the official wiki, am I missing something? Which one is the best for farming crew XP? Credits are also important, but crew XP comes first just in case it's a determining factor.

M6A2E1 is the most noob friendly so you should get that one when it's available. It's also very good after the recent buff.

Patriot and Chrysler are the next best choices when available however Chrysler won't make as many credits due to needing to fire gold at tier 10s

T34 is good, I like it. You don't need to spam gold. But, it is not as good as the other 2. Although to be fair, I would say in tier 10 games it's better than the Chrysler and Patriot

Sir Foch was removed as a CC because of the way he spoke about WG.

Any company would have removed him if they were in WGs position. He was out of line. The ironic thing afterwards is that the Chrysler really isn't as strong or as OP as people first thought so it was all a big fuss over nothing. How many do you see nowadays? Hardly any, it's a rare sight.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #16 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3196 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES
"Not sure if you are trolling, or actually serious..."

Serious. The Patriot feels like a boring tank. It does everything right but is boring. There are many tanks with 90mm guns and in the American tree that (aesthetically) have the same looks as the Patriot that it just feels like that: boring.

chiggy #17 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1
For credits most likely the Patriot, which is why its worth 10K gold. Be warned though, Wargaming do not like the tank as it pulls retard teams. This is how it is balanced.

Edited by chiggy, 11 January 2019 - 11:11 AM.

OMG_Abaddon #18 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostTankkiPoju, on 11 January 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Foch was sacked because he called WG with bad names too much. Nothing to do with Chrysler.

Did you see the Chrysler GF review? All the remarks he made, they were due to this tank. It was a premium with no weak spots and premium-chugging gun! Granted he should have handled it more politely, but it was 100% this tank that made him go berserk.

View PostHomer_J, on 11 January 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Lower tiers get an increased exp coefficient to offset the lower earnings.

https://worldoftanks...e-improvements/

Also worth mentioning that it gets special matchmaking so only sees up to tier VI tanks, not tier VII.

Which all makes it a good option for crew training.   Credit earning won't be so good though.

One question, when I read this:

• Their elite status allows you to convert any earned experience from the battle straight to free experience, which you can then use to speed up your progress on any line in the tech tree.

I understand you can do this for gold, or is there a way to transfer XP to free XP without charge that I don't know about?

Aside from that, I've been thinking about it and credits are also really important. 2 days ago I made 4M credits playing only T8 premiums, yesterday I had zero. It would be awesome that while I'm at it I can get credits to buy the next tank, and level up the crews accordingly.

View Postxtrem3x, on 11 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Sir Foch was removed as a CC because of the way he spoke about WG.

Exactly. But...

View Postxtrem3x, on 11 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

The ironic thing afterwards is that the Chrysler really isn't as strong or as OP as people first thought so it was all a big fuss over nothing.

He didn't say it was OP. He said it was a lazy design with no frontal weak spots at all, which makes it impossible to penetrate if he's looking at you without any angling whatsoever. Also the poor gun forces people to spam gold, making it a cash grab altogether.

So what I get so far is the Patriot is the lead here, T34 worth mentioning but too sluggish, T14 only for crews. I'll wait for a while and see if I can find one at some point, I probably won't buy a T10 until I have a premium anyway, lots of XP to go. 

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Homer_J #19 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 11 January 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

One question, when I read this:

• Their elite status allows you to convert any earned experience from the battle straight to free experience, which you can then use to speed up your progress on any line in the tech tree.

I understand you can do this for gold, or is there a way to transfer XP to free XP without charge that I don't know about?

Aside from that, I've been thinking about it and credits are also really important. 

Nope, you need gold.

For credits then you want a tier VIII or VII premium, or just buy a Fort Knox every fortnight.

xtrem3x #20 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34976 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostHomer_J, on 11 January 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

or just buy a Fort Knox every fortnight.

You should go for this option so you have better MM and win more games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users