WG: Is account sharing still allowed/tolerated or not?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Bruecki2938 #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6825 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

I know that accout sharing was allowed at some point in time - or at least not "punished".

But with one of the latest updates of your TOS it seems forbidden - at least it is my interpretation of "confidential".

Block Quote

5.6 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your Account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

Yet multiple streamers (big time streamers and/or players from known top clans) - I don't want to call out names here but you find enough VOD evidence on Twitch - openly play other accounts for different reasons like "testing xvm focus with a red wn8 account", "3marking tanks for money", etc.

Because they do it openly and never ever get "punished" - I mean this thing is going on for ages - I would like to have an official statement if account sharing is allowed or not.

The next campaign is up the alley and as we all know during campaigns a lot of "sharing" is going on for different reasons and it's an advantage for the clans who do it.

If account sharing is not allowed I would like to know why there are no "punishments" towards the players who evidently do it.

(And don't tell me you do it because those streamers were not banned/"punished" during the last 12 months as they are streaming on a daily or at least 5 out of 7 days basis without interruption!)

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Bruecki2938, 11 January 2019 - 09:36 AM.

TheDrownedApe #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

but they might have more than one account, not sharing others.

and please PM me a vid of 3 marking for money

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 11 January 2019 - 09:37 AM.

Bruecki2938 #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6825 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 11 January 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

but they might have more than one account, not sharing others

Could be of course but I think this is not the case as the openly discuss this with their twitch chat that this is not their account and/or if suddenly a super unicum has only 800 wn8 on his alt account?

Yeah, for sure....

Edited by Bruecki2938, 11 January 2019 - 09:41 AM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's more a matter of the definition of account sharing.

Letting your mates sit at your PC and play a few rounds is not account sharing.

Handing your password to someone else in your clan is and is also asking for trouble.

WG generally don't care but won't help you if you have given out your login details and someone sells all your tanks and dismisses your crews.

Bruecki2938 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6825 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
To be honest I don't want to discuss the whys and maybes because it's pointless and waste of time.

So the main topic/question is: Is it officially allowed/tolerated?

It's a simple question and you can answer with "Yes" or "No"!

Edited by Bruecki2938, 11 January 2019 - 09:56 AM.

jabster #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBruecki2938, on 11 January 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

To be honest I don't want to discuss the whys and maybes because it's pointless and waste of time.

So the main topic/question is: Is it officially allowed/tolerated?

It's a simple question and you can answer with "Yes" or "No"!

Not officially no but there was a post sometime ago where the gist was we aren't going to ban you just for sharing an account but if it all goes wrong don't expect us to sort it out for you.

divsmo #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36558 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
My understanding is that they won't punish people for doing it, but if the person you've given the details to screws your account then they won't help you.

__SLICK__ #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5306 battles
I'm pretty sure the official stance was you share ' at your own risk ' . 

Bora_BOOM #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28389 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I believe there should be a drawn line and a more precise definition what is account sharing. That is because "sharing" is everything from giving your account for someone to boost/grind/achieve any goal and you pay him, or on the other end of the scale you have a good friend/kid/cousin you want to show the game so he plays a couple from your computer.

I have a son (still a kid) that plays this game for a quite some time, he has a second account of his own and his results are fine. He just reached his first tier ten tank (IS7). Over the weekend he asked me whether he can play a single game with my 430U he is grinding toward. Sure I gave him, he lost the first battle fast so he played one more. That is not sharing by any stretch of imagination, although it is someone else playing my account for 20 battles over last two years - but that cannot be compared with giving your account to an unicum to achieve a XY thing or getting any money involved in that share.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 11 January 2019 - 10:14 AM.

brevlada #10 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17336 battles
The purpose I think is that if you give out your login and something happens to your account, it's not WGs fault, just writing off some responsibility like most  companies in their TOS and EULA

Bruecki2938 #11 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6825 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Yes i know everything of this and in the former TOS it was stated "you should not share....." and "should not" is different to "confidential at all times" so WG changed that clause.

And the only thing I want to to know if there is an actual statement within the last 2-3 months which is up to date and not what was known and stated ages ago because I know all of that.

If you have one, please share and provide link!

Otherwise don't post "I think", "In my oppinion" please, because you - as long as your are not working for WG - are not an official source.

Speculations and interpretations we all can make and I can make myself.

__SLICK__ #12 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5306 battles

View PostBruecki2938, on 11 January 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yes i know everything of this and in the former TOS it was stated "you should not share....." and "should not" is different to "confidential at all times" so WG changed that clause.

And the only thing I want to to know if there is an actual statement within the last 2-3 months which is up to date and not what was known and stated ages ago because I know all of that.

Otherwise don't post "I think", "In my oppinion" please, because you - as long as your are not working for WG - are not an official source.

So send in a ticket.

jabster #13 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBruecki2938, on 11 January 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Well speak to someone at WG then.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 11 January 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

but they might have more than one account, not sharing others.

and please PM me a vid of 3 marking for money

This, they probably have "recruit" accounts like most of us :D

3-marking for money is actually not that uncommon, certainly with clans putting so much importance on 3-marks/damage on T10's rather then people being a good team player.

Cobra 6

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23665 battles

Paying someone money for three marking tanks? So basically paying someone money for getting artied a bit more in WoT. What a bunch of brain surgeons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users